Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭dodzy

14murphy wrote: »
    Just changed some of the properties for the Absinthe app and it went like a hooer. Delighted.
    Care to elaborate ?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,426 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Worked perfectly for me...so far so good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭obi604

Hello, im new to al this jailbraking stuff

I have an iphone 4S
    Its running IOS 5.0.1
    The phone has never been jailbroken or tampered with before
    I am running Windows 7

Presume I can jailbreak this now from whats being said on previous posts or does it depend on your baseband ?

There seems to be 2 links to jailbreak :

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/16162905938/corona-a5-jailbreak-nearly-ready-to-pop
    http://www.idownloadblog.com/2012/01/21/how-to-jailbreak-your-iphone-4s-and-ipad-2-on-windows/

Which is the most reliable ?

Ive backed up my phone, so I presume after this that its ok for me to do a jailbreak

Sorry for all the basic questions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

obi604 wrote: »
    Hello, im new to al this jailbraking stuff

I have an iphone 4S
    Its running IOS 5.0.1
    The phone has never been jailbroken or tampered with before
    I am running Windows 7

Presume I can jailbreak this now from whats being said on previous posts or does it depend on your baseband ?

There seems to be 2 links to jailbreak :

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/16162905938/corona-a5-jailbreak-nearly-ready-to-pop
    http://www.idownloadblog.com/2012/01/21/how-to-jailbreak-your-iphone-4s-and-ipad-2-on-windows/

Which is the most reliable ?

Ive backed up my phone, so I presume after this that its ok for me to do a jailbreak

Sorry for all the basic questions
    Once your backed up your ready to go. Follow this one: http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-iphone-4s-and-ipad-2-on-windows-the-easy-way-using-absinthe-video/

When I run the jailbreak, will all the apps and settings etc. that I have now still be there after the jailbreak ?

• Advertisement

When I run the jailbreak, will all the apps and settings etc. that I have now still be there after the jailbreak ?

Yup everything will still be there

Yup everything will still be there

and final q's I promise : )

So say I do this jalibreak and all hunky dory etc.

Is there a way in the future that I can totally delete the jailbreak and go back to just the way the phone is now ?

i.e if I wanted to update to a new official apple IOS can I do it with a jailbreak on it or does the jailbreak have to be gone off it

and final q's I promise : )

So say I do this jalibreak and all hunky dory etc.

Is there a way in the future that I can totally delete the jailbreak and go back to just the way the phone is now ?

i.e if I wanted to update to a new official apple IOS can I do it with a jailbreak on it or does the jailbreak have to be gone off it

Yes you can just update as normal through iTunes. This would remove the jailbreak and update you to the latest version

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

dodzy wrote: »
    Care to elaborate ?:rolleyes:

Ok so,
    if you are getting the problem where when you click on the absinthe logo and it justsays setting up the jailbreak i sorta got around it by.
    -download the jailbreak to your computer.
    -extract all the files.
    -right click on absinthe and open properties and then click compatibility.
    - im not sure exactly what its called but there is an unticked box. tick the box and change it so windows XP pack 2 or something similar instead of 3.
    - then run as administrator and continue with the jailbreak as normal

I did this and the away the jailbreak went like a good thing.

so ive just jailbroken my phone for the first time : ~) all went fine

Ive installed SBSettings.
    Now I know you can bring up the SBsettings screen ( with the wifi, 3g toggles etc. ) by swiping left to right on the task bar, bottom up swipe, minus volume button etc.

But is there any way to

1 ) Add the toggles in SB settings directly to for example your home screen so they are permanently there ?

OR

2 ) Instead of doing a swipe left, right etc. any way to press an icon ( like for example you press your photos, calendar icon and they open ) and open it up that way

Hope im making sense :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

so ive just jailbroken my phone for the first time : ~) all went fine

Ive installed SBSettings.
    Now I know you can bring up the SBsettings screen ( with the wifi, 3g toggles etc. ) by swiping left to right on the task bar, bottom up swipe, minus volume button etc.

But is there any way to

1 ) Add the toggles in SB settings directly to for example your home screen so they are permanently there ?

OR

2 ) Instead of doing a swipe left, right etc. any way to press an icon ( like for example you press your photos, calendar icon and they open ) and open it up that way

Hope im making sense :)

1)search in the sections menu of Cydia there is a "addons" menu for SBsettings

2) In in SBsetting "app" you can customise loads including how you launch it

Have a look for Notificationcentre enhancer - you can add SBsettings to the IOS notifications

micks wrote: »
    1)search in the sections menu of Cydia there is a "addons" menu for SBsettings

so I think I found the right addon, its called "ScrollingBoard SBSettings"

I installed it but where do I find this new addon

or is it just something thats added on in SBSettings menu ?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

Its in Cydia

You might have to add sources

google "best sources for cydia"

they give you ore when you search thru cydia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Since updating the OHs iPad2 (4.3.3 JB) to 5.0.1 JB, the 4OD and TV3player no longer works.

Any other experiencing similar issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Can anyone tell me where i can get a composite cable to connect my ipad to my tv?

I want one that will work with tvout so i can watch content on my telebox.

I presume its non-offical ones that work in this way but can anyone give me a link to a shop or site that sells them?
    Im looking for ones that people have bought and actually work.

Thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Marto10

Hi guys,
    Has anyone used SAM to fix push notifications or is there anyway to fix them on a jailbroken 3gs runinng 5.0.1?

I see various things about three dropping their free tethering options,is there a jailbreak tweak that allows you to tether your mobile data allowance to ipad without your network knowing/charging? what i mean is there anything that 'fools' the network provider into thinking its just your mobile using the data?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭guil

just search apn editor or just apn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

barryd09 wrote: »
    I see various things about three dropping their free tethering options,is there a jailbreak tweak that allows you to tether your mobile data allowance to ipad without your network knowing/charging? what i mean is there anything that 'fools' the network provider into thinking its just your mobile using the data?

Mywi does it, so does tetherme.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭paradisepaddy

I installed some cydia tweaks on the ipad2 forgetting that some may not be compatable. The most of them are built for iphones i'm guessing. Anyway got stuck on apple boot logo. left it on for ages to see would it dissapear. no joy. Had everything backed up from before jailbreak though so all good. Thankfully still on 5.01 on itunes so just done a fresh restore and will re-jailbreak later.

If you are to install cydia apps best of making sure they are for your device, and always back stuff up. ;)

I think the culprit was intelliscreen ....

good programs to use to back things up.
    http://code.google.com/p/iphonebrowser/downloads/list

http://www.ipadfileexplorer.com/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

http://www.ultrasn0w.ca/2012/01/batteryfix-ios-5-tweak-that-will.html

saw greenpois0n pushing this on twitter earlier, or maybe yesterday...

really wonder how it could possibly work.

guil wrote: »
    just search apn editor or just apn
    jarvis wrote: »
    Mywi does it, so does tetherme.

Perfect, cheers lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,426 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

barryd09 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where i can get a composite cable to connect my ipad to my tv?

I want one that will work with tvout so i can watch content on my telebox.

I presume its non-offical ones that work in this way but can anyone give me a link to a shop or site that sells them?
    Im looking for ones that people have bought and actually work.

Thanks lads

official ones will work perfectly as well with tvout..in fact you;re prob better off with you guaranteed that those tables will work with the ipad.

Anyone know how toget the android lock on the 4s for free ?
    Figured will post link to vid if anyone wants it.

Blazer wrote: »
    official ones will work perfectly as well with tvout..in fact you;re prob better off with you guaranteed that those tables will work with the ipad.

I thought there was a chip of some sort in the offical ones that block content thats streaming on the ipad/iphone from being shown on the tv? Or does the jailbreak override this?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

14murphy wrote: »
    Anyone know how toget the android lock on the 4s for free ?
    Figured will post link to vid if anyone wants it.

the only way is to steal it.. dont steal it. it only costs $1.49

BUY IT!

I did. Also just donated for my jailbreak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Bullsh*t from meteor - I rang to enquire about getting my iPhone 4 unlocked. Was going to listen to what their terms were, how long I had to have the phone, pay balance of contratc, whatever. Was not considering unlocking now, but wanted to know options for the future if I was to go abroad etc.

Instead I was told that they are "unable" to unlock iPnones. I explained to them that it was simple, they put a request into Apple (had rung Apple to confirm this before hand). They said they were unable to do this, thus unable to unlock the phone, and could give me no indication as to if/when they would be able to do this.

Complete crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

sillymoo wrote: »
    Bullsh*t from meteor - I rang to enquire about getting my iPhone 4 unlocked. Was going to listen to what their terms were, how long I had to have the phone, pay balance of contratc, whatever. Was not considering unlocking now, but wanted to know options for the future if I was to go abroad etc.

Instead I was told that they are "unable" to unlock iPnones. I explained to them that it was simple, they put a request into Apple (had rung Apple to confirm this before hand). They said they were unable to do this, thus unable to unlock the phone, and could give me no indication as to if/when they would be able to do this.

Complete crap.

they claim that Apple wont or cant do it then they fob ya off and tell ya to ring apple to request a unlock code which is bollox ya have to get Meteor to request it for ya ive been asking them to unlock the 4s for a while noe well since i got it in December as they have stupid ****ing sim card problems that are not strong enough to run the 4s or the 4

if i'd a done some research in to it before hand id not of got the 4s from them as its **** with them so i'd advise everyone not to get one off them till they resolve the issue IF they resolve it

any way does the new jailbreak offer a unlock for the 4s does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Same here - was told to ring Apple, when I told them I had already they basically said we are "unable to do it". Have been waiting 2 weeks for a call back from a superviser about this. If I had known this before buying the phone, I would have bought a factory unlocked one from Apple. But I wanted to support Meteor, a company I have been with for years and have never had any issue with. Until now.

Advertisement