Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Irish Rugby Jersey Sponsors?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

I agree. This is a big deal between Puma and the IRFU, and especially now that Ireland won the Grand Slam.

I would say Puma will design a new jersey for Ireland. I can't see them just changing the colours on the Bath jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

can we get rid of the cow**** green and bring back the emerald green of old. the current jersey is absolutely fugly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Serenity Now!

theKramer wrote: »
    Jesus. That actually looks pretty sweet. I could actually see myself wearing that :)

Send it off to Puma, and make millions.....

The actual shirt would already have been designed and ticketed for delivery in time for august.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ALH-06

Brilliant effort BOX, that's a great looking jersey.

But I don't think I've ever seen a Puma jersey I've actually liked - I fear it's gonna be pretty horrendous!

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭theKramer

The actual shirt would already have been designed and ticketed for delivery in time for august.

*Sigh* I wasnt being serious. It is a damn nice design tho :)

• Advertisement

bleg wrote: »
    can we get rid of the cow**** green and bring back the emerald green of old. the current jersey is absolutely fugly.

Re-jigged the colours (Used your 3D image B0X, hope you don't mind?) to a brighter more emerald green.

3443645971_bb00871899.jpg

Too bright. Too bright :cool: :cool:

Make it a paler green. Its getting close to perfection though.

Note: I hope you conformed to the terms of copyright when you changed the colours of BOX's design :D:D

How about this:
    3444506302_90dc9942c6.jpg

Perfect :)

Now lets all band together and start a petition to get Puma to use that design, even though they might have already finalised another design :p

P.S. Noopti, you must be doing as little as me at work if you have the time to immediately respond to my post about the brightness of the colours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Junior

Jesus it looks very rugby league all the same ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Noopti wrote: »
    How about this:
    3444506302_90dc9942c6.jpg

I doubt any sponsor would want a coloured band interfering with their logo...

theKramer wrote: »
    Perfect :)

Now lets all band together and start a petition to get Puma to use that design, even though they might have already finalised another design :p

P.S. Noopti, you must be doing as little as me at work if you have the time to immediately respond to my post about the brightness of the colours :D

erm.....I'm very busy!!

I am not too gone on the design tbh.
    I really like simple jersey designs. If they designed a very simple, green jersey with now wierd flashes, arm designs etc I would be happy.
    Like this: ;)
    Edit: Oops, forgot the sponsor. One second.....here we go:
    3444551062_ce771a4cb0_o.png

We could be called the "All Greens"........ :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Either design is nice, I'd personaly go for the 3d model as I like the tightness (sounds pervy). Am I correct in saying that I read somewhere the IRFU were also looking at changing the crest design? Something about an all Ireland design although I can't see whats wrong with the current one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

those last two are really nice i think.

Either design is nice, I'd personaly go for the 3d model as I like the tightness (sounds pervy). Am I correct in saying that I read somewhere the IRFU were also looking at changing the crest design? Something about an all Ireland design although I can't see whats wrong with the current one?

The 2nd one is the All Blacks jersey, which has the same "tight" fitting as most jerseys these days. You just can't see it from the pic because it is not on a player. Maybe I will edit an actual All Black player shot.......Richie McCaw for Ireland!!

Don't see the point in changing the crest......it's not like is has a tri-colour element or anything.

Ok, here is the second design....in action so to speak. Apparently McCaw has an Irish Great Grandmother and the rules limiting which country you played previously for have been abolished. :p

3443768867_e59b57fa44_o.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

I whole heartily endose this picture :) and the new jersey.
    Ah sure Auld Misses McCaw, she was a fierce woman, I rememeber hitting a rugby ball into her garden, never to be seen again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭smoc

acontadino wrote: »
    i wish nike would sponsor us;

Nike can go to hell. I used to work in a sports store and I refused to Sell Nike to anyone when possible. I used to convince them otherwise or pretend we didnt have the size. Nike run slave shops in South America and support child labour and this is widely known but yet no one gives a bollocks! :mad: Why I dont know?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 topcelt

[quote=
    smoc
    ;59842919]Nike can go to hell. I used to work in a sports store and I refused to Sell Nike to anyone when possible. I used to convince them otherwise or pretend we
    didnt
    have the size. Nike run slave shops in South America and support child labour and this is widely known but yet no one gives a bollocks! :mad: Why I
    dont
    know?!?[/quote]
    who are you to deny these kids the chance to earn money?
    anyway i want a jersey, any maker with no gaudy
    sponsor
    sticker on the front unless they agree to pay me to wear it
    i have not bought any jersey for many years for this reason and i suspect there are many others who feel the same

smoc wrote: »
    Nike can go to hell. I used to work in a sports store and I refused to Sell Nike to anyone when possible. I used to convince them otherwise or pretend we didnt have the size. Nike run slave shops in South America and support child labour and this is widely known but yet no one gives a bollocks! :mad: Why I dont know?!?

:rolleyes:

Pick any label of a popular sports label and the same will apply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭dingbat

smoc wrote: »
    Because there are a lot of economic arguments that are in favour of what you call "slave shops". It may be unpalatable for you to accept, or even to contemplate, but for many of these kids it's actually better that they are paid a pittance for labour rather than paid nothing and left to starve.

Don't really think this post is about discussing the ethical or moral implications of buying gear from certain manufacturers.....

Noopti wrote: »
    Don't really think this post is about discussing the ethical or moral implications of buying gear from certain manufacturers.....

Exactly.

By the way, do you know how to put a collar on to BOX's design? I think it would look even better with a small collar, like the Leicester or Ospreys jerseys :D

Yeah, Im going to hell. I've said and done worse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

This is the England one made by Puma. Ummmm, Not sure if I like it.

4719.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

^That's a rugby league jersey so it's bound to look different to what ours will be like, thankfully!

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Jello wrote: »
    ^That's a rugby league jersey so it's bound to look different to what ours will be like, thankfully!

Tis, but still, for a National Rugby League team you'd expect better!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

When are they releasing the jerseys?

Depp wrote: »
    When are they releasing the jerseys?
    Team wears them for the first time in August at pre-season camp so after that would make sense, wouldn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

New training jerseys

http://www.inpho.ie/fotoweb/search-results.fwx?folderid=5005&columns=5&rows=4&search=IPTC103%20contains%20270709_05

Identical to St Helens design

Also the new crest keeps me thinking im looking at Wales train not Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I really like that black one.

Advertisement