Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Another arrival today from the spending spree (all €200 or so on 5 watches) I went on over February. A 70's Vostok this time.
    WostokRed.jpg

Pretty sure it's been recased as the catalogue pics I can find have a gold case, but I can live with that on a £15 watch I'll be happy to wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Another watch of mine, have had this around a year now. One of Seiko's cheaper brand watches. They use the same cases and quartz movements as regular Seiko's. You will notice though that their Lorus brand lacks little details on the face like movement identification markings. For €50 you can't complain though. Good watch.
    [IMG][/img]IMG_20150317_184837_edit_1426618908191.jpg
    [IMG][/img]IMG_20150317_173803.jpg
    [IMG][/img]IMG_20150317_173533_edit_1426618779505.jpg

The watches are arriving thick and fast... I may have a problem :o

Anyway, Raketa 24hr dropped through the letterbox today.

MyRaketa24hr.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The 24 hour two crowns Raketa is a very cool bit of kit IMH. The cyrillic for the different cities/timezones really adds to it for me.
    Daemonic wrote: »
    The watches are arriving thick and fast... I may have a problem :o
    Aye and the cure is to get moar watches! :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    The 24 hour two crowns Raketa is a very cool bit of kit IMH. The cyrillic for the different cities/timezones really adds to it for me.

Aye and the cure is to get moar watches! :)
    Thanks. It's in great condition apart from the smudge on the glass over the 17 but for $70 I can put up with a smudge. Doesn't seem to have lost or gained more than a couple of seconds since I set it about 12hrs ago so well pleased.

And I do have more on the way :o

A couple of Buran 3133 Chronos, a Raketa perpetual and a Kivorskie is about to be snapped up too :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Daemonic wrote: »
    Thanks. It's in great condition apart from the smudge on the glass over the 17 but for $70 I can put up with a smudge.
    And that sir is what Brasso is for. Take that smudge out in double quick time. The official Polywatch is cool too, but since chances are most folks have brasso in an old tin under the sink… :)
    Doesn't seem to have lost or gained more than a couple of seconds since I set it about 12hrs ago so well pleased.
    Doesn't much surprise me TBH D. The Soviet movements for all their lack of flouncy Swiss finishing can be often remarkably accurate.
    And I do have more on the way :o

image.png?w=400&c=1

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I bought this for my Dad today instead of a G shock. Its one of the Pulsar WRC series watches. There is no silly WRC logos or anything like that on it. It just looks a nice elegant time piece. I'm very impressed with it considering it cost under €100 and its basically a Seiko underneath so it will run forever.

[IMG][/img]IMG_20150319_122123044.jpg
    [IMG][/img]IMG_20150319_121239187_HDR.jpg
    [IMG][/img]IMG_20150319_120935_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

It isn't really that easy to tell the time with this but I like it nonetheless. Has a Lemania 1873 manual wind movement and is a 1999 re-issue of one of UG's classic chronos from their glory days.
    DSC_3127.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

It's almost as if you have a thing for Universal Geneve!

Cool watch, never seen a 24hr chrono before

• Registered Users Posts: 10,186 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Pics to follow.....
    So I have spent today driving back to London after almost 3 months in December blin. I didn't want to get back to London before 6pm due to inconsiderate daytime Parkers in my car park. I knew I was going to have a couple of my stops and gave in when my partner suggested stopping off in Chester. Usually I wouldn't waste time heading into a city nor stop so early as Chester. How fortuitous that I did....

While walking around the historic centre of town I noticed one of the small jewellers had a special deal (up to 50% off) on one of my favoured watch manufacturers (they have lost AD status). The last watched I bought were back in June at an auction. I know I'm fortunate to be able to act on a whim as I have done today....

I bought two watches both with with blue dials, one an annual calendar (43mm) on a stainless steel bracelet (with polished centrelinks) and the other a more dressy date (approx 39mm) on a midnight blue croc.

I got 35% off each and didn't ask for more. I've just checked and they were massively cheaper than any online grey market dealer.

Let's see which of our resident experts can guess the watches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

Omega have an AT 43mm annual calendar but it doesn't have polished links? Unless the really new one has?

Second one also an omega. AT skyfall on leather?

Nope neither make sense thinking about it.

893bet wrote: »
    Omega have an AT 43mm annual calendar but it doesn't have polished links? Unless the really new one has?

Second one also an omega. AT skyfall on leather?

Nope neither make sense thinking about it.

The first one makes perfect sense and is right on the button, definitely has polished centre links.

THe other is from an entirely different Omega line and I suspect is NOS.

Marcusm wrote: »
    The first one makes perfect sense and is right on the button, definitely has polished centre links.

THe other is from an entirely different Omega line and I suspect is NOS.

The first one is a very new "master" version with magnetic protection perhaps? A lot of the new master ones have gone polished.

I know what the second is now you say that but will let someone else have a guess.

Seriously, I need help :o

Two new arrivals in the last week. Raketa Perpetual and a Poljot Buran 3133 Chronograph which is about half an inch thick.

RaketaPerpetual.jpg

PoljotBuran2.jpg

The first one is a very new "master" version with magnetic protection perhaps? A lot of the new master ones have gone polished.

I know what the second is now you say that but will let someone else have a guess.

No one else wants to guess.

It's definitely not one of the new master co-ax ones; some of those look fantastic as does the Globemaster although I think the name is stupid.

They had to put in 2 extra links from another watch which was very good of them considering that they have very low stock levels which they're trying to clear.

Attached is a poor phone photo!

That's yum!! Doesn't look 43mm at all either!

Second one is a de ville prestige?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Helped the brother in law buy this last week in Weirs....Cheaper to buy here than USA.

http://www.omegawatches.com/collection/seamaster/planet-ocean-600-m/co-axial-gmt-435/23230442203001

Because of the dollar exchange rate he did it over phone and will collect it in June when he is over from states.

Nice Omegas goin on. :) Loving the Buran.

That's yum!! Doesn't look 43mm at all either!

Are you suggesting that I am on the huge side? If you are, you would be right, this is not a large watch compared to many of my others.
    Second one is a de ville prestige?

It is indeed a DeVille Prestige, more or less identical to the attached but he strap has a navy hue to it.
    mad m wrote: »
    Helped the brother in law buy this last week in Weirs....Cheaper to buy here than USA.

http://www.omegawatches.com/collection/seamaster/planet-ocean-600-m/co-axial-gmt-435/23230442203001

Because of the dollar exchange rate he did it over phone and will collect it in June when he is over from states.

MAd M, not the one I bought, the Hour Vision is much more expensive. Re your b-i-l's watch, did you collect it from Weir's already or have you arranged for them to process the VAT refund as well?

• Advertisement

He will arrange Vat refund when he collects watch, or he will do it in airport when returning home.

He will arrange Vat refund when he collects watch, or he will do it in airport when returning home.

The important thing is to ensure that he exports it within 3 months of the date of supply - if you've paid for it, make sure that Weir's doesn't record it as a sale, it would need to be a deposit. VAT has a number of complex rules!

So 35 off list! Not bad!

Marcusm wrote: »
    The important thing is to ensure that he exports it within 3 months of the date of supply - if you've paid for it, make sure that Weir's doesn't record it as a sale, it would need to be a deposit. VAT has a number of complex rules!

Yes I think he told them not to register warranty until he collects it.

Yes I think he told them not to register warranty until he collects it.

THe warranty is only relevant in the unlikely event that he needs work done on the watch during the warranty period. He'll need a VAT receipt dated within 3 months of the date of his return flight to claim VAT back - that's the important thing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

I was hoping to see some Patek photos when I checked in today.
    Anyone want to own up?

Sod you Zed, I call shotgun on any marriage proposals.

I'm+a+man+well+nobody's+perfect.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Bought this bad boy with some help from the knowledgeable folks on this forum.. very happy with the purchase

343244.jpg

Good call! :) They've a lovely dial in the flesh. Well may you wear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

That is lovely. Wibbs has everyone converted into Longines fanboys.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement