Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

3G on 3.0, dev-team have you covered. http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kcools

Hi all. Just hoping someone has an idea how to fix this. Upgraded my 3g (previously on 3.1.2 and jb with blackrain) to iOS4 and jb with Pwnage Tool 4.1, then unlocked with ultrasnow. So far so good.......until I try and use safari on 3g (works fine on wifi). It seems my data settings have changed/gone. There's no option in settings like on 3.1.2 to put them in manually. Anybody any ideas how I can fix? - I'm on meteor if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance.
    EDIT Got it sorted, key is to jailbreak with redsnow 5-3, problem seems to occur with 5-4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I have a 3gs. Its been updated to iOS4. I have not previoulsy jb'd it. Is it possible to jb. I have looked at some sites but all instructions are Mac based. Any help much appreciated. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Hi guys, looking for a bit of help. Got my 3gs today and im looking to jailbreak unlock, I did not update to 4.0 as I cant find an unlock for it so im running 3.1.3 and firmware 05.12.01.

Can anyone point me in the right diesction to JB unlock? Ive never done it before and i dont want to brick a new phone by doing it wrong.

Thanks for any help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Hi guys, looking for a bit of help. Got my 3gs today and im looking to jailbreak unlock, I did not update to 4.0 as I cant find an unlock for it so im running 3.1.3 and firmware 05.12.01.

Can anyone point me in the right diesction to JB unlock? Ive never done it before and i dont want to brick a new phone by doing it wrong.

Thanks for any help.

Go to www.spiritjb.com to get the jailbreak and then search in cydia for ultrasn0w for your unlock.

You probably don't have your shsh blobs for 3.1.3 so don't upgrade to 4.0 yet as there is no way back for you.

Get your shsh blobs for 4.0 saved now, search for a program called tinyumbrella and get them saved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Redshift wrote: »
    Go to www.spiritjb.com to get the jailbreak and then search in cydia for ultrasn0w for your unlock.

You probably don't have your shsh blobs for 3.1.3 so don't upgrade to 4.0 yet as there is no way back for you.

Get your shsh blobs for 4.0 saved now, search for a program called tinyumbrella and get them saved.

Redshift , I'm running running 3.1.3 and firmware 05.12.01 unlocked by O2 .Am I to understand that this can now be jailbroken ???:confused::confused::confused:

sharkman wrote: »
    Redshift , I'm running running 3.1.3 and firmware 05.12.01 unlocked by O2 .Am I to understand that this can now be jailbroken ???:confused::confused::confused:

It can indeed, use Spirit linked in the previous post.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Sorry Redshift , I ment to say if I upgrade to iOS4 will the jailbreak work ?

sharkman wrote: »
    Sorry Redshift , I ment to say if I upgrade to iOS4 will the jailbreak work ?

You can jailbreak IOS 4.0 the 3G and some 3GS with old boot rom only, which is only a small number of early 3GS phones.

http://www.iphoneheat.com/2010/06/how-to-jailbreak-iphone-3gs-3g-ios-4-sn0wbreeze-1-6/

IOS 4.0.1 is out on monday so get your SHSH for 4.0 before then.

http://www.iphoneheat.com/2010/06/save-shsh-blobs-for-ios-4-with-tinyumbrella-windows-mac/

Don't forget if you have have a 3GS and don't have your SHSH for 3.1.3 you can never restore 3.1.3 again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Brian017

I have an iPhone 3g on 3.1.2 can I go ahead and jailbreak & unlock it with iOS4??

• Advertisement

Yeah i want ios 4 and to unlock it. Doest seem to be one out yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

anyone else have probs with cydia on os 4

if i update to 4.0,will this work for unlocking?

http://www.blogsdna.com/11020/how-to-unlock-iphone-3gs-4-0-iphone-3g-4-0-ios-with-ultrasn0w-0-93.htm

Im very scetchy about this as I dont want to lock out my phone.

Im jailbroken with spirite

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Toon--soldier

If i buy an american iphone 3Gs with a contract from at&t can i get it unlocked in ireland and use it with a vodafone sim?Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 johnsmith1974

Hi Guys, any experts out there?

I have a 3.1.2 3GS that has stopped working (stuck on logo screen)

tried sleep/wake function many times already.

Tried downloading the old firmware, and changing the host files.
    iTunes system error tells me that it is "not eligible"

I don't want to go upgrading to 4.0 - this will brick my phone.

Please help - am willing to pay!

Phil
    087 2106020

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

Hi guys,

Just unlocked my 3gs on 3.1.3.

My query is - if I want to sell this phone now and do a factory reset to get rid of all my settings will I lose the network unlock or is that permanent?

Ie if the guy who buys it goes and registers it on itunes will they try to lock it again?

Sorry if it's a silly question!

If i buy an american iphone 3Gs with a contract from at&t can i get it unlocked in ireland and use it with a vodafone sim?Thanks

yeah ya sure can but remember to keep the original sim with it as you will need it for breaking and unlockin

i got mine from the states on AT&T

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

Moggser, any ideas on my query above? Can itunes relock your phone to a particular network in software updates?

breeno wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just unlocked my 3gs on 3.1.3.

My query is - if I want to sell this phone now and do a factory reset to get rid of all my settings will I lose the network unlock or is that permanent?

Ie if the guy who buys it goes and registers it on itunes will they try to lock it again?

Sorry if it's a silly question!

yeah it will,, if he does that,, but just tell him not to restore or update it through itunes unless he is confident that he can unlock it again himself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi all,

Is it possible to unlock a 3G on 3.1.3?

I'm trying to jailbreak it at the mo but I can't ...using blackra1n but I get stuck on the "Waiting for reboot screen" ..it just stays black.

• Advertisement

Blackra1n is only for 3.1.2 use spirit from here to jailbreak

www.spiritjb.com

and ultrasn0w to unlock it

Cheers

I can't use Spirit on my machine as I'm running iTunes 9.2 ...bit of a pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post in, but I'm just confused with this whole jailbreaking on an unlocked phone business. I got O2 to unlock my iPhone a few months ago so I could move to Vodafone. I upgraded to iOS4 last week, but if I decide to jailbreak it will my phone go back to being locked and render my Vodafone sim useless, or will the unlock remain unaffected?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

The unlock remain unaffected

Hi all,

I just got the 3G jailbroken using spirit.

It's on 3.1.3, is this possible to unlock?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

jamieh wrote: »

It's on 3.1.3, is this possible to unlock?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭A-Train

moggser wrote: »
    anyone else have probs with cydia on os 4

Hi were you having problems with Cydia? I just updated my 3gs using pwnage tool and cydia keeps crashing! Looks like I'm bunched with no jb for awhile!

A-Train wrote: »
    Hi were you having problems with Cydia? I just updated my 3gs using pwnage tool and cydia keeps crashing! Looks like I'm bunched with no jb for awhile!

Well I was but that's when I put os 4 on it I've since went back
    to 3.1.2 on that fone and it was fine
    I reckon that fine I was usin was fubar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭A-Train

moggser wrote: »
    Well I was but that's when I put os 4 on it I've since went back
    to 3.1.2 on that fone and it was fine
    I reckon that fine I was usin was fubar

I got it sorted last night, it seems there is some problem if you use the pwnage tool in expert mode to set up the restore file. So set up a new restore file using the pwnage tool in simple mode and restored the phone. Cydia works grand now no problems.

• Advertisement

Hi all,

About to jailbreak a 3GS.

3.1.3 is on at the moment - am going to jailbreak it and then move onto iOS4 (seemingly, u can't jailbreak iOS4 without jailbreaking 3.1.3 first)

I have sn0wbreeze downloaded to jailbreak 3.1.3 .....I get a message saying:

"sn0wbreeze has detected that this device cannot be jailbroken with sn0wbreeze, unless it is already jailbroken. If your 3GS has an updated bootrom, then you cannot use sn0wbreeze."

Where do I go from here!? :confused:

Advertisement