Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Got a bond style nato strap for the vostok I won in the give away thread and I'm loving it!

LVzSPUhl.jpg

Thanks again Birneybau!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭micks_address

The Bulova is lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

The Bulova is lovely

It was shipped this morning so I'll get some pics up when it gets here.

There's a lovely looking maroon to black fade on the dial I'm watching at the minute too. I'll not bid on that one but interested to see how much it goes for.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Pablo_Flox wrote: »
    Got a bond style nato strap for the vostok I won in the give away thread and I'm loving it!

Thanks again Birneybau!

No worries, hope you threw the original strap out, right hair puller!

Casio Duro

IMG-20200211-125726.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I'm sure the skilled photography and editing is flattering but nevertheless that casio is lovely!

fat bloke wrote: »
    I'm sure the skilled photography and editing is flattering but nevertheless that casio is lovely!

Aye, the editing helps a lot in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Ryath

hitemfrank wrote: »

Is that the older model with the black dial and blue bezel? Seems hard get. I've been tempted by the all black one a few times. Looks to be a new all blue one

Makes a great beater watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

502559.jpg

Ryath wrote: »
    Is that the older model with the black dial and blue bezel? Seems hard get. I've been tempted by the all black one a few times. Looks to be a new all blue one

It was a black dial black bezel ones. I just swapped out the bezel insert as I couldn't find the blue version anywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,228 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Ryath wrote: »
    You hear about people in the states getting the black MDV106 for $30 or $40 in Walmart. Unreal value.

It's more like €70 or €80 over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Ryath

You hear about people in the states getting the black MDV106 for $30 or $40 in Walmart. Unreal value.

It's more like €70 or €80 over here.

It's gone up a good bit in price used to just be £40 to 45 on amazon uk it's £90 now! Can get it from amazon .com for $68 ~€61 with duty paid.

I got mine for £60 from amazon last June ish after it was up around £80 before that

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Cienciano wrote: »
    Very nice. Did you just buy it?

Thanks, Got it off eBay a few years back and hasn’t been worn much, took it out today to give it a wind and put it up on adverts but I changed my mind after a few minutes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

It was shipped this morning so I'll get some pics up when it gets here.

There's a lovely looking maroon to black fade on the dial I'm watching at the minute too. I'll not bid on that one but interested to see how much it goes for.

I was in the horology section of the Deutschs museum this afternoon , they had a small display of wristwatches and sure enough it had an accutron spaceview in a cushion case. I put mine up to my ear for the hum.

Lovely looking watch, wear well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

Bought a few cheap watches in my time but I'm truly blown away by the build quality of these two I got recently. Click the picture for prices

502581.jpg

502582.jpg

I've bought watches based on these reviews and I think these one are higher quality.

How do the 'diamonds' on the second one actually look?

There was a Cadisen I was thinking of picking up ages ago (after I gave my dad my other Cadisen) that had one of those diamonds at 12 and it really put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

How do the 'diamonds' on the second one actually look?

If anything they are more subdued than the picture .. if you look at reviews of the watches some will have pictures of them on the wrist

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Got this as a Christmas present from the in-laws and wearing it today. Not something I would have bought myself, but fun piece for Casual Friday!

xpBFNX0l.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

I actually like the look of that :)

EDIT: and it is actually wood..thats brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Pablo_Flox wrote: »
    Got this as a Christmas present from the in-laws and wearing it today. Not something I would have bought myself, but fun piece for Casual Friday!

The day indicator is cool, don't think I've seen that method before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭Daemonic

This arrived yesterday.

502872.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭tobdom

Out of a modest enough selection, this one tends to see a lot of wrist time.....
    502873.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 64,847 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Very grown up! I like the 24h one hand complication. Why doesn't it say Vostok on the dial anywhere though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

tobdom wrote: »
    Out of a modest enough selection, this one tends to see a lot of wrist time.....
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=502873&d=1581695030

Oh I like that. I think on the black and orange striped nato strap from Getkota would be really be my cuppa tea. ....your tempting me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,493 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Daemonic wrote: »
    This arrived yesterday.

SNIP

That I like!
    Between that and kinglizards GMTs I'm drooling :)

It seems to have been a day of deliveries!

My HKEd Bund V3 has finally arrived! :D
    I bloody love it, it's absolutely mint!
    Also came with a lovely 5 slot travel roll too, that was an unexpected bonus.

502890.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Very very nice B. Looks the absolute spit of the Heuer. Which was a Leonidas design(they bought the company to get it), copied from a standard for pilots watches going back to WW2.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »
    Very very nice B. Looks the absolute spit of the Heuer. Which was a Leonidas design(they bought the company to get it), copied from a standard for pilots watches going back to WW2.

As you know from my drooling after your Heuer ;)
    It's been a grail of mine for quite a while.
    I've only had this for 2 hrs and it's already convinced me that should the opportunity ever come my way to pick one up for a reasonable price I'll definitely buy 1!

The watch wears an awful lot smaller than I expected it too aswell!
    Another thing you were right about ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement