Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Like thirdfox posted there are various options depending on the dial, display caseback, etc. the price can vary from about €150 (excluding VAT) from Aliexpress, to €190 at Uniquewatches in Netherlands (inc. VAT) for basic without display or more for extras, to HKED in Hong Kong where you get his 'original design' dial for €270 excl. VAT for €270.

Or you might get a 'pre-loved' one from someone here or adverts.ie for a bit less.
    Research the watch first so you know what you're getting, hand winding not self winding, history of watch, etc.

They're not available in bricks & mortar watch shops in Ireland.

Edit: Mine originally came from Watchunique and someone who didn't love the red writing on the display case back obviously polished it off with some polywatch paste.

Even a sugar cube works great for rubbing off the text! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,260 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

dudeeile wrote: »
    That's a stunning watch, how much should I expect to pay for one of these?

They're a really nice watch for the price. Cool design.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,616 ✭✭✭✭banie01

My "good luck" charm watch is on the wrist for today.
    Not that luck was going to alter the transcript or results ;)

The academic results went well, now awaiting a phonecall on some medical bits and it will be job done for this one again until next term/scan/emergency :)

VpGvzKZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭micks_address

After I ordered the Stowa Fleiger which is yet to ship i started to think about the Stowa marine I parted with last year.

Came across this one on eBay and put in a offer I thought might be refused but was accepted.

It's a 2008 manual wind Unitas 6498 movement. Bought Friday arrived today from Uk.

Love it.. some hairline scratches but nothing worth talking about

IMG-20200706-135810.jpg
    IMG-20200706-135808.jpg
    IMG-20200706-135801.jpg
    IMG-20200706-135500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭dakar

519086.jpeg

When someone posts about Seiko divers on adverts and you figure you’re safe enough because you have the Seiko diver you want but you accidentally come away with a ‘Gimlet’ Cocktail Time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

dakar wrote: »
    When someone posts about Seiko divers on adverts and you figure you’re safe enough because you have the Seiko diver you want but you accidentally come away with a ‘Golden Champagne’ Cocktail Time...

But I don't drink cocktails.

Me neither, but Seiko haven’t branched out into ‘Creamy Pint of Guinness Time’ or ‘Independent Irish Brewery IPA Time’ lines yet, so I’m working with what they’ve got... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

After I ordered the Stowa Fleiger which is yet to ship i started to think about the Stowa marine I parted with last year.

Came across this one on eBay and put in a offer I thought might be refused but was accepted.

It's a 2008 manual wind Unitas 6498 movement. Bought Friday arrived today from Uk.

Love it.. some hairline scratches but nothing worth talking about

Beautiful piece, what’s the ballpark on these? Hard enough to come by. Dibs on sloppy seconds

0dYxGSq.jpg

Found this in a drawer. Genuinely thought I had sold it on a couple of years ago, after I got the original capacitator replaced. Forgot how good these are. So comfortable and nice proportions for a big watch. Face, hands, dial - nothing to write home about, perhaps (although great lume), but a serious chunk of metal if you like a solid diver. Lovely bezel action too. The overall quality punches way above the price point.

Looks great on the (very good) OEM rubber strap too.

david wrote: »
    Beautiful piece, what’s the ballpark on these? Hard enough to come by. Dibs on sloppy seconds

Was listed at 850 pounds. Got a bit cheaper than that.

Will let you know if I move on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dinorebel

dakar wrote: »
    Me neither, but Seiko haven’t branched out into ‘Creamy Pint of Guinness Time’ or ‘Independent Irish Brewery IPA Time’ lines yet, so I’m working with what they’ve got... ;)
    Just be sure not to Google 'Golden Champagne':eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,616 ✭✭✭✭banie01

dinorebel wrote: »

Sounds like Trump's favourite cocktail ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Was listed at 850 pounds. Got a bit cheaper than that.

Will let you know if I move on

Sound thanks! What size is it? Always had my eye on a 39 Antea but I hear they wear big. Gutted I missed the Stowa flash sale. Best of luck with this and the Flieger, 2 amazing watches.

dinorebel wrote: »

Not sure where the golden champagne name came from, actually. It turned up in a couple of reviews when I googled the model no. SRPC99J1

Seiko’s own site refers to it as the Gimlet (a gin and lime cocktail). Still prefer a pint...

Today I went for something entirely different to yesterday's BFK.

nfhtVmM.jpg

Little more distance to show how it sits on the wrist

4BClqK1.jpg

If you zoom in on the pics you can see some of the detail in the finishing. For example, in the power reserve you have some scalloping, in the lines running around the western edge, and the concentric part-circles. You can also see the bevelled edges on the indices and hands. These complicated facets are what tends to make GS the right kind of shiny, reflecting so much light off so many different angles as they do.

Just like this (which I cut from the first or second pic above)

FapFGfR.jpg

Bear in mind these pics are taken indoors on my phone. I havn't edited them apart from zooming in the third one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,249 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

drool

david wrote: »
    Sound thanks! What size is it? Always had my eye on a 39 Antea but I hear they wear big. Gutted I missed the Stowa flash sale. Best of luck with this and the Flieger, 2 amazing watches.

It's 41mm size seems perfect on my 7.25 wrist. Brown stowa strap is quite nice to. Yeah I bought the fleiger in the flash sale... it's nearly new stock but still at half price couldnt resist. Still waiting for it to ship

• Registered Users Posts: 14,260 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Amazing watch. The dial is unique. Love the whole GS range, the SBGH267 hi beat with the GS swirl dial is stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

That GS is stunning, I'd love to own a Snowflake some day.

Have you had it serviced yet? I've heard the Spring Drive service costs can be a little on the high side. Does the watch have to go back to Japan?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

New strap arrived today. Was pleasantly surprised, genuine leather for £15 including delivery from Amazon.
    C7LSqv5
    Y8tSP90

For some reason I can't embed images, maybe somebody could assist?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Cassius99

I had a hankering the last while for a Seiko Tuna, but I couldn't justify the price tags.

Had heard good things about San Martin and so took the plunge...

519297.jpg

At first I was a little disappointed that I hadnt gone for the ceramic or all metal bezels (sold out unfortunately), but have to say I'm really liking this.

Big, solid and feels really well put together. I'm impressed so far...

(Just seen tedpan's message about having problems embedding, good to see I'm not alone, thought I was going crazy)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,249 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Cienciano wrote: »
    Amazing watch. The dial is unique. Love the whole GS range, the SBGH267 hi beat with the GS swirl dial is stunning.

The dial is amazing - easy to overlook the finishing on the hands, which looks superb as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

that Apollon chrono is cool tedpan, how does it wear? Weight etc? It's a mighty chunk.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

that Apollon chrono is cool tedpan, how does it wear? Weight etc? It's a mighty chunk.

Yeah it's my daily driver, had it almost four years now and keeps excellent time, I'm a fan of chronographs. Definitely a chunky watch(a bit like it's owner!) and at 150 grams it's not light, took a month or two to get used to it, now I don't even notice it on my wrist. The interchangeable bezels really sold me on the watch, it can pretty much be worn with anything, changing the strap is also simple with it's big lug bolts. I can't really say much bad about it to be honest, it's very reliable, the domed crystal seems bullet proof as it's been bashed a lot and always came out unscathed.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

fOMmMH6l.jpg

New (to me) Seiko Samurai.

It is a lovely watch, but I have an itch for the orange version of it, so if I see one I might flip this one for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,919 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I have to say the samurai is a handsome diver

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭Ryath

New shoes! Seiko Samurai on a navy Crafter Blue strap. Very good quality rubber really like the metal keeper.

519337.jpg

519338.jpg

Perfect strap for that watch

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭RMDrive

The strap-game has been strong on the forum recently. Some great looks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Ryath wrote: »
    New shoes! Seiko Samurai on a navy Crafter Blue strap. Very good quality rubber really like the metal keeper.

Nice textured dial on the Samurai Ryath. Any link to where you got the strap?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement