Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Absolute class TBL. Need more IWC around these parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

I take it apple watches are a no no?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Not for me anyway GG. I'm just waiting until they become "old" and then I'll buy one for feck all. It's how I've got all my iPhones a year behind for feck all. But yea I'd like an Apple iWatch at some stage. Just as a watch. I get enough "updates/alerts" from my phone, sod adding to it.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

Komandirskie 50th Anniversary arrived today!

371298.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

I haven't posted a photo of my (now only) watch in a while, so figured I'd polish it up a bit and spend a few minutes seeing what I could do with a camera phone. It's a Datejust II black dial, plain bezel. I sometimes wonder if the fluted bezel would have been better, but this this is perfectly fine.

2015-12-13%2018.31.27_zps211ucqw5.jpg

2015-12-13%2018.30.19_zpsxww805mh.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The more I see your watch the more I like it TBH. The fluted bezel, yea part of me likes how it breaks up the bezel, but a bigger part of me thinks it looks too "generic Rolex". Yours is still Rolex DNA down to the last screw but it looks more unique. Yep I'm liking that watch alright.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    The more I see your watch the more I like it TBH. The fluted bezel, yea part of me likes how it breaks up the bezel, but a bigger part of me thinks it looks too "generic Rolex". Yours is still Rolex DNA down to the last screw but it looks more unique. Yep I'm liking that watch alright.

Yep - this is definitely of the 'less is more' school of watch design and thought. It's very simple, and what I would call handsome, if handsome is an appropriate word for a watch. The champagne (?) face is lovely on this watch too: I saw one in the window of Hartmann's in Galway yesterday.

I might have a look at a bezeled version at some stage. Just to compare, like...

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

Don't see many of these around, simple clean dial.
    Nomos orion even more elegant in black and white.

oTaVgc8.jpg
    Can't embed pic �� I give up

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

Love Nomos. Great design, and you dont see many about.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

2 recent additions thanks to boards, the Seiko arrived today, no hassle with customs from Massdrop

3eKauq3h.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

New arrival, bought from Japan last Wednesday and arrived to my door on Monday via FedEx (sans any import duty), took a couple of links off it and set it up this evening and I'm very impressed with it :-)

372475.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

New arrival, bought from Japan last Wednesday and arrived to my door on Monday via FedEx (sans any import duty), took a couple of links off it and set it up this evening and I'm very impressed with it :-)

If you decide to change the bracelet to a strap, let me know. I'm looking for a bracelet for my GWM5610.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

IMG_20151224_113652_zpszn67ryra.jpg

My most recent addition. I LOVE this watch. Best real world performance over anything else I own.
    Casio G-Shock MR-G G1000 Titanium GPS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

A Christmas treat to myself.

005C6FA1-4602-434F-8DA4-34AC2225875E_zpsqghdbuln.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

While I know this may be met with a "Kill the heretic" response, here's my treat to myself for landing a PhD scholarship

mjc1VYH.jpg

zVuay7V.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Congrats Dr!

I think they're pretty cool watches too.

+1. When they go "obsolete" and come onto the market in any sort of numbers and at my cheaparse pricing I'm so getting one and just using it as a watch. That is, if they follow the iPhone trajectory. They may not.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭td2008

Posted this a few months ago and finally got around to justifying it :pac: (first proper watch)

IMG_20151226_144134.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Ionised

Handily arrived a few days before xmas so I could justify it for myself as early present.

Next to my monster as size comparison

23811334755_d58a2702bd_z.jpg

The full kit as delivered

23760690801_49141fb851_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

New arrival just before Christmas. I've been a busy boy with the arrival of a mini me the last week in November so this is the first chance I've had to post a pic.

Steinhart ocean one black with ceramic bezel. Researched this for ages and delighted with my choice. Delivery was super quick from Payment to door in 8 days (6 working days). It's a fantastic watch for the money.

IMG_7548.jpg
    image upload no size limit
    IMG_7549.jpg
    uploading pictures
    IMG_7550.jpg
    upload an image
    IMG_7551.jpg
    photo hosting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

And then out of nowhere as a Christmas/Late wedding/Birth of our boy present from the wife... When I say my jaw hit the floor :D:eek:

A Speedy pro moon 3570.50 :)

IMG_7612.jpg
    images hosting
    IMG_7616.jpg
    image upload no ads

Sparrowcar - a lovely watch. Highly recommended; you're a lucky man with both wife and watch.

I sold mine last year, but thanks to Deep Thought, as of last week I'm back on the Speed, so to speak:

2015-12-28%2015.00.41_zpslgtoiene.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Two great watches Sparrowcar. Welcome to the speedy club :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Ooooh I like that Omega, I must get me 1 of those

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Sparrowcar - a lovely watch. Highly recommended; you're a lucky man with both wife and watch.

I sold mine last year, but thanks to Deep Thought, as of last week I'm back on the Speed, so to speak:

Pleasure...now , whats next on the agenda

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

And I have Fulladapipes previous Speedie, seems like lots of us have the Speedmaster bug, its hard to shake isnt it.
    I thought about selling to fund something else recently, but I couldnt quite bring myself to list it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Got this Speedmaster from a friend who hasn't worn it in years. He thinks the automatic movement is broken somehow so I'm wearing it for a few days to see how it behaves. Depending on how it goes, I'll look into getting it repaired.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

dudara wrote: »
    Got this Speedmaster from a friend who hasn't worn it in years. He thinks the automatic movement is broken somehow so I'm wearing it for a few days to see how it behaves. Depending on how it goes, I'll look into getting it repaired.

If there is a problem with the chronograph module in the auto version of the Speedy these can be expensive to repair so I'd factor that into any deal you do with your friend.

More details here from Chuck Maddox (RIP) here.

http://chronomaddox.com/speedy_reduced.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,759 ✭✭✭893bet

600 ish euro for omega to fix. If that watch comes with papers then it is worth 700 euro. In perfect condition worth 1200-1300 in a private sale

I bought an auto speedie last year. It was services the year before I got it, the previous owner had it back for a second service under warranty. When I got it I had to send it back again under warranty and they replaced the whole movement for a finish. Sold it then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

sparrowcar wrote: »

Steinhart ocean one black with ceramic bezel.

Like the look of that, was also tempted by their Ocean Titanium 500 Premium

DT

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement