Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭Homer

Menas wrote: »
    If that IWC was a woman I would be breaking the tenth commandment right now. :)

Thou shalt not steal another mans watch?? Thought that was number 7 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I'd break every commandment for that IWC

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭Homer

Jaysus we better be careful who we invite to the next get together :P Speaking of which.....

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

This actually landed a couple of months ago. It won't be a travelling watch much as I have a suspicion that it set off a radiation alarm at Heathrow when I first flew with it :eek:.

DSC_0092.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Not exclusively mine, I bought this for a friend as an Xmas gift... €75 and its quite a nice looking watch despite being more of a fashion brand then a proper watch. Personally I would wear it as a second or spare watch. No idea what kinda movt it has, I assuming a Chinese one but it seems to be keeping time pretty well.
    Abit of a Breitling ripp off, very suspicious looking lol.

IMG_20151130_170303.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

well as the title says i picked up a tag on ebay and it turned up and all looked good for a minute, then i realised it was fake, seems to be a very good fake.
    i contacted the seller who told me i was wrong and he is a jeweller and to trust him, it is on its way back now anyway.
    Tag Heuer link automatic calibre 7 is the title and model number was wjf5111 which doesn't seem to exist
    just thought i would let everyone know in case

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Some of the fakes can be scarily bloody good these days, especially the "home cooked" ones you see on faking forums. Good that you're sending it back and hopefully you get your cash back. Then again generally speaking though ebay can be a pain, you will usually get your money back. It's much better for buyers than sellers.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

€75 and its quite a nice looking watch despite being more of a fashion brand then a proper watch.

Rotary is very much a watch brand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Wibbs wrote: »
    Some of the fakes can be scarily bloody good these days, especially the "home cooked" ones you see on faking forums. Good that you're sending it back and hopefully you get your cash back. Then again generally speaking though ebay can be a pain, you will usually get your money back. It's much better for buyers than sellers.

I buy and sell on there, never had a problem selling, first fake that's fooled me from pictures, buyers are looked after by eBay and PayPal so my money should be safe.
    No doubt it will be up for sale shortly after it goes back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

That's a beautiful looking timepiece Stereosound. Can I ask where you purchased it please?

I'm just waiting on hitting 25 posts so I can post pics of my own watches.

• Advertisement

Eoin wrote: »
    Rotary is very much a watch brand!

There is certainly a nice history there but these days 'I think' and I could be wrong that they may be banged out in Asia somewhere with its swiss heritage being its selling point. Still a nice looking watch and I wouldn't complain if somone handed me one. Screw in crown to.

That's a beautiful looking timepiece Stereosound. Can I ask where you purchased it please?

I'm just waiting on hitting 25 posts so I can post pics of my own watches.

Argos, I agree its a very nice looking watch for what it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Another 'bezel-ly' watch for me......

A Tempic WorldTimer - 1970s (1979, as far as I can figure out for this example) hand wound, 17 Jewel movement.

Purchased from 'Hexicon' on adverts.ie - I'd recommend him.

370296.JPG

370295.JPG

370297.JPG

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

My newly arrived vintage Seiko "Kakume".

It's not all original unfortunately but it was serviced by the guy I got it from, so it's in good shape mechanically (edit: actually, it's not by the looks of things :( ). The original hands are a solid white rectangular style, which I'd prefer. I might try and get an original bracelet (or even just a better one), but that's as far as I will go.

23170774280_fc478e79a7_z.jpg

23466549225_ca7604819b_z.jpg

Why would anyone change the hands of a watch? Still a lovely piece all the same.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

If any moisture gets inside a case then the hands are often the first to degrade and rust. Goes triple for hands with luminous material as that stuff sucks up water like a thirsty camel(well the old stuff did). So that can be a reason for swapping in new ones.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

And some people just like to tinker and customise to make the watch 'unique'. You would need to be pretty creative to beat the origional I reckon...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Wife has got this for me as a Christmas present not at the level of most here but I'm happy.
    51o-bS5X6cL.jpg

Nice watch D. Has she got a sister? General enquiry like… :D

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

dinorebel wrote: »
    Wife has got this for me as a Christmas present not at the level of most here but I'm happy.

That's a really nice looking watch. What model is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

dinorebel wrote: »

Thats lovely...

the grey is a lovely shade

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

That's a really nice looking watch. What model is it?
    Citizen Eco Drive CA0369-29E

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Wibbs wrote: »
    Nice watch D. Has she got a sister? General enquiry like… :D

This is the 'watches and timepieces' forum, not the 'sex and sexuality' one;) .

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

dudara wrote: »
    Got a news email from Meranom today - so I ordered a Komandirskie 1965 for myself. It's a manual wind watch, which is new for me. I do prefer automatics. But I liked the black face on this one.

A question for those of you who have previously ordered from Meranom - how long does it take for the watch to arrive, once marked as dispatched? I still haven't received mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Quickest so far was just under 3 weeks ...longest nearly 3 months

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Longford Leader

dudara wrote: »
    A question for those of you who have previously ordered from Meranom - how long does it take for the watch to arrive, once marked as dispatched? I still haven't received mine.

I always allow a month for shipping. It normally takes 3 weeks just to get out of Russia alone :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

This IWC has been on my wish list for a long time, finally picked one up on my recent travels. Apologies for poor photo quality

TbL

370829.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

This IWC has been on my wish list for a long time, finally picked one up on my recent travels. Apologies for poor photo quality

TbL

Wow, congratulations! Fantastic piece. It is my grail watch too, but I dont really have a solid plan to raise the funds for it.

That's very classy. I like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

tastee tastee

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement