Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Cianos wrote: »
    Hey,
    I'm having a lot of trouble here and I hope someone can help. I'm trying to unlock from O2 my iphone 3G. It's running 3.1.2 firmware and the baseband is 05.11.07.

It's jailbroken, so I have installed ultrasn0w and run it. It didn't work because of the baseband so I got fuzzyband but that said that I cannot downgrade from my version :mad:

So, is there anything I can do ?

Much appreciate any help.
    Blackra1n is what you need

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Blackra1n is what you need

Excellent, I think it worked :)

The only thing now though is that it's saying I'm not subscribed to a cellular data network :confused:

What network you on ?

I'm trying to connect to meteor. Phone is working fine but not the data.

Cianos wrote: »
    I'm trying to connect to meteor. Phone is working fine but not the data.

Go to cydia download meteor carrier bundle, Turn iPhone off , then back on an go to settings /general/network / cellular data/ go down bottom an press reset and should work fine

• Advertisement

Go to cydia download meteor carrier bundle, Turn iPhone off , then back on an go to settings /general/network / cellular data/ go down bottom an press reset and should work fine

Brilliant, thanks very much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭golfman

I've had a jailbroken unlocked 3GS 3.1.2 since just after Xmas. I have to do a tethered jailbreak everytime the phone runs out of battery, which is often and highly annoying.

Has a solution been brought in for this yet?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

golfman wrote: »
    I've had a jailbroken unlocked 3GS 3.1.2 since just after Xmas. I have to do a tethered jailbreak everytime the phone runs out of battery, which is often and highly annoying.

Has a solution been brought in for this yet?

The spirit jailbreak is untethered and only takes a few seconds.

The spirit jailbreak is untethered and only takes a few seconds.

And could I then turn my phone off at night etc and then just turn it back on as normal??

I'm sorry it sounds such a basic and stupid question but its vital when I'm away and I've forgotten my charger!

Also, am I likely to lose any of the apps etc I already have? I originally jailbroke my phone using Blackra1n....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

golfman wrote: »
    And could I then turn my phone off at night etc and then just turn it back on as normal??

I'm sorry it sounds such a basic and stupid question but its vital when I'm away and I've forgotten my charger!

Also, am I likely to lose any of the apps etc I already have? I originally jailbroke my phone using Blackra1n....

If you need your phone to be unlocked do not update and rejailbreak with Spirit.

If you do not require a unlock then sync your phone with iTunes for all your official apps to be backed up .
    For your CYDIA apps use "appbackup" , available from CYDIA.

Once everything is backed up .. Update your phone to 3.1.3 and use Spirit to rejailbreak .
    Sync back with iTunes to get back your offical apps .
    Reinstall "appbackup" from CYDIA and restore all your CYDIA apps.

Then your sorted , spirit is the most painless jailbreak ever (so simple) and your phone can be switched off anytime.

• Advertisement

Ah, my phone's unlocked at the moment and I would need it to stay unlocked so I guess I should stay clear of Spirit for now then? I'll just sit here and hope something else comes along.......

Thanks for clearing that up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I am sorry this is a question that I am sure has been answered about 100 times but I looked through and didn't really understand a lot of it and if it was possible.

Basically I want to buy an iPhone, I know they are not out on Meteor (They might be soon enough) but I am wondering if I would be able to unlock the phone and use my current Meteor sim or jailbrake it to use the meteor sim with?

Thanks and sorry for the noobish question.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭comfort

Hi all, I have been looking everywhere and reading about Jailbrake etc. I am totally confused. I have an iPhone 3GS version 3.1.3 (7E18) and basically I am looking to jailbrake the phone. What do I need and how do I go about it. Any help would be appreciate it and appologies if I have asked the question in the wrong forum. Many Thanks.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭arsebandit

comfort wrote: »
    Hi all, I have been looking everywhere and reading about Jailbrake etc. I am totally confused. I have an iPhone 3GS version 3.1.3 (7E18) and basically I am looking to jailbrake the phone. What do I need and how do I go about it. Any help would be appreciate it and appologies if I have asked the question in the wrong forum. Many Thanks.:confused:

Pm me and I'll walk you through it. It's very easy
    Bandit

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭nicker_s

Is there a way of unlocking a 3gs 3.1.3 with modem firmware 05.12.01 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    I am sorry this is a question that I am sure has been answered about 100 times but I looked through and didn't really understand a lot of it and if it was possible.

Basically I want to buy an iPhone, I know they are not out on Meteor (They might be soon enough) but I am wondering if I would be able to unlock the phone and use my current Meteor sim or jailbrake it to use the meteor sim with?

Thanks and sorry for the noobish question.

Is anyone around to help here? My girlfriend is in a similar situation. She just got her mother to upgrade to an Iphone 3gs(the mother was on vodafone) and now wants to use the phone on her meteor sim. Could someone kindly explain how we go about unlocking the phone? Any help appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Is anyone around to help here? My girlfriend is in a similar situation. She just got her mother to upgrade to an Iphone 3gs(the mother was on vodafone) and now wants to use the phone on her meteor sim. Could someone kindly explain how we go about unlocking the phone? Any help appreciated.
    You can't unlock it at the moment, word on the street is that an unlock will be released when OS 4 and the new iphone come out.

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=9706

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Shanio100

Hey guys
    Hoping someone can give me some help. I've just done the Spirit jailbreak, that went fine. I just wanted to change my theme etc but am struggling to find one that works (or is nice). Can anyone recommend a few decent all in one ones?

Things like Monochrome dont seem to be available with firmware V3.0? I'm on v3.1.3 so does this mean that I'm severely restricted around what I can use. I've been looking around Cydia but cant see anything i really like. I dont mind paying for one if its really good etc.

Thanks in advance. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

May have already been asked, (But its a long thread! :)) But - has anyone any advice on ringing vodafone to unlock the phone to work with any sim?

Ill be getting one in the next couple of weeks on upgrade from VF and need it to be unlocked to work with meteor sim.

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

ok i a iphone unlocked and jailbroke with Blackra1n and unlocked with cydia

now i got the fone from the states so it is important that i can unlock it again or else im bollixed

right so ere's me prob

there was a few cydia apps that where doin me nut in and couldnt get them off with cydia for some reason so i decided to reboot the fone reset it all together not through itunes

it prmpted me that it would take 2 hours so i clicked on it anyway and the status bar went all the way across to the end and now the fone is stuck on the apple logo and i cant seem to get it out of it!

i put it into recovery mode and tried black ra1n to try get it out to no avail
    so its sitting here caught in a loop of trying to reboot or something

any i dea's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 loocas

http://gizmodo.com/5533921/how-to-jailbreak-any-iphone-ipod-touch-or-ipad

This is a very handy guide for those who don't know much about Jailbreaking and want to know the how-tos of it. It won't have any info however on unlocking it for Meteor use etc.

Uh, not trying to viral market or anything either for Gizmodo, it's just a good guide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Hey all, I'm just wondering where I would go for a hardware unlock for a 3G or 3GS, and a rough price? If it's possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

im currently using a 3gs 3.1.2 jailbroken and network unlocked if i upgrade to the latest firmware i kno i can rejailbreak using sprint but will i be able to unlock the network again?

im currently using a 3gs 3.1.2 jailbroken and network unlocked if i upgrade to the latest firmware i kno i can rejailbreak using sprint but will i be able to unlock the network again?

Nope not yet

Nope not yet

SHOULD be available next Monday (21st June). Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

nicker_s wrote: »
    SHOULD be available next Monday (21st June). Fingers crossed.

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

quick question guys , iphone 3G version 3.1.3 (7E18) , firmware 05.12.01 , can this be unlocked and jailbroken or am i waiting in the queue with everyone else ??

my missus has updated her phone and seemingly blocked it ..

thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I'm in a similar both here, sorry, complete iPhone nub.

What is the situation with 3.1.3 it seems from this thread ti can't be done.

snow breeze v.1.4 claims it can unlock 3.1.3?

phone currently jail broke with spirit.

can anyone confirm?

I'm losing my top

Elessar wrote: »
    Source?

Google it, it's on lots of sites. See here for example:
    http://www.mobilehuntz.com/2010/02/iphone-313-baseband-051201-exploit.html

When I say fingers crossed, I mean nothing is definite; it's what i've read.

I can't remember where I read exactly but a number of people were saying that the dev team will release the unlock when fw version 4.0 and/or 4G is released. The FW is due on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

well it depends on your phone really i had a problem with my phone just there 2 days ago, i did a master reset and it got caught in a restart loop i'd no chioce then but to up it to 3.1.3,

it was running on 3.1.2 and jail broke and unlocked, so with the update it locked it back to original state, now my phone had the 5.8 loader on it so i was able to break it with spirit and use fuzzband to downgrade the baseband to 04.26.08 and unlock it with ultrasn0w

there is a piece of software called f0recast-1.1 that ya can check your phone to see if it has the 5.8 loader on it before you do anything to it

Advertisement