Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

guil wrote: »
    Just google Cyrus tweaks to see what's available

I think guil means Cydia Tweaks, damn auto correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Hey guys,

Just got my 4S on 5.0.1 and was wondering if anyone has untethered jailbroken theirs with Absinthe? How do you find it? Recommended?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Duff wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Just got my 4S on 5.0.1 and was wondering if anyone has untethered jailbroken theirs with Absinthe? How do you find it? Recommended?

Cheers

Its grand was a bit glitchy for me. I re-did it again and is fine since. Would recommend.

Doylers wrote: »
    Its grand was a bit glitchy for me. I re-did it again and is fine since. Would recommend.

Cheers, Going to do it now. :)

Anyone else have problems jailbreaking with Absinthe?

Halfway though the jailbreak where the phone appears to be restoring, I keep getting a windows message saying Absinthe has stopped working. Tried it three times now and its the same every time. Anyone have any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Anyone else have problems jailbreaking with Absinthe?

Halfway though the jailbreak where the phone appears to be restoring, I keep getting a windows message saying Absinthe has stopped working. Tried it three times now and its the same every time. Anyone have any ideas?

Running it as admin? If that dont work try run it in compatibility mode and set to xp sp3. Could just be a bad download

Doylers wrote: »
    Running it as admin? If that dont work try run it in compatibility mode and set to xp sp3. Could just be a bad download

Yeah, I'm running as admin. I'll re-download it again and see.

Cheers.

Tried all of the above. Still no luck. Might try with a different computer..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I've a quick qeuestion,

I've an iPhone 4 - I've not upgraded to iso5 yet, Dont' really see the point.

I've had this phone since April. I've loads of Apps installed and the normal stuff like photos/music/videos/ Contacts etc.

If I jailbreak it will I lose all these ?

Also whats the best way to Jailbreak this?

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭guil

naasrd wrote: »
    I think guil means Cydia Tweaks, damn auto correct.
    haha yeah i've being caught out with that loads of times

• Advertisement

NeVeR wrote: »
    I've a quick qeuestion,

I've an iPhone 4 - I've not upgraded to iso5 yet, Dont' really see the point.

I've had this phone since April. I've loads of Apps installed and the normal stuff like photos/music/videos/ Contacts etc.

If I jailbreak it will I lose all these ?

Also whats the best way to Jailbreak this?

thanks.

No, you won't lose any of your apps. What iOS are you running and what modem firmware?

No, you won't lose any of your apps. What iOS are you running and what modem firmware?
    what does the baseband have to do with jailbreaking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Spent an hour today trying to find some nice lockscreen themes. Settled on this one after a while. Loads of cool ones out there.

104G61106-1.jpg

How can I check both of them

I've not updated anything since i got the iphone in April.

go to settings>general>about and scroll down to version, theres no need for the second one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Hey guys,

Cheers

Yeah, very straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Celtxx wrote: »
    Spent an hour today trying to find some nice lockscreen themes. Settled on this one after a while. Loads of cool ones out there.

104G61106-1.jpg

Just jailbroke mine earlier. Where did you get the lockscreen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Hi
    How do I jail brake my iPad 1 running 5.0.1 (9A405)

guil wrote: »
    go to settings>general>about and scroll down to version, theres no need for the second one

Version 4.3

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 5,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭culabula

Version 4.3

Why wouldn't you update to iOS 5? Apart from the obvious advantages, many apps need iOS 5 as a basic requirement. The apps you currently run may eventually cease to support iOS 4.

• Advertisement

I just wanted it to be out and tested for a while before upgrading.

When you Jailbreak your phone are you still able to do updates on iOS ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Celtxx wrote: »

Just jailbroke mine earlier. Where did you get the lockscreen?

www.iphone4sthemes.com

You need winterboard and clock hide from Cydia for most of them and then you need to manually edit a HTML file so set the weather to your location.

I just wanted it to be out and tested for a while before upgrading.

When you Jailbreak your phone are you still able to do updates on iOS ?
    yeah you can update iOS but it removes the jailbreak each time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Karsini wrote: »
    Re the jailbreak, if you don't care about updating to iOS 5.0.1 then you can just go to http://www.jailbreakme.com/ - it doesn't get much easier than this.

Unlocking, you'll need a Gevey SIM or else an official network unlock.

hi im new to the iphone scene just bought a 4s on monday and dont like the limitation to it heard of jailbreaking before but as far as doing it i havnt a clue.
    had a quick browse through the thread and seen the post above do i jst go to that site on the iphone and it should jailbreak it for me or do need to go a different route.
    also i know ill lose my warranty if its jailbroken but if its reversed will apple find out?
    kind of s.hitting here to go ahead and jailbreak in case i mess up, if i plug it into i tunes and let it sync it self away does that mean its backed up

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

spider_pig wrote: »
    hi im new to the iphone scene just bought a 4s on monday and dont like the limitation to it heard of jailbreaking before but as far as doing it i havnt a clue.
    had a quick browse through the thread and seen the post above do i jst go to that site on the iphone and it should jailbreak it for me or do need to go a different route.
    also i know ill lose my warranty if its jailbroken but if its reversed will apple find out?
    kind of s.hitting here to go ahead and jailbreak in case i mess up, if i plug it into i tunes and let it sync it self away does that mean its backed up

thanks

That wont work for you. You need to follow this as thats for older firmware: http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-ios-5-on-iphone-4-3gs-ipad-ipod-touch-using-redsn0w-0.9.9b5-final-version-howto-video-tutorial/

what does the tethered and untethered mean, which one should i be going for

says here it dont work for 4s

Things to remember:
    • This will not work with iPad 2, nor the iPhone 4S.
    • This is a tethered jailbreak, meaning that it will require you to connect the phone to a computer running Redsn0w whenever you power up the phone.
    • As has been the case before, by pursuing the tethered route, if and when an untethered jailbreak does surface, the chances are you’ll have to restore in order to utilize it.

says here it dont work for 4s

Things to remember:
    • This will not work with iPad 2, nor the iPhone 4S.
    • This is a tethered jailbreak, meaning that it will require you to connect the phone to a computer running Redsn0w whenever you power up the phone.
    • As has been the case before, by pursuing the tethered route, if and when an untethered jailbreak does surface, the chances are you’ll have to restore in order to utilize it.
    They're old instructions. Go here and download Absinthe, that will do a 4S untethered.

Karsini wrote: »
    They're old instructions. Go here and download Absinthe, that will do a 4S untethered.

thanks for that do i turn it off before connecting or leave on

• Advertisement

thanks for that do i turn it off before connecting or leave on

I've never worked with the 4S so don't know the exact procedure for it. Sorry.

Advertisement