Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

You should be able to update to ios5.1.1, jailbreak and unlock.

Since my phone is already jailbroken, I'm guessing plugging it in and updating to 6.0.1 is a no no?

I don't particularly care for any paid apps, I just jailbroke it so I could unlock it accross borders.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 AndrewHoey2012

does anybody know where i can buy those tiny screwdrivers to take the back off iphone 4s's?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Normally eBay.

Maybe Halfords/Argos/PC World?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Any word on a jailbreak for 4S 6.0.1 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭kaisersoze

all the twitter feeds seem to imply there is a jailbreak ready but wont be relased until IOS 6.1 is released so Apple cannot fix the bug that allowed the code injection. I would think IOS 6.1 should be released within next couple of weeks
    bombidol wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

bombidol wrote: »

As iOS 6.1 has been jailbroken by the evad3rs team, expect new jailbreak with the next day or two.

http://www.cultofmac.com/212713/upcoming-ios-6-1-jailbreak-will-be-available-on-nearly-all-devices/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

naasrd wrote: »
    As iOS 6.1 has been jailbroken by the evad3rs team, expect new jailbreak with the next day or two.

http://www.cultofmac.com/212713/upcoming-ios-6-1-jailbreak-will-be-available-on-nearly-all-devices/

Feckin class. I've been waiting for this for ages. I can finally update my old 3gs from 4.3.5. And possibly a good enough reason now to update to an iphone5.

Feckin class. I've been waiting for this for ages. I can finally update my old 3gs from 4.3.5. And possibly a good enough reason now to update to an iphone5.

Nice. I can't wait to install intellicreenx on my 5. Have been lost without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭deckycoop

hi guys. just wondering if a blacklisted phone to Vodafone can be unlisted. 1fella says it Will cost me 120 euro. just wondering if it Will work before i hand him 120bucks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

WTF!! No JB for ATV3!!!! The Atv3 is the missing link that connects all my Apple stuff... Im so pi55ed with this!

• Advertisement

deckycoop wrote: »
    hi guys. just wondering if a blacklisted phone to Vodafone can be unlisted. 1fella says it Will cost me 120 euro. just wondering if it Will work before i hand him 120bucks

Don't know, but I certainly wouldn't have over cash first. Pay when it's done and you see it working, otherwise run for the hills.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

naasrd wrote: »
    Don't know, but I certainly wouldn't have over cash first. Pay when it's done and you see it working, otherwise run for the hills.

Better do it fast the states just outlawed 3rd party phone unlocking. So those shops may not be around much longer..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭guil

Stab*City wrote: »

Better do it fast the states just outlawed 3rd party phone unlocking. So those shops may not be around much longer..
    I heard they did it in America but I never heard anything about Ireland

The countdown is on boyos.

http://evasi0n.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

you know thats a fake evad3rs site right ?

Stab*City wrote: »

No, not here. Unless they've invaded?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Stuxnet wrote: »
    you know thats a fake evad3rs site right ?

Why you think this site is fake? Have you been reading other forums. Alot of chatter about evad3rs on the macrumors forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

This is the official site for the Evad3rs jailbreak tool:

http://evasi0n.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Rumour has it that evasi0n will be released today to jailbreak all iphones and ipads running up to ios 6.1.
    www.evasi0n.com/

85%: First major round of testing concluded successfully on Windows and Mac. Come back soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Awake&Unafraid

I've an iphone 4 and I haven't jailbroken it before, but I'm jailbreaking it once this comes out. Any tips for a beginner?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

I've an iphone 4 and I haven't jailbroken it before, but I'm jailbreaking it once this comes out. Any tips for a beginner?

make a backup first.
    read any instructions a few times first.
    dont panic if something goes wrong, it can generally be undone easily.
    Not sure how this one will work, but some of the older jailbreaks involved holding on button and home button at various times, if you have a very protective case these buttons are a little harder to use so might be an idea to jailbreak naked.
    The phone now, not you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

phill106 wrote: »
    make a backup first.
    read any instructions a few times first.
    dont panic if something goes wrong, it can generally be undone easily.
    Not sure how this one will work, but some of the older jailbreaks involved holding on button and home button at various times, if you have a very protective case these buttons are a little harder to use so might be an idea to jailbreak naked.
    The phone now, not you :)

Waaay ahead of ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I have an iphone 4 and am wondering about this new jailbreak (evasi0n)if i do jailbreak it will i be able to switch from the 3network to vodafone???

the phone is locked to 3network???

biggebruv wrote: »
    I have an iphone 4 and am wondering about this new jailbreak (evasi0n)if i do jailbreak it will i be able to switch from the 3network to vodafone???

No, it's just a jailbreak.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

biggebruv wrote: »

No, as far as I know, iphone 4, 4s or 5 can't be unlocked.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I've been out of the jailbreak game for far too long!

Roll on later tonight! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭guil

i wonder how many people won't bother with a jailbreak now that install0us is gone, i haven't had my phone jb in i dunno how long but i might give it another go tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

guil wrote: »
    i wonder how many people won't bother with a jailbreak now that install0us is gone, i haven't had my phone jb in i dunno how long but i might give it another go tonight

That's not the only reason why people JB you know. I for one can't wait for SBSettings, AptBackup, Springboard, Activator etc. And if you were into cracked apps they're plenty alternatives to that repo you mentioned. Jailbreaking is about opening up the iOS to 'legal' third party apps that are not allowed in the AppStore not piracy. You shouldn't assume that it's all about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I've an iPhone 5, is there good enough reason to jailbreak it when this 6.1 jb comes out? I've never jailbroken my phone before, and I've no interest at all at getting apps illegally or anything, and the last jailbreak I saw on someone's 3GS a short while after they came out just seemed very gimmicky as all that was changed was the icons, and it all looked very laggy.

Basically, is it worth my while, if im not interested in changing icons or not paying or apps?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

I've an iPhone 5, is there good enough reason to jailbreak it when this 6.1 jb comes out? I've never jailbroken my phone before, and I've no interest at all at getting apps illegally or anything, and the last jailbreak I saw on someone's 3GS a short while after they came out just seemed very gimmicky as all that was changed was the icons, and it all looked very laggy.

Basically, is it worth my while, if im not interested in changing icons or not paying or apps?

Have a look at some of the apps here
    http://www.cultofmac.com/141796/the-best-jailbreak-apps-for-the-iphone-4s/

I found the themes and fancy icons caused lag on older versions of iPhones but I don't think it should be a problem on the latest phones and tablets.

IntelliScreenX is very cool though :)

Advertisement