Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Shok-o-la, sounds so pretentious. I prefer to call it Choklit in a southill accent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Shok-o-la, sounds so pretentious. I prefer to call it Choklit in a southill accent.

Same! It doesnt really warrant the French pronunciation!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Went to Kaya with the nephew on Saturday for lunch. Was really impressed with it. Got a nice coconut soup with chicken and prawns for a starter and got delicious Lamb Rendang for a main. Staff were really friendly too. Out of all the places I've tried in recent months this is my favourite so far.

I see Paparazzi closed -it was a strange one but the food was good. I never really heard anyone mention it or even review it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭sioda

Paparazzi just closed for a refurb. Back open again as Papaz

• Advertisement

sioda wrote: »

oh thats good!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 aimk

Another thumbs up for Aroi, I was sceptical, as every place that goes in there seems to close down pretty soon. But this place was fantastic, we went in at 7 without a booking, and they had no tables but told us if we were out by 8 they could accommodate us before their next booking. We took the table and lost tack of time, it was 8.20 when we realised. They never once mentioned we had gone over time and weren't forcing us out, which I took as a good sign about the place (compared to my experience in te Japanese restaurant when they gave away out table because we were 4 minutes late). I got the pad Thai and it was delicious! I have been craving it since. Service was great, really great, and the prices are very reasonable (most mains an average €10). I can't wait to go back!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

sioda wrote: »

And with the prices jacked up on some items :mad:

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    And with the prices jacked up on some items :mad:

Oh - no so good. i didnt think it was anything special anyway just sad to see a business close

Saw the new menu outside Paparazzi yesterday, or Papaz as its now called - shocking prices!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

For Chinese Zwe-Ton is by far the nicest i've had in Limerick it makes the peony court taste like gutter I used go there the whole time,

For Pizza Casa Nostra is amazing everyone working there is more or less Italian they know there stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

For Chinese Zwe-Ton is by far the nicest i've had in Limerick it makes the peony court taste like gutter I used go there the whole time,

I like Z-we-ton an eat there often but if you want the best Chinese in Limerick you have to try the Dragonfly in Annacotty.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Brew Bros. is a trap. The food is pretty much the same as what Superdine had there before but at twice the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Tried the Aroi tonight and was very impressed, Takeaway.
    Good to get some decent Asian food without the sticky sweetness that the Chinese seem to be serving now. Will visit again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Had a search but nothing recent came up. Im new to Limerick and looking for all you can eat places. Sadly Pizza Hut is gone but I have found mentions of Jumbo and Jasmine Palace. Jasmine seems a bit expensive but is closer. We're living in dooradoyle/raheen area so something along the 304 bus route would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,139 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Peony Court Chinese Restaurant at Punches Cross do a buffet for €10 or €11, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Had a search but nothing recent came up. Im new to Limerick and looking for all you can eat places. Sadly Pizza Hut is gone but I have found mentions of Jumbo and Jasmine Palace. Jasmine seems a bit expensive but is closer. We're living in dooradoyle/raheen area so something along the 304 bus route would be nice.

Chinese Palace do a delivery service, I'm sure they'd cover Raheen. they are in Roxboro!

Pizza Hut isn't gone, and there is on right next to a 304 bus stop.

Also, never eat in Jumbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Are the takeaways open tonight ??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

GodlessM wrote: »

Jumbo is gone downhill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Mc Love wrote: »
    Chinese Palace do a delivery service, I'm sure they'd cover Raheen. they are in Roxboro!

Delivery is no good for all you can eat :pac:
    Although I will keep them in mind if getting take away. It a pain trying to figure out the good places in a new city.
    GodlessM wrote: »

You are right. Must have a look. Jumbo doesnt seem popular. Think I was in a place called Jumbo in England years ago and it seemed fine. Not sure if it is a chain or coincidence.
    Are the takeaways open tonight ??

Most seem to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

The takeaways are open tonight. Most of them anyway

Not a chain I'd wager.

Ate in Aroi yesterday - Nice simple menu with some decent choices for all. Felt the side dishes/starters were a bit limited though.

Spotless place with really lovely staff. Food was good - well presented and fresh with none of that sticky/salty msg-y after taste.

I felt 10e was a touch too expensive for the dish i ordered as it was a veggie dish (with a small portion of rice) but overall i liked it in there.

I dont know if i will rush back as the Japanese place has more options but Aroi is well worth trying. I hope they do really well there.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭timesnewroman

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

I'm happy they're doing so well, the place is packed every time I'm in there.

The staff are great and I love the fact that the chef/owner comes to check on every table to make sure everyone is happy.

Everything I've tried has been great so far. My friend had the chargrilled catch of the day (hake, I think) that's mentioned in the article and said it was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Few of us went for dinner tonight in Chung's Cuisine in Castletroy, was quite nice actually and very reasonable prices, student deal included main course and a drink for €10, (€8 if takeaway).

We all really enjoyed the meal. Not quite up at the standard of Zwe-Ton or the Jasmine Palace but still very nice considering the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,490 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Went to Kaya yesterday and must say I quite enjoyed it.
    Great food and the lunch menu was good value, my son really enjoyed their kids menu too.
    I had Pad Thai and my partner had the Nasi Goreng which were both excellent.
    Only downside was the chronically slow service, that said the staff were great to deal with when they were at our table.
    We will definitely be back and hopefully the table management system will be more in hand next time round:)

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

Was in jasmine last night and I have to say it was terrible. The food was just bland and this is not usually the case. Has someone else taken it over. Cups chipped very sloppy. Not usual high standards I normally love jazmine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Gmail

Hope I'm not hijacking this thread folks - didn't want to start a new thread. I will be in Limerick for the night on Sunday with the other half.
    We are staying city center and I am looking for a recommendation for lunch and dinner on Sunday?
    I have read through a fair bit of this thread and had planned to hit Freddys but when I looked into it they are closed on Sundays - gutted!
    We are both open to all types of food. We have previously eaten in Chocolat and Hamptons and one or two other places where the names escape me right now. So ideally somewhere different.
    Also - plan to spend part of Monday in the city taking in the sights and am looking for a cafe recommendation for tea/coffe and a nice slice of cake?
    Thanks

Advertisement