Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Doge

Duff wrote: »
    Anyone else who has installed the jailbreak having trouble finding downloaded apps from Cydia? I can't find the majority of tweeks I've installed such as zeppelin and swipeselection. They're showing up in the installed packages menu on Cydia but they're not in the phone settings menu? Any ideas?

Zeppelin isn't working for ios 7 as you can see in this link:
    waveform wrote: »
    Here's a list of Cydia tweaks that are working and not working for iOS 7:

http://www.team-sync.info/ios7.html

Best not to install the ones that aren't working in case you brick your device.

You should really wait before installing tweaks as they need to be updated for ios 7 to run properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭red bellied

Ipad2 won't work on new jailbreak, goes into boot reloop.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭theaaao

Can anyone tell me if its possible to save SSHS blobs from an Apple TV 2 running apple software 5.0.2? The device hasn't been jail broken before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Duff wrote: »
    Anyone else who has installed the jailbreak having trouble finding downloaded apps from Cydia? I can't find the majority of tweeks I've installed such as zeppelin and swipeselection. They're showing up in the installed packages menu on Cydia but they're not in the phone settings menu? Any ideas?

If you reinstall mobile substrate again they will appear in the settings method but apps will keep crashing, for me anyway. You can give it a try anyway. If they start crashing just reboot or respring your device and wait till they're updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

AntiRip wrote: »
    If you reinstall mobile substrate again they will appear in the settings method but apps will keep crashing, for me anyway. You can give it a try anyway. If they start crashing just reboot or respring your device and wait till they're updated.

That didn't work either for some reason. The only thing that I can see that I downloaded is Winterboard. Guess I'll just wait for things to be updadted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

Will the cydia stuff be getting updated??? From what I have read saurik was working on a jailbreak with somebody else and that's why ios7 jailbreak was released early. Looks like there was a bit of a falling out between the two

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭Raoul

Ipad2 won't work on new jailbreak, goes into boot reloop.

This is what I was looking for thanks!!!

Can't find out if this has been solved or not yet?

Edit - From looking at the youtube channel, this has not been solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I don't know if I'm in the correct tread or not but I need help with a used ipod I recently purchased.
    It is an ipod touch 4g, it does not turn on, when I connect it to the pc, I can hear a sound indicating something has connected to the usb port, I do not see it in my computer but in iTunes it say an ipod in recovery mode and must be restored. Nothing about the ipod is recognised in itune just that it is and ipod, no seriel number or ios details.
    Now, when I try to restore it, it will run until it says waiting for ipod and hang there until I disconnect it from the pc. On the ipod I see the apple logo and progress bar but it doesn't move. Any ideas what I can do or if it is even fixable? Any advice is much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Flipcontrolcenter released in Cydia.
    Need to add http://rpetri.ch/repo/ in source.
    Basically its like scrollingdock for your control center. Allows you to reorganise the icons in whatever you prefer and to scroll through pages of them.
    Still in beta but nice. No probs so far with it,

Blazer wrote: »
    Flipcontrolcenter released in Cydia.
    Need to add http://rpetri.ch/repo/ in source.
    Basically its like scrollingdock for your control center. Allows you to reorganise the icons in whatever you prefer and to scroll through pages of them.
    Still in beta but nice. No probs so far with it,

Wound rather this on top as it's interfering with the scroll timeline of my media players. If I want to up/lower the brightness of the screen and I swipe up it sends my media to a later time and I've also touched the timeline bar. Very annoying especially on xbmc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

New mobile substrate is out in cydia. Happy days

New mobile substrate is out in cydia. Happy days

I'm sorry now I updated. All my apps crash on startup. Nothing works.

If anyone else experiences the same issue, just restart your device with the volume up key pressed to disable Mobile Substrate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Is it possible to airplay xbmc to an apple tv 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ninap

Hi

I've only recently realised that my Apple TV2 can be jailbroken (duh), and was going to do it myself, but have some basic probs, such as a full hard drive on my lap top, a lack of a micro USB, running 6.0.2 etc, so just wondering if anyone knows someone who can do it for me commercially in Dublin, and add XBMC? (I'm aware of a guy in Roscommon, but don't fancy posting off my ATV for several days). Also, would someone doing it for me need access to my iTunes account, or can they use any one? Would that mean I'd lose purchased movies etc from my ATV?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ninap

Thanks for pm Massy. Tried to reply but it says your inbox is too full!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Ninap wrote: »
    Thanks for pm Massy. Tried to reply but it says your inbox is too full!

SORRY TRY NOW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

barryd09 wrote: »
    Is it possible to airplay xbmc to an apple tv 3?

Yes while watching the video on your jailbroken device you will see the air play icon beside the the play button just select it and enjoy it on your tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Not sure if I'm allowed mention this but it's about unlocking. Got my phone unlocked through an eBay seller. It was €7 so I thought no harm trying and with PayPal I could get it refunded if it didn't work.

To my surprise less than 12 hours later my phone was unlocked, finally upgraded to ios 7 and no longer did I need a gevey sim tray. I'm guessing there is a lot of fake offers but for €7 I'm amazed it worked and so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

To my surprise less than 12 hours later my phone was unlocked, finally upgraded to ios 7 and no longer did I need a gevey sim tray. I'm guessing there is a lot of fake offers but for €7 I'm amazed it worked and so quickly.

Fair amount on google about this. The "good" unlockers with great feedback are generally in the phone companies or have a contact in there getting kickbacks.

Why the phone companies can't reconcile the number of unlocks each month to the cash charged to their customers and therefore find out the "illegal" unlocks is beyond me but it seems to be the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

basill wrote: »
    Fair amount on google about this. The "good" unlockers with great feedback are generally in the phone companies or have a contact in there getting kickbacks.

Why the phone companies can't reconcile the number of unlocks each month to the cash charged to their customers and therefore find out the "illegal" unlocks is beyond me but it seems to be the case.

Well for me I had a 3 UK sim lock. They've just started doing free unlocks so I'd imagine that helps someone on the inside no end. Regardless I'm pleased with the result anyway. Still can't believe it was so cheap when you consider a lot of places charge €100+ or used to anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Simply Red wrote: »
    ios 7.x jailbreak has been released :D

http://evasi0n.com/

Be careful with this one!

New iOS 7 jailbreak Evasi0n actually a Trojan

Curb your enthusiasm, jailbreak devotees; downloading Evasi0n, the new iOS 7 jailbreak, could be dangerous. Developed by Evad3rs, this jailbreak includes hidden code from a third-party Chinese vendor that resists any analysis and tampering. In a recent blog post, Lookout explains why you might not want to download Evasi0n.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭Raoul

Pretty sure that is old news really and has since been rectified. I think!

Even Geohot reversed engineered the Jailbreak and found nothing wrong with it
    http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/12/24/geohot-reverses-ios-7-jailbreak/

Does anyone know of a an app or tweak that will enable me to download an mp3 from safari in iOS 7?

As you know, safari will just play the mp3 in the browser and not allow a download option.

Safari download manager, enabler etc... have not yet been updated for iOS 7.

I seriously do not want to have to use another computer via itunes or dropbox to put an mp3 onto my ipad. I bought the ipad as a replacement to a PC.

And these are legal mp3s from artists on soundcloud, bandcamp, bleep etc..

I think its seriously retarded that apple block mp3s when you can download other file formats such as .ogg no problem with safari.

I dont mind if i cant add the mp3 to the music library. I can use iFile to browse them and play them.

Just wondering if anyone can help.. Every time I download a ringtone from Cydia, I can't find it. It's not in sounds>ringtones where it usually would be. I've tried re-installing the packages several times but to no avail. Everything else I download is there, just not the tones. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭steadyeddie08

Download ToneEnabler and they should then show up

Eddie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Or just download unlimtones

Or just download unlimtones

How have I not discovered this before?!:eek:

I had the springboard completely crash on me the other day for the first time,
    It rebooted into Safe Mode, black lock screen and no wallpapers just like Safe Mode on Windows!

Ony had the facebook app and safari running at the time, so have no idea what the culprit was!

I find that chrome and safari crash often enough since the jailbreak, i might have to start afresh again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Bebop

I have inherited an bricked iPhone 3g, when I power it on it just shows the "connect to iTunes" graphic, iTunes reports that it is in recovery mode, if I try to restore with 2.1.1 firmware I get error 1015,
    I have no way of knowing what version of IOS or firmware is installed, most of the online tutorials seem to be 3 or 4 years old with dead links,
    I would like to unlock it and Jailbreak it so that I can use an O2 sim, where do I start?

Thanks for any help

Advertisement