Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Had lunch in Aroi the other day. Thai green chicken curry was great. Fresh, full of flavour, and had plenty of spice too.

I was impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

Im going for a visit to Limerick in a few weeks and im thinking about giving the Brimstone Steakhouse a go?Do people have any opinions on the place.It seems to be a nice dining spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Casa Nostra is closed for 3 months of rennovations :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

miralize wrote: »

That's sad. I know there's always Del Art, by Casa Nostra was in a league of its own IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭gotasmoke

I went to Kaya last night for the first time. It gets compared to Aroi a lot so I was expecting something similar. However I was surprised to find if completely different.

They are both asian restaurants but Kaya is focused on Thai food more than Aroi and it is also more dimply lit and romantic, the type of place you would go on a date and as a result more expensive.

There is a lot more choice in Kaya and my partner and I enjoyed everything that we had and found the staff to be very attentive. We will be back.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

3 months? Place is pretty new that's alot if trade to lose with 2 big hotels near by

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

I have a voucher for The Cornmarket since last November - will they still accept it ? Tis a printed voucher I got at work so no info on it ..... just voucher code and value.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Im going for a visit to Limerick in a few weeks and im thinking about giving the Brimstone Steakhouse a go?Do people have any opinions on the place.It seems to be a nice dining spot.

I havent been myself but the OH has been twice and it enjoyed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

miralize wrote: »

It never seems that busy when i pass.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Went 3 times at the start and had takeaway very nice but dodgy location

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

ate lunch in Aroi today, had the Green Chicken curry, absolutely lovely! very very impressed with it!
    Nice to see a place completely mobbed for lunch too!

Ate in La piccola last weekend - lovely food and even lovelier service! They made me an item that was on their older menu but no longer on their current menu - this was very kind and professional of them. I really appreciated it.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

Agree completely I ate in la piccola last week and we cleared the plates. Fantastic place will definitely be back again

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Loving the love for my favorite restaurant - usually some people dont understand the place or the waiting staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

I have a voucher for The Cornmarket since last November - will they still accept it ? Tis a printed voucher I got at work so no info on it ..... just voucher code and value.

I think they would honour it. I have one from December, but a credit card one, and was told there is no time limit on it at all.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Had a lovely meal and experience in Aroi. Food was amazing and very filling. Staff were incredibly friendly and helpful even though they were busy. Definitely will go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

New place on opening where Kranks used to be on Thomas St called Gasta. Think its focusing on healthy take away food. Sounds interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

magma69 wrote: »
    New place on opening where Kranks used to be on Thomas St called Gasta. Think its focusing on healthy take away food. Sounds interesting.

The problem is many of the things they are advertising are based on various fad diets and other extreme ways of eating. Much of it is arguably not healthy, just different. There's no doubt their niche will kick off though.

-Ate in Aroi again recently - good food, good service & they were happy to make a substitution for me in my meal.

-Ate in Azur during the week found it a bit pricey for what it was, none of the mains came with veg/side dishes, i paid 17,50 for a vegetarian crepe (a pancake with some spuds/veg inside)....not worth it! But the atmosphere was good in there. Not a place i will return to though.

-Ate in Milanos last week - great staff, food was fresh and tasty and as always - they have great offers on so the bill was discounted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭893bet

Brimstone the other night. Fairly good. Had the surf and turf and turf which was excellent.

Still think their deserts are poor enough though.

• Advertisement

Got takeaway from Kaya - really impressed after eating there just after it opened and being very let down with tiny portions. They have upped their game, the take away was really generous portion-wise, delicious and fresh. Staff were really friendly and the price was fair too for the quality/quantity of the food. I will be back there for sure - for takeaway! yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Copper and Spice closed the doors of their Cornmarket restaurant for the final time last Sunday night. Sad to see the place go. The annacotty restaurant will remain open with some of the staff moving there. We just happens to pop in on Sunday for a bit of dinner and the manager was telling us. Just not enough trade to keep it open apparently.

Mods: I don't have a link for the information but if you look at their website there's no mention of the Cornmarket restaurant.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

h3000 wrote: »
    Copper and Spice closed the doors of their Cornmarket restaurant for the final time last Sunday night. Sad to see the place go. The annacotty restaurant will remain open with some of the staff moving there. We just happens to pop in on Sunday for a bit of dinner and the manager was telling us. Just not enough trade to keep it open apparently.

Mods: I don't have a link for the information but if you look at their website there's no mention of the Cornmarket restaurant.

That is a shame, in saying that I have only ever gone to the Annacotty one which I love, one the best Indian restaurants I have ever been to.

h3000 wrote: »

Eh the Cornmarket branch was grubby and we had awful food from there once with poor follow up when we complained. The food/atmosphere in the Annacotty branch is far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Parchment wrote: »
    Eh the Cornmarket branch was grubby and we had awful food from there once with poor follow up when we complained. The food/atmosphere in the Annacotty branch is far better.

Ive never found the food any worse in the Cornmarket branch. As for the venue it was not as nice as Annacotty but it was nice to have an option of the city center restaurant.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭monalitto

had fabulous lunch in the curragower today. i had mussels & brown bread €9.99 & my son had the burger (massive) and real chips & onion rings €12 - huge portions, great value & great service with a beautiful location. will be going back again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

monalitto wrote: »
    had fabulous lunch in the curragower today. i had mussels & brown bread €9.99 & my son had the burger (massive) and real chips & onion rings €12 - huge portions, great value & great service with a beautiful location. will be going back again :)

Couldn't agree more, was recently at the curragower myself and was very impressed by the atmosphere of the place. Nice crowd and good food. Great views from up on the terrace as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^

yes nice pub, good food and crackin location............

but..............the toilets are manky (mens are anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭monalitto

thats a pity, the ladies was fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Anyone recommend somewhere for Sunday breakfast / brunch?

Advertisement