Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭893bet

Yes. He actually won this in Weirs when they were launching their GS line.....lucky man.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭micks_address

893bet wrote: »
    Yes. He actually won this in Weirs when they were launching their GS line.....lucky man.

Lucky indeed.. I quite fancy some of quartz models

https://www.grand-seiko.com/global-en/collections/sbgn003g

Never tried one on but would love to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

That GS GMT is a fine looking thing, heftiness aside. I tried on a Snowflake before in Weir's and was very impressed, perfect size, lovely finish and that dial...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

I've lived in Dublin all my life but never been inside the door of Weirs.

Edit: but I have been up Nelson's Pillar.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

New to me, Seiko King turtle STO, ticks a lot of boxes, ceramic bezel, sapphire crystal, crown at 4 and drilled lugs.

Love the blue lume, but at first the end of the strap was too long and was catching the steering wheel. Then I realized the stainless keeper can slide along the strap, so all good. First time having a cyclops magnifier for the day and date, but I'm getting old.

Will set the day and date tomorrow:D

518419.jpg

518420.jpg

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Picked up a Nomos Ahoi from 893Bet two or three weeks ago. I've always had a Nomos on the wanted list and this was a perfect opportunity to add to the collection.

Never liked Nato straps so I changed it for an original Nomos leather although going against the diving / swimming theme of the Ahoi. None of my watches ever see more action than the side of the bath anyway.

A quick polish and new Nomos clasp and here it is.

518459.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 65,147 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Stunning watch. Real class.

You can still swim / dive with a leather strap, but expect to have to replace it every 1-2 years. Not the end of the world imho. I ruined a good Hirsch strap that way :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

unkel wrote: »
    Stunning watch. Real class.

You can still swim / dive with a leather strap, but expect to have to replace it every 1-2 years. Not the end of the world imho. I ruined a good Hirsch strap that way :p

:eek::eek::eek: - there are rubberised leather straps (and ones with coatings too) - but really not recommended to swim or dive with one.

https://www.hirschstraps.com/products/hirsch-mariner-water-resistant-leather-watch-strap-in-gold-brown - would be an example.

Going swimming/diving? I recommend a nice natural rubber strap (not silicone).

Sellers regret is the weight I have to carry....

What do these go for second hand if you guys don't mind me asking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DOC40

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Postman had a little Russian number for me yesterday. Binned the tin cheap bracelet that came with it but the watch itself is a serious bit of kit for the money.

Just wondering what website you ordered from? Im looking to purchase and getting a lot sponsored sites coming up on FB (obviously as I'm looking) but have no idea if they're decent quality or pure scrap. Trendhim seems to be one thats showing often.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

What do these go for second hand if you guys don't mind me asking?

Paid €1550 or so, the strap and the clasp from Nomos ran another €160.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

Made a bid on eBay for 14 pounds out of the blue thinking that at least someone will bid 15.
    No one outbid me and now I have another Casio:
    518473.jpg

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 14,260 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Made a bid on eBay for 14 pounds out of the blue thinking that at least someone will bid 15.
    No one outbid me and now I have another Casio:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=518473&stc=1&d=1593613779

Tom

IT's a nice casio in fairness

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Postman had a little Russian number for me yesterday. Binned the tin cheap bracelet that came with it but the watch itself is a serious bit of kit for the money.

Tried a few different straps on but it actually goes well with most colours.

All for €75 delivered (5 weeks)

SNIP.

Hi, sorry to bother you. What website did you purchase this from? I'am a bit dodgy about some of the websites that keep popping up on my phone.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I promise I'll get my embedding game going.

Lockdown purchase, took about a month and a half. Quirky little number. Paid €3 extra for non-crappy strap and sure they also threw in a black one. Very comfortable altogether.

518635.jpg

DOC40 wrote: »
    Hi, sorry to bother you. What website did you purchase this from? I'am a bit dodgy about some of the websites that keep popping up on my phone.

Cheers

What's up DOC40?

Presumably this site, have bought 2 myself, latest arrived today (see above)

Perfectly legit:

https://meranom.com/en/amphibian-classic/

Birneybau wrote: »
    What's up DOC40?

Presumably this site, have bought 2 myself, latest arrived today (see above)

Perfectly legit:

https://meranom.com/en/amphibian-classic/

Great stuff so..What do you think of some these other sites, Trendhim etc that come up, Would they be pure scrap?

DOC40 wrote: »
    Great stuff so..What do you think of some these other sites, Trendhim etc that come up, Would they be pure scrap?

No idea, I'd stick with the above all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

I've had a 100% success rate with Meranom.com. I had to return one watch which they fixed no problem. The only downside is the amount of time it takes to ship.

I've bought 15+ watches from them.

• Advertisement

15+ though...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,919 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

big day for the parish here :D

quY4ufl.jpg

6jDXoB3.jpg

zjiXRiy.jpg

OvCNeHx.jpg

Birneybau wrote: »
    15+ though...:eek:

It must be peasant's new boards account :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,249 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

It must be peasant's new boards account :D

The only guy I know who counted his watches by the barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Cyrus wrote: »
    big day for the parish here :D

Thats class. Im a massive fan of the Overseas. Is this your first VC ? What are your impressions of it so far ?

Thats class. Im a massive fan of the Overseas. Is this your first VC ? What are your impressions of it so far ?

Yes first one , have had a few near misses on the Chrono down the last two years but was in the right place at the right time for this one .

It’s class , wears very very nicely , perfect thickness and size super comfy.

Was serviced sept 19 at a cost of 960 quid !!!

This variant of the model doesn’t normally come on the bracelet but the chap had it sourced , works well on it but the gator looks good as well!

Jesus just changed the bracelet to the alligator strap

It’s not for the faint hearted very tiny screws everywhere

Won’t be doing that too often !

Cyrus wrote: »
    Jesus just changed the bracelet to the alligator strap

It’s not for the faint hearted very tiny screws everywhere

Won’t be doing that too often !

Pic?

Is there rubber strap also?

893bet wrote: »
    Pic?

Is there rubber strap also?

I’ll take a pic tmrw, this watch comes with rubber and alligator strap from new, the bracelet was added by the original owner afterwards . Both straps are pretty much unworn I can see why now changing is a faff !

• Advertisement

Does it wear like the 42mm it is?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement