Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Out for a charge in the bright weather

Citizen 'Orca'

WP_000210%20%282%29%20%28Large%29.jpg

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

Good man, I used to have one of these on rubber and they really are a fabulous watch for the money. I got rid of mine because I didn't like the rubber strap and wasn't into bracelets at the time; how times have changed. If I see one at the right price I just know I'm going to buy it.

I got rid of mine because I didn't like the rubber strap and wasn't into bracelets at the time;

LOL yea I got it originally with the rubber strap and wasn't mad about it.

I got the bracelet a while ago and it's getting a lot more wrist time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

That's interesting; I had read that the two models aren't interchangeable and that you can't fit a bracelet on the rubber model. Somebody was obviously talking bo;;ox on the internet; shurely shome mishtake?

Interesting...the only thing I came across was the black faced model never came ex-factory with a bracelet and its case was a slightly different 'shade' to the blue so the bracelet didn't exactly match.(Could be a load of tosh too)

That said it was one of the fiddliest bracelets I ever changed !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭MrSparkle

Terrible picture but this is the collection at the moment.

Top Row:
    GShock GX56-1A
    Seiko Velatura Kinetic SRH005
    Breitling Super Avenger BlackSteel
    Seiko SNZH51J1 Yobokies Fifty Five Fathoms Mod
    Getat Marina Militare

Bottom Row:
    Seiko Orange Monster
    Fossil
    Fossil
    Fossil
    Lum-Tec A14

20120523_225509.jpg?t=1337857101

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

lum-tec's are high in my appreciation at the moment

MiCr0 wrote: »
    lum-tec's are high in my appreciation at the moment

They do have some nice models available and the lume on them is great. If you go to their website and move your mouse over any of the watches you can see what the lume looks like.

This one was an impulse buy as I found a nice discount code for it one evening but I'm very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

@MrSparkle Lovely collection you have there... do you mind me asking where did you buy the watch case?, how much was it? My modest collection of 5 watches has out grown my current case which only holds 3 watches. I would like a case similar to yours as I would intend to buy more watches in the future...

enviro wrote: »
    @MrSparkle Lovely collection you have there... do you mind me asking where did you buy the watch case?, how much was it? My modest collection of 5 watches has out grown my current case which only holds 3 watches. I would like a case similar to yours as I would intend to buy more watches in the future...

Thanks enviro.
    I got the case here:
    http://uk.wolfdesigns.com/watch-boxes

It came to about €150 I think it was but it was well worth it, the pictures don't really so the case justice.

I picked the Wolf Designs one as it handles larger watches and I really liked the design of the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

MrSparkle wrote: »
    I picked the Wolf Designs one as it handles larger watches and I really liked the design of the case.

Thanks, I had a look at their selection and the cases do seem very nice.

Also a capacity of 10 will keep me going for a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

enviro wrote: »
    Also a capacity of 10 will keep me going for a long time.
    I'd need at least two of them already... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Long time lurker. Watch is a Cuervo y Sobrinos Robusto.

2nuki9z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Current collection, my watch box obviously needs replacing, and as soon as there are no more watches I want to buy I will :D

CwqpM.jpg

Back Row right to left: Orange Monster, Orient CFT00004B, Maurice Lacroix Miros Diver, Seiko 5 sports Military, Steinhart Vintage Red and Glycine Stratoforte

Front row right to left: Stowa Fleiger 2801, Stowa Icarus, Stowa Marine Original, Orient worldtime CFA05002B, CASIO G shock GW-S5600B-1JF and Oris Williams 2008 day date.

The bottom layer:

OZtcD.jpg
    Left to Right: Seiko 5, Rotary, Seiko 5 sports and Casio G-Shock GW-M850-1ER

Closer look at the top row

l0TbH.jpg

WuzEX.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Which of the Stowa Fliegers do you prefer?

Which of the Stowa Fliegers do you prefer?

I'd say I love them both equally, but if a gun was put to my head I would pick the Icarus by a hair.

Edit: TBF a lot of that may come down to the strap, I love the soft supple leather of the regular strap, the alligator is a bit stiffer, I also got it with the deployment which I probably wouldn't do again, at least not on something like a fleiger the daintyness doesn't really suit.

The alligator does look great though, that's why I also have one on the MO, but I feel it's suited to that more. I have a B dial handwind on order and I'll be going with the regular strap for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

New arrival, custom built by meranom (dial and bezel don't normally come with this case ...I had to ask nicely ;)) Strap from the watchbandcenter

721405d1338222201-prophet-goes-mountain-thank-you-meranom-champagne-002-large-.jpg

721402d1338222201-prophet-goes-mountain-thank-you-meranom-champagne-012-large-.jpg

721403d1338222201-prophet-goes-mountain-thank-you-meranom-champagne-007-large-.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Don't think I've posted all of these so far, so here's my modest collection in its Lidl teabox.

Top row from left:
    Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military (love this one)
    Mercedes Benz promotional watch with ceramic bracelet
    Casio Edifice
    Alpha automatic Seamaster knock-off on cheapo eBay leather strap

Bottom row from left:
    Sottomarino diver
    Seiko Chrono
    Moscow Classic with manual Molnija movement
    Seiko Chrono

7298103058_eeef4cc7f7_c.jpg

Don't know what's next - there's not a huge amount I like in the price range I'm willing to pay.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

Well it's finally arrived.

ahzjLl.jpg

Url to the huge picture http://i.imgur.com/ahzjL.jpg

The strap didn't survive the trip, but I was going to get a new one anyhow.
    Any suggestions?

MiCr0 wrote: »
    Any suggestions?

Re-size the picture? :D

• Advertisement

Uppz stupid mobile upload.
    I've replaced by inline image with a link

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Lovely watch! One of those is on my shortlist for sure.

So any suggestions on a strap? I've got enough SS brackets, so I'm thinking of a black rubber/silicone.
    Someone posted a lovely rubber strap a few weeks ago, I think it was on a PO or a similar Tag. It had a tire thread design.

I've got this one http://www.watch-band-center.com/watchstrap-p8373h304s313-Watch-band-Atlantis-.html (in blue camouflage pattern :D) and it's great quality for the price. Can't find a black one at the moment ...you'd also need to give us the lug width to be of assistance.

(Tire thread pattern can be a bit "skanger me banger" IMO)

i think it was something like this
    0506_377806.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Was it Cyrus, had it on a Tag F1 Gulf, looks good in my opinion, less weight too
    TAG-Heuer-F1-Gulf-men-watch.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Reckon you should probably go for one without Tag written on it though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Oris TT strap, Chopard Mille Miglia all have tyre style rubber straps.

Seiko Spork arrived yesterday. Kinda kicking myself, I could have bought this online for far below retail if I'd known they were going to stop making them, they're getting rare now (new) but my local Earnest Jones sent one over from England for me

8N5kh.jpg

It's a pretty big case

xJhT0.jpg

The lume is as amazing as you'd expect from Seiko

IKozv.jpg

and wrist shot

i8715.jpg

I have a sapphire crystal being sent over by yobokies that should hopefully arrive Monday and my local watchmaker said he'd put it in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

Got the black one a few weeks ago...Just got the Orange one.
    Great watch for the money:D

989jGl.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement