Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weirdest place you've met a fellow Paddy?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Near the summit of a mountain in Iceland.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

SeaFields wrote: »
    Cork people are the common cold of the planet - you can't avoid them and they get everywhere.

Ha! We will be the last people gracing this planet with our presence simply because we will refuse to die out...
    Yep. Cork people and cockroaches.................wait thats the same thing

My weirdest was the Venitian hotel in Vegas.Was over for the UFC and wearing the t-shirt from the event.
    Weird havin a bogger accent a few thousand miles from home shouting at you across an indoors canal asking who won a fight.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Dudess wrote: »
    Oh yes you are a paddy - seeing as you're Irish. ;)

I think it is very unreasonable of you to spell the above correctly. On boards it seems from numerous posts that your post should read as follows:
    Dudess wrote: »
    Oh yes you are a paddy - seen as you're Irish. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

walking through red light district in amsterdam (with the missus during the day)
    2 junkies stopped me and asked for the time.
    when i told them they were like

ahhhhh budddd where ya from... do you know bicko do ya.....
    yes i know bicko from dublin :eek: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

pajodublin wrote: »
    walking through red light district in amsterdam (with the missus during the day)
    2 junkies stopped me and asked for the time.
    when i told them they were like

Junkies? This is Amsterdam you're talking about...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

5starpool wrote: »
    I think it is very unreasonable of you to spell the above correctly. On boards it seems from numerous posts that your post should read as follows:

Oh no you shouldn't of went there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

pajodublin wrote: »

This guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

In my bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

I met a guy from the arse-end of nowhere in the midlands in a really hip bar in New York.

Hor the F**k did he get in??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

javaboy wrote: »
    Oh no you shouldn't of went there.

* sharpens ice pick...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

J.S. Pill wrote: »
    I met a guy from the arse-end of nowhere in the midlands in a really hip bar in New York.

Hor the F**k did he get in??

How the fock did you get in more like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭nitrogen

sceptre wrote: »
    Cork people are the common cold of the planet - you can't avoid them and they get everywhere.

A guy from Cork lived in the next apartment to me in Bangkok, and met another going down the Mekong in Laos.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Irish bar in Rome,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

On a dusty deserted road in the middle of Morrocco. I bumped into someone walking the opposite direction and it turned out he was irish. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

5starpool wrote: »
    Oh yeah... I should of done that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,216 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Not so much the oddest place, but more the fact that I knew the lad was weird. At Rock Werchter in 07, the Saturday, wearing my leprechaun suit(don't ask, but fairly sure it had something to do with snow patrol, even though I don't like them). Went into one of the bars in the festival site before Chemical Brothers, some lad asked me where I was from, next person asked what part of the county, next person asked did I know someone else. When I turned to him, it turns out he was in my brothers class in school(thats who he asked did I know). Very random and fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

In Vegas last year, sat down at a blackjack table next to three guys around the same age as me. than after a couple of minutes heard the distinct 'paddy' accent so i piped up 'Oh your from Ireland? where are you from?'
    they reply saying Cork , and i say ' Jesus what a coincidence me too, where in Cork?', and the reply was Carrigaline, the town im from!! :eek: turns out they lived just 2 minutes away from me!

your never too far away from a Paddy we'r fecking everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

When I was in Malta or one of the Baelaric (Sp?) Islands, and I saw a feckin white jeep with an Irish reg plate.

SRSLY

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

giggsy664 wrote: »
    When I was in Malta or one of the Baelaric (Sp?) Islands, and I saw a feckin white jeep with an Irish reg plate.

SRSLY

That was my cousin. Dr. Balearico. He loves that fecking white jeep he does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭cranoo

1984 in Lebanon a Israelie halftrack passed me while I was standing at a checkpoint, one of the soldiers in the halftrack shouted out in a dublin accent
    youes must be bored out of yer bollix standing there all day :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

i've been all over the world, and i have just about met a paddy everywhere i've gone.
    Walkin down the street in tokyo Japan, i see this fella comin at me in shorts, sandles and of course white socks.
    I'm wearing my Irish rugby jersey. In the biggest, dirtierst cavan/ north meath accent. "how are you" he says....

in Abbercrombie shop in New York, buying some threads and bump into a girl i use to go to school with years ago!!!

in Santa Monica in LA, in a resteraunt/bar and see a family of sunburnt paddies applying aftersun up at the bar whilst drinking beer.

you cant escape us, we're like a plague.
    We have our problems,but i'd never live anywhere ele!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Met a lad working down in a mine in the Australian outback who an emigrated to Oz about 45 years before that, he had the same surname. It was more the conversation than anything else that was weird, ended up finding out about my whole family history way back to when the English monarchy fecked us out of Scotland a few hundred years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Horse-riding in the El Dorado canyon in Nevada I met a proper culchie from Armagh. Never seen anyone look so out of place, with his GAA shirt and his sunburn!

I'm living in London at the minute and do a bit of voluntary work in the central police stations. Was in Paddington Green the other week signing in with the Chief Inspector, not only was he Irish but he turned out to live 5 minutes away from my home (in the absolute ar*e-end of nowhere at that) - turned out our families know each other!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

In a tiny bar, in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere in the Basque Region. He was wearing some kind of GAA shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Must be good sales in GAA shirts :D I always cringe when I see people wearing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Why on earth is this thread a sticky??

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Faith wrote: »
    In a tiny bar, in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere in the Basque Region. He was wearing some kind of GAA shirt.
    Sure that's where most Irish people are from anyway.

landyman wrote: »
    Why on earth is this thread a sticky??
    Because it's not about the recession.
    Does it bother you?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

jester77 wrote: »
    Must be good sales in GAA shirts :D I always cringe when I see people wearing them.

I know people who have bought them for going away so other Irish people will recognise them!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

Mushy wrote: »
    Not so much the oddest place, but more the fact that I knew the lad was weird. At Rock Werchter in 07, the Saturday, wearing my leprechaun suit(don't ask, but fairly sure it had something to do with snow patrol, even though I don't like them). Went into one of the bars in the festival site before Chemical Brothers, some lad asked me where I was from, next person asked what part of the county, next person asked did I know someone else. When I turned to him, it turns out he was in my brothers class in school(thats who he asked did I know). Very random and fun!
    Actually something similar happened to me in Boston. I was there on my J1 and was working on Cape Cod, on a day trip to Boston at the bus station I went to get an Ice-Cream and it turned out I knew the girl behind the counter. She was also on a J1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Ninja101

Caracas, Venezuela. He was selling trinkets on the street and had long shaggy gray hair and a beard and glasses. Turned out he was from Limerick and had lived in the Andes for 10 years.

Advertisement