Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

A little something I picked up from Amazon recently. It was £35 reduced from £145 so I thought, why not? I don't know if I'd pay £145 for it but for £35 it's extremely nice :D

Lovely domed crystal too.

Some domed crystal pron. for those who are into that kind of stuff :o

346252.jpg

Wibbs. Can you transfer this post to the post pics of your watches thread? I posted it here by accident :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

gizmo555 wrote: »
    Oh if I ever win the lotto… the LIP version is what I'd go for. The uncles looks like that model(though later). Maybe it was in stock for ages?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭Daemonic

This will stop being a weekly series of updates sometime soon, maybe... after the 2 or 3 that are in the post arrive.
    Anyway this weeks watch is a blue dialled 70's Vostok. In lovely condition for €30.

VostokBlue.jpg

And here it is in the '77 catalogue on the top left.

Katalog_Wostok1977_Page_26.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Cool D :) and you have the catalogue pics too. Nice. I love that kinda thing.

Today I is wearing this mad hornets nest jammed into and barely contained by a wristwatch case.

3308pqx.jpg

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Is that an emate wibbs? Not seen one in years!

• Advertisement

It is. Works too. :) Can even sync it with my macbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭Ryath

Wibbs wrote: »
    It is. Works too. :) Can even sync it with my macbook.

I have this vision of Wibbs upgrading the hard-drive on his pc :P
    RAMAC-EngProtoType-.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Been wearing it as a casual watch since I got it but decided to wear it to work today, very much enjoying the latest addition:

YLnJQbQl.jpg

D'Agger wrote: »
    Been wearing it as a casual watch since I got it but decided to wear it to work today, very much enjoying the latest addition:
    Niiice D. Reminds me of a modern take on a 1950's Omega Constellation "Piepan" This is Good(™) :)

Oh and here's a video(bans self) of the seconds hand on that Longines UltraQuartz above. Gives an idea of the days when quartz didn't tick a second at a time. :)

It's a bit mesmeric. Can feel a bit like time is somehow running faster in a way. The one tick per second quartz feels more sedate, grandfather clock kinda thing. I can kinda see why the Chinese market didn't initially like mechanical watches and clocks that didn't tick once per second. 60 ticks a second is like the average human heart at rest, even relaxed*, whereas the usual mechanical escapement in a watch is more like the heart rate of a very excited hummingbird, having a coronary event. :D The racket from that Ultraquartz? Well if you leave it on a hard surface close to you and wake in the middle of the night, you do awake with a start thinking, "jesus! feck! where's the fire!!!". :pac:

One of these days I'm gonna try recording the sounds of various movement types from mechanical to battery.

*top athletes, fakirs and swamis with heart rates of 10 beats per minute can eff off. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Wibbs wrote: »
    Niiice D. Reminds me of a modern take on a 1950's Omega Constellation "Piepan" This is Good(™) :)

Why thank you Wibbs! That's a lovely looking piece by Omega! :)

It's a bit mesmeric. Can feel a bit like time is somehow running faster in a way. The one tick per second quartz feels more sedate, grandfather clock kinda thing.

Very much agree with this sentiment

• Advertisement

It's Friday! So it must mean, new watch day :D

Re6omE5.jpg

Check out the domige on this :pac:

bZ2RheI.jpg
    bLlcX6P.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Sadly, My Zenith is going back. Was looking at it further and saw that the springbars were bent, which seemed to happen trying to put the strap on.

Too many things just bugging me, Seller is great though, no quibble and great communication

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Bent? Are you sure they're not curved springbars?

This weeks watch is something a little different. It's much pinker in real life, the camera left it a bit washed out. NOS, €20, couldn't resist :)

PinkSlava.jpg

What?! It's not even Friday?! :eek:
    I have the sickness :o

It reminded me some what of the Tudor Submariner and I managed to win it for £33 so WTH not :D

roOuNnT.jpg
    RsMmS4C.jpg
    8xwT2iC.jpg

There's another one up for auction at the moment. It's a blue dial one. I'd say it should be get able for around the same price.

I'll post a link in the bargain watch I'm not getting thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

I just purchased the Orient Ray in that Massdrop offer on the other thread, but I want to replace the horrible rubber strap with an OEM bracelet, which is impossible to find! Anyone know where I could source it?

Not as interested in 3rd party bracelets as I would like it to fit perfect, any help finding the original orient bracelet would be appreciated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,239 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

The OEM bracelet isn't great from what I remember - the watch's price reflects this. It's not terrible by any means, but I wouldn't go searching it out. Personally I'd go with a leather NATO or a mesh bracelet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,755 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Just did a deal on this with a good guy on tz-uk have always fancied this particular variant of the AT so lets see :p

_4290524_zpsbfkxsc0w.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,239 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

That guy is some flipper - didn't he just get that at the start of the week? I'd say he doesn't even need adjust his watches for DST, let alone servicing them.

Looks nice though, dressy but a bit different.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,755 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Eoin wrote: »
    That guy is some flipper - didn't he just get that at the start of the week? I'd say he doesn't even need adjust his watches for DST, let alone servicing them.

Looks nice though, dressy but a bit different.

he got it the day before we agreed a deal!

he sounded like he might be looking to sell so i pmd on the off chance, to be fair he had taken it in trade but i think it will fit in well, as my last few arrivals are less dressy than im used to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

I think I've caught the dive watch bug! cough...cough* :p
    Vostok Amphibia changed the bezel to a Seiko Pepsi and replaced the god awful bracelet with a mesh bracelet
    00A35EA7ACA74EFEAB536B7614440A96-0000338914-0003757741-00800L-6C571BABCCC54A28BDB80B89B01C3F02.jpg
    C9A99C5255F040CC998D6BC4F7C583D3-0000338914-0003757742-00800L-D7EEB1B24F42448C9012F348C03408BD.jpg

Also Steinhart Ocean One Black with ceramic insert.
    D40D36462F2B401FA663921323FAD631-0000338914-0003757743-00800L-BF91F9175F05487F87DDB52D8F5697FB.jpg
    3D77A404491A4515A111BD310C26C40C-0000338914-0003757744-00800L-E049C4018EB44494B454F6FC29F2662A.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

Cyrus wrote: »
    Just did a deal on this with a good guy on tz-uk have always fancied this particular variant of the AT so lets see :p

Lovely watch

hal9000 wrote: »

Also Steinhart Ocean One Black with ceramic insert.

Does anyone know If i buy Ocean one black, would the Pepsi Bezel from the GMT fit the ocean one black? or is that a mad idea...just buy the GMT..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭893bet

Cyrus wrote: »
    IMG]
    Lol! After his arrival thread and all!

It's very nice and suspect nicer in the flesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

2lbeueg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Does anyone know If i buy Ocean one black, would the Pepsi Bezel from the GMT fit the ocean one black? or is that a mad idea...just buy the GMT..

DT, it seems Steinhart have a standard template on their ocean divers...I'd say it would fit but maybe drop them an email

All the way from 77.

osv0iw.jpg

That's as "smart" as my watches are ever likely to get. :)

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    DT, it seems Steinhart have a standard template on their ocean divers...I'd say it would fit but maybe drop them an email

Will do...but think it may look silly with 24hr markings...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭893bet

Still unsure of this speedie! It's the bracelet I dont like!

Noticed a small issue with the small seconds hand or being as fluid as it should! It's under warranty as far as I know so should be no problem fix. Then descison time!

Keep or leave it go!

• Advertisement

Sekonda de luxe arrived today. Lots of these were sold to the UK so they come up on eBay regularly and can be had cheap enough. This one was serviced and cost €40 so not bad for a dress watch.

SekondaSilver.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement