Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

An File wrote: »
    You do realise there's an entire chain of Rockin' Joe's restaurants in this country, yeah..?

No, actually I didn't. Thought it was just a local rip off of Eddie Rockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

Which in turn is probably is a rip of off Johnny Rockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

oleras wrote: »

Has the fast food industry no scruples!?

Here's a chip shop in Abbeyfeale .. http://cf.broadsheet.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/supermas.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

zulutango wrote: »

Here's a chip shop in Abbeyfeale .. http://cf.broadsheet.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/supermas.jpg

I think there's a TastyMacs in Gort too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

oleras wrote: »

A rip off of a rip off. There's some kind of fast-food branding Inception sh*t going on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Tim76 wrote: »
    A rip off of a rip off. There's some kind of fast-food branding Inception sh*t going on here.

Crapception!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

An File wrote: »
    I think there's a TastyMacs in Gort too. :D

McDonal's in Buttevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

McDonal's in Buttevant.

Ah Buttevant. I knew there was a McDonal's somewhere. Was annoying me trying to think where. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

zulutango wrote: »

Don't forget there's a super bites too

• Registered Users Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭phog

McDonal's in Buttevant.

I think there's one in Croom too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

phog wrote: »
    I think there's one in Croom too.

Correct, and not a skinny fry to be seen there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Birdie086 wrote: »
    Correct, and not a skinny fry to be seen there

I don't think I ever got a bad bag of chips from mcdonals in croom. Have got a lot of mediocre to just plain crap chips from chippers around the city and suburbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭source

I think there's a supermax in Abbeyfeale.

Not Limerick but might benefit many of ye if the weather picks up.
    Ate in a fantastic restaurant in Ballybunion yesterday lunchtime, it's called Daruka and is opposite the playground just off the main street. Hot lunches were all around 12E and everything was outstanding, lovely kids menu as well with proper options and wholesome enough stuff. The strange thing was that it wasn't even very busy on the best day of the season in Ballyb so far, seems people prefer to spend a fortune on fish and chips

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Bannergal

Hi
    Any suggestions where to bring 5 people for nice food on a Sunday?
    Not looking for Carvery
    Thank you

Bannergal wrote: »
    Hi
    Any suggestions where to bring 5 people for nice food on a Sunday?
    Not looking for Carvery
    Thank you

Adventurous?
    Lunch or dinner?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

The Strand Sunday Buffet Lunch is just delicious, huge choice...nice service and glass of prosecco on arrival.

Very Adventurous and lunch maybe around 3pm??

• Registered Users Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭phog

The Strand Sunday Buffet Lunch is just delicious, huge choice...nice service and glass of prosecco on arrival.

It's been a while (2yrs or so) but if it's still as good as when I was there last then I'd highly recommend it.

Gallagher's in Bunratty would be another great choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Boruma

Picola Italia O Connell St
    Home from home resteraunt. Great value menu food is second to none. It's a resteraunt where there is never pressure to leave had many a great night there. Will be returning !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Boruma

Had to pleasure of being invited to Marco Polo we arrived at 7 to our table a group of ladies. We ended up there for the evening great chatting however one member of the group was on driving duty and she looked for coffee after 11 only to be told the machine was cleaned sorry !!! So we left we won't be returning we left a lot of money there that evening. Not the normal reply you would expect from a resteraunt.

I'm not a Gallaghers fan anymore since they got rid of the wine & dine menu. Their sunday lunch menu is the same menu as the early bird which I don't think offers a great choice.

The strand buffet is very good alright but it is still a glorified carvery and OP asked for anything except.
    Your last post suggests that you know quite a bit about the local food scene.
    Cornstore is very nice and is open all day Sunday, if it was up to me I would be checking out one of the newer Asian restaurants in town, Taikichi is the pick of the bunch but Kaya is also very good. Aroi is great but very small.
    If you want something a little out of town I would recommend Collins Bar Dooradoyle, they do a great A La Carte starting at three o Clock, it is as good as anything you'll find in Limerick on Sunday. Only problem with any bar today is that there are lots of matches on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Boruma wrote: »
    Had to pleasure of being invited to Marco Polo we arrived at 7 to our table a group of ladies. We ended up there for the evening great chatting however one member of the group was on driving duty and she looked for coffee after 11only to be told the machine was cleaned sorry !!! So we left we won't be returning we left a lot of money there that evening. Not the normal reply you would expect from a resteraunt.

I don't think that's too unreasonable. 11 o'clock is late enough to be in a restaurant as it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Anybody tried the Cream Room in the south court recently for an Indian. Its hard to beat Copper & Spice but just thinking of trying somewhere different.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

Taj a new indian gone into where copper and spice used to be in town is really nice. definitely worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭highlydebased

yogalady wrote: »
    Taj a new indian gone into where copper and spice used to be in town is really nice. definitely worth a try

Was in there tonight myself actually, very tasty! They seem to be doing some work inside there at the moment but I wouldn't let that put me off

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Had the buffalo wings in the Curragower over the weekend. Absolutely delicious and the best that I've tried outside the States. My only complaints would be that we were given standard mayo instead of the blue-cheese one and they are too damn pricey!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Tim76 wrote: »
    Had the buffalo wings in the Curragower over the weekend. Absolutely delicious and the best that I've tried outside the States. My only complaints would be that we were given standard mayo instead of the blue-cheese one and they are too damn pricey!

Frank's Hot Sauce mixed with melted butter, cook at a low heat for an hour or so, then crank it up to 220 for twenty minutes. Easy. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Possibly controversial due to its location (this is the Limerick forum) but has anyone been to Gallaghers in Bunratty recently?

I am considering it for a special occasion meal - i have never been there so im looking for any info! Thanks

Advertisement