Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭Daemonic

First Kirovskie added to the rapidly expanding collection.

Kirovskie1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I picked this up earlier today on sale, it was a display model but its unmarked with all labels still attached. I love the black chrome bezel on it the most I think. Fits the wrist very well too.
    [IMG][/img]IMG_20150331_162627.jpg

[IMGIMG_20150331_141758099.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG][/img]IMG_20150331_141652837_HDR.jpg
    [IMG][/img]IMG_20150331_141042081_HDR.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

wp_20150331_18_03_31_pro.jpg

apologies for the sub standard mobile phone image

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned. My last confession was 12 days ago and these are my sins:
    16803005080_9f2a7a747b_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned. My last confession was 12 days ago and these are my sins:

Nice CB, what reference is that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I really, really, really need to buy something...............and soon

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Nice shape to that CB. Very reminiscent of the CWC UK issued divers watch. Looks like the offspring of a three way between the CWC, A Rolex and a Seiko. This is a very good thing(™). Actually the strap looks very like the issued strap you get with US military Marathon navigators.

Today I'm wearing this.

spdfd1.jpg

From Longines internal file marked "WTF were we drinkin last night lads". :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Nice CB, what reference is that?

According to the sales thread a NY2300.
    Citizen Promaster vintage mod. The bezel was faded to give it a 'ghost' look and the crystal was replaced by a domed plexi.
    Specs:
    - Width 40 mm
    - Lugs 20 mm
    - Automatic Miyota 8203
    - Screwed crown and caseback

I don't get the strap in the picture but I reckon a khaki or admiralty NATO should do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭Daemonic

It's bad when you think only having 2 purchases in the post is 'under control'. Anyway, this popped through the letterbox today. So pretty.

PoljotBuran3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    NO quoting photos.

apologies for the sub standard mobile phone image

Where did you get that Steinhart? It's a beauty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Where did you get that Steinhart? It's a beauty!

Ordered direct from their website

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Pretty impressive new addition.

IMG_0865_zpshfsm1npm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Peasant goes fashion watch ....Bering automatic ceramic

38 mm diameter, 10 mm thick, sapphire glass, Miyota 9015

attachment.php?attachmentid=1077006&thumb=1&d=1428147606
    attachment.php?attachmentid=1077005&d=1428147606
    attachment.php?attachmentid=1077004&d=1428147606
    attachment.php?attachmentid=1077003&d=1428147606
    attachment.php?attachmentid=1077002&d=1428147606
    attachment.php?attachmentid=1077001&d=1428147606

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Very nice peasant. Been tempted by some of their designs.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Me likey P. Nice clean design.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I got a €10 Argos voucher of someone and decided what can you get for a tenner these days. I used it to buy this classic piece of digital tech, €13 all in :). That's my original F91 on the right I bought in around 1998'. The newer one seems to be made of a matte plastic instead of a shiny
    Plastic on the original. Identical pretty much...

I did replace the strap on my original around 2 years ago and I removed a few scratches from it using toothpaste over the years. Its in pretty good cosmetic order considering its 17 years old. Almost stands up to the brand new one.
    [IMG][/img]IMG_20150404_143951885_HDR.jpg
    [IMG][/img]IMG_20150404_144035175_HDR.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

And another recent arrival

A brand new 38 mm handwind Raketa in stainless steel

344042.JPG
    344043.JPG
    344044.JPG
    344045.JPG
    344046.JPG

A watch I don't wear nearly enough TBH. 1975 Omega Seamaster "Mariner 1"

izvxhu.jpg
    Excuse the dust :s

Funky yoke on the wrist. My only Omega. One of those watches I think I might move on, but then wear it and… I'd probably regret selling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

Very nice wibbs. There was one on TZ yesterday for 550gbp! Sold now.

A very nice piece.

750 euros? Get away. That's crazy money for one. :eek: I've seen NOS with box and papers and hangtags go for less. In the last six months too. Here's one, two and three such examples since Xmas at well under half that price.

Now they are a cool watch and contain Omega's first all in house quartz movement, but they're not that rare. 3-350 for one minus the bracelet, 400 for one with would be the price I'd consider right for one. Add hundred euros for one with box and all that, if that's your thing, but 750? Jeeebus. Fair play to the seller, but I dunno what the buyer was thinking TBH. Can depend on the day of course. I saw one on the same sales forum sit for a week at 300 sterling IIRC.

Hang on… maybe I should shut the hell up now, considering I was thinking of flipping it before. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I think I sold mine for just under 400 sterling Wibbs, and had a good look at eBay for others when I listed it - I think you're being a little conservative?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Actually, I did sell my one to him 2 years ago (I thought he sounded familiar), but he says he got it from someone else. He could be an Omega collector though, and handled a few over the years.

Eoin wrote: »
    I think I sold mine for just under 400 sterling Wibbs, and had a good look at eBay for others when I listed it - I think you're being a little conservative?
    Maybe E and fair play for your sale and they do go for that kinda money(or way more it turns out), but in my previous post I linked three recent ebay auctions where the three went for 250 sterling or under. The cheapest being this one at 220 sterling. Last year around June/July IIRC I saw two minter NOS ones with boxes and such go through for around the 6-650 Euro mark, one a BIN the other in auction.

These Mariners seem to have quite the range in prices they fetch(outside of daft dealer prices). Anywhere from a hair under 300 euro to 700 plus. Condition is part of it yes, as is the presence of the bracelet or not, but not nearly so much as you'd think. Interestingly BIN prices are just as variable. Usually not the case, it's more usual you'll get a saving in an open auction. I have noticed they do go for more in forums mind you.

I must dig up the oul receipt for mine. IIRC I paid around the 300 mark, a few years ago now. Today if I was looking for one, I'd look to pay around the 350 euro mark. If I was looking for a mint/NOS one I reckon I'd be waiting a couple of months and would need to stump up around 6-650 euro for the privilege. Also ebay.de is a very good place for them. They usually have quite a few on the go. You may note that a lot of them come with German day wheels. They seem to have been a popular watch in that neck of the woods.

Eoin wrote: »
    Actually, I did sell my one to him 2 years ago (I thought he sounded familiar), but he says he got it from someone else. He could be an Omega collector though, and handled a few over the years.

I think at one point recently he posted a picture where he had 4 or 5 of the buggers.

I thought I was bad when I had two. :D Well I always figure a spare is a good bet with early quartz. These 1310 movements are pretty solid though. Takes a lot to kill them The vulnerable part is the exposed coil which can get buggered by ham fisted battery changers, but since I swap my own batteries. So I sold the spare

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Maybe not one for the purists, but I'm enjoying my new 'toy'

16864066298_d6a44e7767_o.jpg

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Maybe not one for the purists, but I'm enjoying my new 'toy'
    Good looking thing, in its' way. How big is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Good looking thing, in its' way. How big is it?

82gms, glass is 38mm.
    There's also a sapphire edition, with a metal strap that doubles the weight, but the standard version feels reasonably lightweight and comfortable.

• Advertisement

1940 Alpina 592 KM on this sunny morning. Patina came free. :)

24uvw5i.jpg

Wearing new shoes :) Got the NOS canvas strap from a chap over in the Military watches forum. It's from the 40/50's, French and a Nato style a few decades before the Nato came out. Very comfy and apparently Hygenienque with it. Wasted on filthy old me.

oisth3.jpg

I didn't see my first "proper" Nato in the wild until the early 90's, while fishing, I met a UK military chap wearing one and he sent me one in the post. It was the only one I saw until the late 90's. That said you could get Nato style in leather before that. Took some digging and luck pre interwebs mind you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement