Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Very elegant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

That is a beautiful watch. Congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sunster

Yet to handle a Grand Seiko in the flesh however that looks stunning. Where did you get this one from?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Reloc8 wrote: »
    Thanks men.

A couple of wrist shots and I'm done until I can find the proper camera :-

That's very smart and subtle.

Has that the Spring Drive movement? Recently handled one of them for the first time, the glide of the seconds hand is mesmerising. Fantastic piece of engineering.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Mat the trasher

pawrick wrote: »
    Been lurking here a long while to get ideas on a watch for myself and actually had that same one in mind but not 100% sure. Anything to note if I do get it or something similar you'd recommend?

Check the bracelet/strap screws to make sure they're tight, lost two after only two weeks wear, they are sending replacements foc (fair play) after a quick email.
    I also like this
    http://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/Aviation-Chronograph,440.html
    was interested in this before the chrono version came
    http://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/APOLLON-automatic,453.html

I was lucky one of my collegues had this, so I got to see the case in the flesh, this put me onto the Apollon, but I was holding off as I had just bought a Sinn, when the Apollon Chrono came out had to have it.
    http://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/PROTEUS-Limited-Editon,326.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

Sunster wrote: »
    Yet to handle a Grand Seiko in the flesh however that looks stunning. Where did you get this one from?

Thanks - I got it from Arizona Fine Time. They don't export Grand Seiko but my fiancee was in the states and we were able to arrange shipping to her hotel. Excellent service from Joe in AZFT and he beat the price of all of the recognised suppliers of JDM watches. He was quite adamant however that he can't export, under the terms of whatever service contract he has with Seiko.
    ronnie3585 wrote: »
    That's very smart and subtle.

Has that the Spring Drive movement? Recently handled one of them for the first time, the glide of the seconds hand is mesmerising. Fantastic piece of engineering.

Cheers. This is in fact a quartz. Seiko 9F calibre - this is what its innards look like :-

i6z68p.jpg

Thermocompensated vacuum sealed quartz, rated to plus/minus 10 seconds per year and should not need servicing for 50 years.

So, in terms of the second hand sweep, well, its kind of the opposite of that :pac:

What I can say about the second hand is that the 'tick' is actually quite mesmerising. I've seen some heavily slowed down footage of the 9F calibre which shows that in fact the second hand makes two motions per second. You can't pick that up with the naked eye, but it makes it look like quite a heavy, deliberate and precise 'tick'.

It looks to be a pretty much perfect dress watch. I have a black leather GS strap and deployant on order and in the meantime I have a spare black croco that I can get it on but the whole package even on the bracelet is still very discrete - I'd be happy to wear it with formal dress as is.

I've been comparing it under a x10 Loupe to my other watches - and it is not a comfortable experience for them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

Am I the only one who can't see any pic of the GS? :(

They're working fine today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

Check the bracelet/strap screws to make sure they're tight, lost two after only two weeks wear, they are sending replacements foc (fair play) after a quick email.

thanks for the very useful info - been looking at seikos mostly but this one caught my eye as something a little different

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Today I'm wearing....

WP_000188%20%28Large%29.jpg

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭atsbury

199434.jpgHeres a picture of my Omega seamaster Planet Ocean

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Got this delivered this morning.
    Wasn't entirely sure on the colour when ordering but I'm really happy with it,looks great. :)

199886.png

Fullsize:
    http://i.pgu.me/M2VGKvkL_original.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Sorry cambo2008, had to take the image tags from your huuuuge photo, but the link is there anyway. Nice watch :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Wibbs wrote: »
    Sorry cambo2008, had to take the image tags from your huuuuge photo, but the link is there anyway. Nice watch :)
    Woah!! Sorry used an iPhone app to upload,no resize option :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

As I said ... I was on holidays :D

199894.JPG
    199896.JPG
    199895.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

First time poster in this section, I normally hang out in the motors forum. Anyway, here are a few pictures of my Omega.

It is a 1962 "Pie-Pan" Constellation. Stainless steel 167.005 case with Cal 551 non-date movement.

DSCF3911.JPG

DSCF3907.JPG

DSCF3909.JPG

DSCF3913.JPG

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

TBH You had me at 1962... :)Damn that's a lovely dial GD.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Thanks Wibbs, in my (probably biased) opinion they are the nicest dial Omega ever produced.

I have recently been thinking of doubling my collection, I would love an old bumper automatic Omega but finding the right one is proving difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

If you ever wish to part with the Pie Pan let me know. :D Gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

What strasp/bracelet is that please and do you have any pictures that include the clasp/buckle?

199895.JPG[/QUOTE]

What strasp/bracelet is that please and do you have any pictures that include the clasp/buckle?

Thats a generic diver type bracelet, rubber/silicone with a cheap but functional stainless steel safety clasp. Available in black, blue or white on the bay for 12.50 ish from different sellers.

I had it on a blue 18 mm one first, but that looked a bit weedy. So now it's on the black 20 mm, slightly notched so that it fits between the 18 mm lugs

• Advertisement

Latest addition ...Vostok Komandirskie (brass, no watertightness rating) ...kitsch as kitsch can :D

Sunrise - sunset ...you decide which side is which

200230.jpg
    200231.jpg
    200232.jpg

@CarltonBrowne
    That's the blue 18mm bracelet recycled

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

A 70's mechanical Pobeda

IMAG0325.jpgIMAG0326.jpgIMAG0327.jpgIMAG0328.jpg

The face is slightly off kilter but for the thirty odd sheets laid out for it it's not a bad addition to my meagre watch collection.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I fully expect (and deserve) to get flamed for this - but I bought an Alpha homage to the Omega Seamaster.

In fact, it's pretty much a rip-off, not even a homage.

90763511.jpg

I've only had it for a few days so far, and for all I know it might fall to pieces very shortly. But so far, I like it and now I know that I'd like a real Seamaster, though it'd have to be the 44mm one, not a 40mm one.

The second hand seems to glide quite nicely - really the only thing I can fault it on is the bezel feels very cheap when it's moved. The strap feels quite nicely made etc.

Like I said, I know it's a rip off, but after getting a Tag Heuer that I thought I'd like and shifting it very quickly when I found out I didn;t, I think this is a good way of trying a style out to see if it's worth saving up for. Worst case, I'm out 70.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Think the only 44m sea masters are chronos Eoin or the 45 mm planet ocean

Cyrus wrote: »
    Think the only 44m sea masters are chronos Eoin or the 45 mm planet ocean

I'll have to do some more research clearly! Or maybe just try and get used to 40mm watches

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭T0mmyM

My first post in the watch forum. Received one of these about a week ago. Very happy with it.

Seiko-5-Military-Automatic-Watch-1.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

T0mmyM wrote: »
    My first post in the watch forum. Received one of these about a week ago. Very happy with it.
    Welcome to the forum, great choice

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭T0mmyM

Thanks for the welcome MiCr0!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

What I'm wearing today

SpjX8.jpg

The back

dZCAG.jpg

and a wristshot

0ORYl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

these two arrived on friday morning as i was about to go to hospital for a blood test, well something went ascrew which meant that i was detained until today, i have just un packed them so here they are, a rather nice pocket watch, the case is oval shape unlike most pocket watch cases, flawless dial and crystal, it is a private label longines circa 1902, the other a rather blingy tag, all 18ct plated, actually the deployment is heavy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement