Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭blindsider

photo0449y.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Had this for a good few yrs now - i wear it almost every day and never tire of it. I might think about an 'everyday' option though - maybe I wear it too much!

(It's also an excuse to get sth else, but it'll be a much more modest acquisition!) I had spotted the Sottomarino Pilotare and liked to look of it - nice and plain, easy to read and inexpensive....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,239 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

This arrived today - Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military. I was a tiny bit underwhelmed when I opened the box, but love it now it's on the wrist. Everything about it feels really solid.

Glad the watch is great, because the customer service from Steinhart could have been better. Nothing major, but a bit annoying.

7115880907_ded2536791.jpg

6969799826_8d1e660e3d.jpg

6969800048_e247be6fe7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Sunster wrote: »
    which one?

The watch above my original post, the Rolex Submariner

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Eoin wrote: »
    This arrived today - Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military. I was a tiny bit underwhelmed when I opened the box, but love it now it's on the wrist. Everything about it feels really solid.

Glad the watch is great, because the customer service from Steinhart could have been better. Nothing major, but a bit annoying.

Hi Eoin...

What was it that made you underwhelmed? I was the same with mine but it grew on me.

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,239 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Hi Eoin...

What was it that made you underwhelmed? I was the same with mine but it grew on me.

Ah, nothing in particular really. It's a relatively subtle design and it's a pretty normal 42mm size (I like large watches) so that's probably all. As soon as I put it on that was all forgotten and I was very impressed! Really hard to fault the value for money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sunster

Go to the shops and see if any watch near the price bracket that comes close to the build quality of your stein hart with an ETA movement. I think you'd be hard pressed.
    It may be a familiar design (which is maybe why you felt underwhelmed) but it looks great. Congratulations

Faith+1 wrote: »
    The watch above my original post, the Rolex Submariner

That's the Sub C 116610- I traded my Sea Dweller for it

That's the Sub C 116610- I traded my Sea Dweller for it

Yeah it's a beauty. Have 2 Omegas (Speedy and Seamaster) but want a sub to complete my collection. Can you give me a rough guide price please? I'll probably buy second hand as I haven't the funds to buy new but I just don't want to get screwed!

On TZ-UK loved (used) Sub Cs appear to go for around £4500. That was certainly the trade value I got this one for

On TZ-UK loved (used) Sub Cs appear to go for around £4500. That was certainly the trade value I got this one for

Wow, I didn't expect them to be that much. Rolex's price range certainly doesn't match Omega's! :eek:

• Advertisement

Omega is certainly giving Rolex a run for their money by substantially raising their prices too. In my opinion although Omega are better value new, I think Rolex are used as they retain their values better

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

These are my two watches, a Bell and Ross BR123 Heritage and a Longines VHP Perpetual Calendar, love them both. Next watch I'll buy will be a vintage piece I think. Particularly interested in old GP Seahawks and Omega Seamasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Just back from Emily (Watch Repairs Ireland) and running well again

WP_000204%20%28Large%29.jpg

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Yeah it's a beauty. Have 2 Omegas (Speedy and Seamaster) but want a sub to complete my collection. Can you give me a rough guide price please? I'll probably buy second hand as I haven't the funds to buy new but I just don't want to get screwed!

:eek: I could have written that myself!

I got my Speedmaster a few years ago now before the price increases really kicked in. Certainly not tempted at current price levels. I added a pre-owned Bond Seamaster 2531 to it last year. Only watch I would never sell.

I'm also on the lookout for a Sub, a Black Diver (or rather the Black Diver) would make a nice trio. But I'd be looking for ref 14060. Don't care for the superlative chronometer verbiage at all or the Cyclops. I'm thinking €3k to €3.5k for a pre-owned model or am I completely lowballing here? :pac:

foxyboxer wrote: »
    :eek: I could have written that myself!

I got my Speedmaster a few years ago now before the price increases really kicked in. Certainly not tempted at current price levels. I added a pre-owned Bond Seamaster 2531 to it last year. Only watch I would never sell.

I'm also on the lookout for a Sub, a Black Diver (or rather the Black Diver) would make a nice trio. But I'd be looking for ref 14060. Don't care for the superlative chronometer verbiage at all or the Cyclops. I'm thinking €3k to €3.5k for a pre-owned model or am I completely lowballing here? :pac:

You could probably pick up an old tritium dial one without papers and boxes for that money. If it was going to be a keeper then there's no reason why you wouldn't

• Registered Users Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Homer

I picked up an immaculate 14060 ND for in and around that kind of money about 10-12 months ago, complete set but with a price increase since then you'd do well to get a mint boxed one for that money. Keep an eye on TZ and the other usual suspects online but there is currently one on blowers site for 3500 sterling as a guide for a mint boxed example.

Cyrus wrote: »
    Just arrived one q&d better pics tmrw or Sunday

e4914644.jpg

Where did you get this beauty? Feeling the love for one of these

• Registered Users Posts: 19,755 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

TZ-UK Sales corner

freshly serviced at IWC :D

My new PO...:D:D:D

IMG_0364.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Well I picked up my Speedmaster from watchfinder.co.uk over the weekend. Pleasure to deal with. Here are some shots plus in the box with the rest of them.

c7df6f4e.jpg

1a78d575.jpg

3a16a78f.jpg

47637451.jpg

• Advertisement

are those genuine panerais or homages (sorry i cant see clearly with the pics)

If homages who made the panerai Sub a like?

Cyrus wrote: »
    are those genuine panerais or homages (sorry i cant see clearly with the pics)

If homages who made the panerai Sub a like?

Both of those are homage made by Getat. I think the 42mm size is my favourite and most comfortable, I don't think I could pull off the Pamys hence the homage.

Hi

Lovely set, it that your Sturmanskie beside the Speedie?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Lovely collection B,

No brown straps to be seen is my only criticism ;)

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Lovely collection B,

No brown straps to be seen is my only criticism ;)

Yeah I really need to find a suitable watch with the brown strap combo.

Hi

Lovely set, it that your Sturmanskie beside the Speedie?

Yeah. Its also a 42mm along with the Tag Link which is also 42mm.

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Both of those are homage made by Getat. I think the 42mm size is my favourite and most comfortable, I don't think I could pull off the Pamys hence the homage.

whats the water rating like on the getats?

According to their site 50m.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    According to their site 50m.

I have a getat too but I wouldn't chance it near water though. Great watches for the price I have to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Watches with submarines etc on the dial aren't normally my thing ...but in this case I couldn't resist.

Vostok have done a special series of (employee/ merchandising / advertising ?) watches for the Russian shipbuilder SEVMASH.

Of that run, two leftover dials became available and you could choose which case you wanted to have them in.

So today it arrived, the 710 (ministry) case, Sevmash dialled Vostok Amphibia

203084.jpg

Here is where they got the image from, the Sevmash website

203086.JPG

And so that nobody can accuse me of not giving you all the info ...the sub on the dial is the Yury Dolgoruki, Borei class ballistic missile sub (built by Sevmash)
    (The sucessor of the Typhoon class of "Red October" fame)

Be that as it may ...in 20 years time or so, I'll exchange this rare baby for a brandnew Rolex or Omega :D:D:D (or earlier, if this sub goes the way of the KURSK)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement