Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Wibbs wrote: »
    Separated at birth Sir, separated at birth :)

And another...Love uncluttered, clean faces like this

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

Dont know too much about it, all i know is that I seen it in Turkey and wated it, and at a fairly cheap price too! (feel free to tell me the info on it :p)
    042.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Well if it's genuine it must have cost a few thousand.

Here is some info: http://www.gemnation.com/watches/Bulgari-Diagono-Calibro-303-DG42C14SWGSDCH-8062.html

• Registered Users Posts: 18 trapperdee

can anyone give me any info on this.
    is it worth keeping, will it gain in value or has it lost value.
    i bought it in 2008 new and never wore it.
    i can't get any info on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

bedlam wrote: »
    All the info you need is on the dial :) It's a Tag Heuer Aquaracer (Lewis Hamilton Limited Edition). Model: CAF7114.BA0803. A limited edition of 3500.

The bad news is it's probably unlikely to gain in value. Despite being a limited edition, 3500 is not very limited, it looks to have had an RRP of $2500 and one ebay sale shows them going for $1600 as of October 2011.

If you have not worn it since you got it, I'd be inclined to sell it on and put the money towards something else that might get use.

Alternatively you could hold off for a while, in the hope that he wins a few races next season, that might help it's value :D:D:D

Sorry couldn't resist:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 trapperdee

ha ha, i was open to that.
    i was afraid to wear it all this time,
    i might aswell stick it on my wrist and show it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Masi

My 2 Omegas;
    Have the Seamaster 10 years now, great watch.

The Deville is 2 years old now, a bit more delicate so only gets worn once in a while....

184829.png

184827.png

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

Got this a few years back because I just wanted a Tag:o ...not really gone on it now, might change it when I get a few bob together...

show.php?i=PUSH450e3b0821af.jpg

show.php?i=PUSHfda1a73bc43d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

IMG-20111110-00041.jpg
    IMG-20110929-00065.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Anjobe

Love the VC dual time - now that is a serious watch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

And so she arrived today, well pleased with it. Feels alot more heavy/solid that I imagined. Excuse the phone pics

8vq78l.jpg

219ubnk.jpg

15zmsk1.jpg

Will get strap adjusted in time for Christmas. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Sorry ST tried to sort your pics but they no work kemo sabe. Psst, Newbs. :D We want pics Goddammit!.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Cheers Wibbs, should be sorted there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

I finally got a wrist shot of my Seamaster Pro. Apologies for the quality, but I'm stuck with my phone at the moment.

2011-12-17155442.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Latest Acquisition

Screenshot2011-12-17at161958.png

Screenshot2011-12-17at162028.png

Screenshot2011-12-17at162041.png

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Doc Daneeka

Really like the look of that Torgoen.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Doc Daneeka

My SKX007 with recently fitted Super Oyster bracelet.

185566.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

gerfmurphy wrote: »
    IMG-20111110-00041.jpg
    Oh the horror; you can't wear that with jeans :eek:. On reflection you can do whatever you want with that particularly serious piece of horology; I think the expression rhymes with clucking bell. The Panerai's not too shabby either; is it a 233?

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Here are a couple of pics of one of my latest arrivals
    This is a 1980 CWC "no circle" G10 "Fatboy" and its also my Birth Year which is nice. I picked the watch up on TZ-UK for a good price. I teamed it up with a brown leather nato and I think it works well. Let me know what you think.....

zko9ko.jpg

wss2oh.jpg

35mmc2h.jpg

2w2om6p.jpg

Having tried on Homer's PAM 000 and Sparrowcar's Getat Pam Hommage I decided to get one for myself. Sparrowcar's watch has a PVD coating but I went for a brushed finish on mine. This arrived from Hong Kong today. And Im really liking it so far.

2hhmxlk.jpg

2jbark.jpg

2rvzurd.jpg

jhpshv.jpg

2cfa51x.jpg

iqbmeh.jpg

buv5.jpg

2vl4lc9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Looks class MB, nice strap. Mine wasn't of that quality, what type of strap is it?

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Looks class MB, nice strap. Mine wasn't of that quality, what type of strap is it?
    It's just the brown leather strap that came with it. It's not great quality so I'll probably pick up a good one sometime it the future. It will do for now though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Two new additions - the Casio edifice was from my wife and the Seiko chrono from my dad.

6570087723_3cfbcddd9f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Just to update my thread about Christmas watches

img20111225203522935932.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Decided to share. Pretty humble collection compared to what some of you guys have!

Top Left:Seiko Monster (SKX779).
    Auto movement. no hacking or winding.
    Fairly affordable automatic watch. No frills but built to last and looks awesome!

Top Right:Seiko Alpinist (SARB059).
    Auto movement. Hacking & winding
    Outside of a grand seiko this is about as awesome as they get. The face is dark dark green, just lovely. Has the 6r19 movement which is lovely. Prob my fav. Doesnt get nearly enough wear as im afraid of damaging it.

Bottom Left: Seiko Cesar (SNDA13)
    Quartz Diver.
    BIG WATCH! Not a fan of quartz but got this at a good deal. its very substantial, and looks awesome. gets noticed more than most of my (IMO) better Automatic watches.

Bottom Right: Seiko SKXA35 Diver
    Auto Movement. No hacking or winding.
    Just got this one recently ( found it online at a great price and couldnt refuse). Currently my daily watch, although im sure that will change next week. got a mesh bracelet for it but it ended up not suiting it so left it on the jubilee bracelet. unbelieveable watch for the money. Unbelieveable watch regardless.

6630193877_d5769d8a03_b.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Very nice - you certainly have a "type"! Not that I can talk with my "sub-dial-itus" as peasant calls it.

Love the bottom right one in particular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

That seiko monster is growing on me. It's big and ugly but in a good way.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭MrSparkle

flanzer wrote: »
    Treated myself with an early Christmas present. Not too keen on the brown strap. May have to order the black version

Seiko SRH011

Nice choice. I have this one Velatura SRH005.
    IMAG0355.jpg?t=1325698736

The build quality is very good on these Velatura's. The case back has a cool design also.

I received my Getat about 6 months ago but forgot to post it, it's almost the exact same as yours Mitch. Great watch for the price you're paying for it.

I think my choice of blue hands on brown dial was a bit misjudged but still I'm happy with it. Also being a handwound is a bit of a pain when you've many watches to wear.

IMAG0356.jpg?t=1325698813

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭Homer

MrSparkle wrote: »
    Also being a handwound is a bit of a pain when you've many watches to wear.

My biggest bugbear with the PAM000.. I'll forget to wind it when I put it on, and while there is still power in reserve, it will stop running while I'm wearing it and I get caught out looking at the wrong time :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Handy-windy, no date ...that's the easiest really ...just set, wind and go and then put back and forget until next time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement