Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,488 ✭✭✭✭guil

Yes OTA just downloads the new bit whereas restoring downloads the complete thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mullsbros

I have had my iphone for a year. I just downloaded IOS7 and now my phone is turning itself off and on and freezing to the extent that i can't turn my phone off at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,488 ✭✭✭✭guil

Press and hold the sleep and home buttons until the apple appears on screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Any news on a jail break for ios7? I am still on 6 and jailbroken!

Dont want to upgrade because im not aware of any non jailbroken app that allows me to password protect apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Any news on a jail break for ios7? I am still on 6 and jailbroken!

Dont want to upgrade because im not aware of any non jailbroken app that allows me to password protect apps.

I seen some sites trying to charge for the a jailbreak.. Are they rip offs?

Im on IOS 5.something on my ipad2 wanna put 7 on now as lots of new apps only supported beyond 6..

• Advertisement

Stab*City wrote: »

Im on IOS 5.something on my ipad2 wanna put 7 on now as lots of new apps only supported beyond 6..

Think they are rip offs, dont think the legitimate jbs ever charge for it as its all donation. Id steer clear of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Stab*City wrote: »

You can upgrade to 6.1.2 and still have Jailbreak. I have that firmware on iPad and will never upgrade unless it can be Jailbroken. If I lost my xbmc on my iPad that would be it, gone in an instant.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 tractortom

Don't pay for Jailbreaks, read this article about scammers selling freely available software: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/40449333/stop-thief

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭Doge

I find that this youtube channel is the best way to stay updated regarding jailbreaks.

http://www.youtube.com/icrackuridevice

Remember it's the UNTETHERED jailbreak you want, otherwise you will need to have the ipad connected to a computer each time you boot it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i want to buy a second hand iphone over on adverts.ie but im meteor and its on the 3 network, ill need to get it unlocked to work with my sim!! the last time i bought an iphone on adverts , i was told anything and i tired to hook it up to my mac ,and it just blocked again

what should i look out for, any tips and hints?? i just dont want the same thing to happen again you know , i want to be able to to updates etc

thanks if you can help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

A V A wrote: »
    i want to buy a second hand iphone over on adverts.ie but im meteor and its on the 3 network, ill need to get it unlocked to work with my sim!! the last time i bought an iphone on adverts , i was told anything and i tired to hook it up to my mac ,and it just blocked again

what should i look out for, any tips and hints?? i just dont want the same thing to happen again you know , i want to be able to to updates etc

thanks if you can help
    2 tips for adverts

1. Look for a seller with a bit of decent feedback for peace of mind
    ( too many arseholes there selling blocked handsets / or replicas )
    2. Buy officially unlocked unit ( plenty around )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

i got an iphone 4 off my brother and need to jailbreak it.Obviously the phone will have to be wiped of all his stuff so i a m not using his itunes account..... but is it possible now for me to download 6.1.2 and jailbreak that ?

i got an iphone 4 off my brother and need to jailbreak it.Obviously the phone will have to be wiped of all his stuff so i a m not using his itunes account..... but is it possible now for me to download 6.1.2 and jailbreak that ?

What version of IOS is it running currently?

I don't think you can downgrade.

waveform wrote: »
    What version of IOS is it running currently?

I don't think you can downgrade.

it is currently on 6.0.1 but i need to wipe it so it doesnt store any of his information

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 tur$ire

Anyone know a shop in Galway city to unlock Iphone 4 its English carrier T-mobile,
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

ios 7.x jailbreak has been released :D

http://evasi0n.com/

Simply Red wrote: »
    ios 7.x jailbreak has been released :D

http://evasi0n.com/

Is there much point jailbreaking right now as i dont think Cydia knew it was coming so soon and nothing is up to date?

Also does anyone know any more about them adding back door access for piracy to it? Just saw some stuff on twitter and another ios forum i use and people dont seem happy!

Guide here for Mac users:

http://youtu.be/pLC0NWz70FQ

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Is there much point jailbreaking right now as i dont think Cydia knew it was coming so soon and nothing is up to date?

Also does anyone know any more about them adding back door access for piracy to it? Just saw some stuff on twitter and another ios forum i use and people dont seem happy!

yeah nothing upto date really...I'm using it strictly for pdanet (tethering app_) that actually works unlike the default hotspot that I've to leave up on the hotspot page to maintain a connection. Eats through my battery as display is on as well. (when display goes off I lose connection).
    Had it on previous IOS versions, my last two iphones (4/4S) as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭theaaao

Apple tv 2 running 5.0.2.

Bought this off my friend and its never been jailbroken. Im terrified ill do something wrong and update the software or firmware and end up with having to do a tethered jailbreak!
    • So far Ive figured out that I can do an untethered jailbreak.
    • BUT this apple tv has never been synced to my itunes.
    • Do I need to save SSHS blobs or something before jailbreaking.

Tempted to go with this tutorial here from seasonpass:

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=23808

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Hi folks,quick one for yas,where can I find the additional services in settings as I don't seem to have it at all,just wanna check out the new update on snapchat and it says at the bottom on the update settings > additional services > manage (see attached) running latest ios and on 4s

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Hi folks,quick one for yas,where can I find the additional services in settings as I don't seem to have it at all,just wanna check out the new update on snapchat and it says at the bottom on the update settings > additional services > manage (see attached) running latest ios and on 4s

go into snapchat, go the the left most screen ( The screen with the list of recent snaps) tap the gear on the top right and then you should see additional services if you scroll down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

go into snapchat, go the the left most screen ( The screen with the list of recent snaps) tap the gear on the top right and then you should see additional services if you scroll down

Legend..Cheers..I was trying the settings on the phone itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

theaaao wrote: »
    Apple tv 2 running 5.0.2.

Bought this off my friend and its never been jailbroken. Im terrified ill do something wrong and update the software or firmware and end up with having to do a tethered jailbreak!
    • So far Ive figured out that I can do an untethered jailbreak.
    • BUT this apple tv has never been synced to my itunes.
    • Do I need to save SSHS blobs or something before jailbreaking.

Tempted to go with this tutorial here from seasonpass:

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=23808

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    first thing and most important thing to do is save your blobs

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭theaaao

massy086 wrote: »
    first thing and most important thing to do is save your blobs

And how do I do that with a device not jail broken before? Tiny umbrella?
    Downloaded that but do I need to change the settings around or are they is the program good to go?

Do I need to connect it to iTunes or anything?

Here's a list of Cydia tweaks that are working and not working for iOS 7:

http://www.team-sync.info/ios7.html

Best not to install the ones that aren't working in case you brick your device.

anybody on the new jailbreak yet? is it safe to go ahead and update?

anybody on the new jailbreak yet? is it safe to go ahead and update?

Im doing it tonight, its been tested and its safe to use, just some tweaks etc isnt up to date yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Can anyone tell me a few benifits of jail breaking an ipad? Is it worth doing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Anyone else who has installed the jailbreak having trouble finding downloaded apps from Cydia? I can't find the majority of tweeks I've installed such as zeppelin and swipeselection. They're showing up in the installed packages menu on Cydia but they're not in the phone settings menu? Any ideas?

Advertisement