Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

That's one lovely pocket watch Dr F. Fine regulator on the balance too. That should be an accurate old girl. My 30's one with a very similar movement(though not nearly as fancy a case as yours) is about the most accurate mechanical watch I have. Out by about a minute and a bit per month. Loud bugger mind you. You can easily hear it ticking across the other side of a room.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Dr. fuzz how long have you had the BFK?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Wibbs wrote: »
    That's one lovely pocket watch Dr F. Fine regulator on the balance too. That should be an accurate old girl. My 30's one with a very similar movement(though not nearly as fancy a case as yours) is about the most accurate mechanical watch I have. Out by about a minute and a bit per month. Loud bugger mind you. You can easily hear it ticking across the other side of a room.

Yes, when it's running it doesn't really go tick-tick, more cling, clang. :D
    How accurate it is is hard to say, it hasn't been in regular use in pretty much ever, since there are very few opportunities to wear it, I don't get invited to many black tie balls.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Dr. fuzz how long have you had the BFK?

I'd say at least 5-6 years. My fault it looks like that, I used to fix printers and never took it off when working. It needs a new glass and bezel and an internal overhaul, since the capacitors are losing charge. They should hold six months, but once they're old, they will only hold a few days. Still going strong though and holding time very well. And it's a very hefty piece of metal to have strapped to your wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,732 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

16E8C50E-08AB-4FC5-90F6-BDE0327801DB_zpstgb8tvsq.jpg

I took everything out as im planning a little shakeup, but while i had everything together i thought id take a pic!

From the left, ceramic sub, IWC Portuguese chrono (with me for 6 years now!), IWC 377704, Omega Aqua Terra 8500, two watches of my wife are next Cartier tank in gold, and a Rayond Weil gold plated number, then comes a g shock and my old tag 2000 that i got for my 21st 14 years ago!

Lastly on my wrist is a Panerai 312.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

The IWC is pure class, stands out a mile even in that beautiful collection, remember thinking the same when there was a similar post some months ago.

Very nice Cyrus. Many lovely watches and had a quick look on ebay for the Panerai and decided the Casio was more my price range. :D
    Two questions. Where do you work and where do I apply?:cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The IWC is pure class, stands out a mile even in that beautiful collection, remember thinking the same when there was a similar post some months ago.
    Yea and IMHO a clear reminder about how far IWC have strayed from their path. Gorgeous watch.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

This just in and you've seen it here first. An Omega prototype apparently for the Black Tulip project. An absolutely flawless tungsten carbide case which has a smoky grey irridescence to it - a little like a Rado but thankfully not too much. Not working but very much reflected in the price (and some!) but that's not a problem as I know that I can phone a friend. On a generic mesh (but with a proper Ploprof clasp) at the moment but I'm thinking dark grey nubuck alligator.

44mm which I was worried about and thought it might be a quick flip but actually absolutely fine - most importantly the hidden lugs mean that the critical dimension is well within tolerance. Just goes to show that you can still pull off the occasional Ebay coup - just needs patience and a keen eye (it helps if you can hear voices in your head - you know who you are!).

23052015.jpg

Wibbs told me to do it!

Forum coup! :)

That's a very cool and extremely rare watch indeed. The price was right too ;) And for an Omega prototype and one that never made it to production in that form, or with that movement type. *jealous* :) As you say it's amazing what you can still find out there and for so little, if you know where and what to look out for.

In these parts in the last year alone I count at least five extremely rare, even unique watches found and not one broke the 400 quid mark. On other forums like TZ I've seen other madly rare watches, including that Omega Speedmaster LCD prototype that was one of twelve tested and likely flown by NASA on a shuttle mission and IIRC the chap paid just over the thousand quid mark for it. Mad. Yet in the wider world you see what are pretty, even extremely common watches getting five figures and more. Funny old world.

Keep looking folks. :)

Aside, something I find odd about these Omega f300's is that for some reason they used the exact same handset on all their models.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Anjobe

New arrival on Friday, my second Seiko auto diver:

349867.JPG

This was my first, still going strong after 12 years of abuse:

242508.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Took a liking to the CW brand and saw this one on adverts.

Christopher Ward C7 Rapide, kind of a Speedy crossed with a Carrera.

20150525_170559_zpsnyaddkai.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Nothing for a couple of weeks then two Kirovskies arrive on the same day. Both looking good considering they're over 50 years old.

48FC2E1A-1A85-42A5-8B13-3669F3F4DA9C.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭useless

I don't usually have much to contribute to this thread, but this arrived today & I thought I'd share... been after one for ages & eventually got a NOS example. Very pleased :D

17947524569_f9d820dd1e_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Can't beat an Omega. Most comfortable straps around. . .and not bad watches either.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

Lovely. I really like those AT's. And the Co axial movements are supposed to be pretty damn good.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

That's really nice. I purchased an Orient Blue Ray off Massdrop. Got the bracelet too from Orient directly and was looking forward to receiving the watch itself. However, An Post have managed to lose it somehow. Its marked as delivered but I didn't get it. On investigation in told it appears that the watch was handed out to someone at the sorting office. Something very dodgy going on!

Just my luck really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Took delivery of this Citizen watch. I am delighted with it, first watch I have purchased in about 3 years.

epqEA6tm.jpg?1

HKc3GCym.jpg?1

GEO147 wrote: »
    That's really nice. I purchased an Orient Blue Ray off Massdrop. Got the bracelet too from Orient directly and was looking forward to receiving the watch itself. However, An Post have managed to lose it somehow. Its marked as delivered but I didn't get it. On investigation in told it appears that the watch was handed out to someone at the sorting office. Something very dodgy going on!

Just my luck really.

That's tough luck. Are you going to follow it up?

That's tough luck. Are you going to follow it up?

Absolutely I am. I'm down a lovely Orient Ray and it looks like its been swiped!

• Advertisement

View from the office window/wrist shot/steering wheel shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

Nice photo. Is that a pheasant on the the road in front of you?

Thanks, yes it is, hard to get it all in focus even at f16!

Success! Supposedly delivered to the wrong house and recovered and delivered to its rightful home. Came on stock rubber band but I have already installed the factory bracelet, love it!

2c0jtd.jpg

Also purchased this Orient Producer

wvpoa9.jpg

I see we share a taste in watches! :D

Except mine is rather a lot more scuffed up:

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/303951/348968.jpg

ignore link, you've seen it already anyway. :cool:

We do,;) but your longines is way classier than mine. I don't have to put on a three piece suit or a tux for mine.

We do,;) but your longines is way classier than mine. I don't have to put on a three piece suit or a tux for mine.

I have a problem, I don't have a vest, so can't carry the watch, it's terrible. :D
    The problem is, the average Friday night out does not entail the sort of venue or event you may wear that watch to. Can anyone recommend a good ballroom turn of the century style? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

GEO147 wrote: »
    Success! Supposedly delivered to the wrong house and recovered and delivered to its rightful home. Came on stock rubber band but I have already installed the factory bracelet, love it!

Nice. Very nice. Who did you order from if you don't mind my asking?

• Advertisement

Nice. Very nice. Who did you order from if you don't mind my asking?

Got it on Massdrop. They said they may do another deal on them if over 200 people wanted one, now at 209 so keep an eye. It came on the stock rubber strap which is ok but I purchased the bracelet direct from Orient JApan.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/orient-ray-watch

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement