Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Irish Rugby Jersey Sponsors?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ALH-06

twinytwo wrote: »
    U think if cant/puma had a brain they would let the fans choose what design to use.. Would it not be better to say have a compo where people sent in their designs pick the best 5 and have a vote on the irish rugby website?? at least then you would know they would sell

They'll sell anyway, no matter what the design. Letting the fans choose / design their own shirt seems a bit simplistic - there's an awful lot of money in this deal and Puma will do their homework on how to maximise their profits.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Old boys network's a bit harsh. And anyway, a rake of those old boys went to school with lads who ended up as leading figures in banking, law, finance, etc, which certainly helps.

:p
    I was refering to the IRFU of old especially in the 80's and 90's when I went up to club rugby and it was an old boys network and if the blazer fits kind of attitude but credit where it's due they have restructured in every aspect and may be prone to some whoppers (EOS 4 year deal) but in how they have set about organising rugby both in Ireland i.e. the provincial set up and on the international stage they have to be commended as probably the best of the home unions and this deal just highlights that even more especially since the FAI extended their deal with Umbro for 20 million till 2020 it shows how far we have come as a game cause if you suggested that as possible in 1990 you would have been laughed out of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

wexican wrote: »
    Quite different? As long as it's still blue i'm happy!
    Yeah I hope it's proper blue though and not navy.

A bit of gold back in it would be nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Here's one i did, i think it looks pretty good, but then again, i'm sure Puma knows what they're doing :pac:

jerseycopy.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

B0X wrote: »
    Here's one i did, i think it looks pretty good, but then again, i'm sure Puma knows what they're doing :pac:

jerseycopy.png

SO, you've basically taken the side panelling from the last one and added to a hybrid 03 worldcup/current jersey. The bra lines are bad enough on the current jerseys but did you really have to add what looks like a g-string.:pac:

• Advertisement

but did you really have to add what looks like a g-string.:pac:

As a matter of fact, yes, yes I did. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I'll kindly have you know its referred to as a Dong Thong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

stephen_n wrote: »
    I was refering to the IRFU of old especially in the 80's and 90's when I went up to club rugby and it was an old boys network and if the blazer fits kind of attitude but credit where it's due they have restructured in every aspect and may be prone to some whoppers (EOS 4 year deal) but in how they have set about organising rugby both in Ireland i.e. the provincial set up and on the international stage they have to be commended as probably the best of the home unions and this deal just highlights that even more especially since the FAI extended their deal with Umbro for 20 million till 2020 it shows how far we have come as a game cause if you suggested that as possible in 1990 you would have been laughed out of it!

Don't compare them to the FAI. They're not that bad. :pac:

Downtime wrote: »
    It has been renewed and lets just say the jerseys will be quite different that the current ones.

How do you know this, Downtime? Any more info you'd care to share with us?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Well it is the best mock-up I've seen so far! Not too bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

ALH-06 wrote: »
    How do you know this, Downtime? Any more info you'd care to share with us?!

I've seen the mock ups on paper but can't say more than that I'm afraid. They'll still be blue but no gold and they'll be a different style jersey.

Downtime wrote: »
    I've seen the mock ups on paper but can't say more than that I'm afraid. They'll still be blue but no gold and they'll be a different style jersey.

Ok cheers.

Ah pity there'll be no gold. When can we expect to see them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Here's another example of a Puma Jersey.

argentina_rugby_jersey.jpg

What what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

FATHER_TED_Down_with_this_sort_of_t.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭theKramer

Here's another example of a Puma Jersey.

argentina_rugby_jersey.jpg

What what?

:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,451 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Yeah, cotton all the way. I'm surprised that jersey manufacturers don't make them like that more often. It'd be good for shifting replica jerseys to people who wouldn't normally buy them. Ralph Lauren charge about €120 for old style rugby shirts for made up teams. There's a market worth tapping.

Blisterman wrote: »
    Yeah, cotton all the way. I'm surprised that jersey manufacturers don't make them like that more often. It'd be good for shifting replica jerseys to people who wouldn't normally buy them. Ralph Lauren charge about €120 for old style rugby shirts for made up teams. There's a market worth tapping.

The more money than sense market.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭LeoGilly

Supposedly this is the mock up for the new Ireland jersey.

irish-jersey-maybe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

please god let that be a fake.

i'm not designer but i have more designer blood in my left toe than whoever designed that in their whole body.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

please god let that be a fake.

Its definitely a fake. Sure it has a tricolour on it - its not even a believable fake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Serenity Now!

LeoGilly wrote: »
    Supposedly this is the mock up for the new Ireland jersey

Oh ffs.
    A scribe in the Tribune posts that picture in his weekly rugby gossip column and people it as read?
    The kit won't be shown until the team use it at pre-season camp in August.
    Patience, people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I'm now going to have nightmares of a luminous green nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

B0X wrote: »

jerseycopy.png

i think this one looks pretty good. Looks a little funny cuz of its cartoony look but its not bad. Maybe a slightly lighter green though.

LeoGilly wrote: »
    Supposedly this is the mock up for the new Ireland jersey.

irish-jersey-maybe.jpg

I have it on good authority that is in fact the real thing. Not alone does it have the cross on the front, around the back it has a lovely mosaic of brian boru uniting the provinces in front of a thatched cottage with a telecom eireann call-box and donkey outside. Each shirt comes with a leprechaun hat, red wig and a voucher for 3 cans of guinness. Shorts will have 'Kiss me I'm Irish' down the sides and 'Pog Mo thoin' on the arse.

Puma commenting on the design said they wanted 'to sell more shirts to fat yanks'.

suppafly wrote: »
    i think this one looks pretty good. Looks a little funny cuz of its cartoony look but its not bad. Maybe a slightly lighter green though.

Once again, I can't help but look at the g-string on it.

Once again, I can't help but look at the g-string on it.
    Tis gone, i just realised though... i really need to brush up on the auld 3D :pac:
    jerseycopy.png

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭theKramer

Jesus. That actually looks pretty sweet. I could actually see myself wearing that :)

Send it off to Puma, and make millions.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

That really is a good looking jersey. I have a feeling that since manufacturers tend to copy the same style of jersey for several teams (especially addidas and canterbury) that there's probably some team wearing a jersey similar to the one the Irish team will eventually wear rather than something original.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 patzer

GDM wrote: »
    That really is a good looking jersey. I have a feeling that since manufacturers tend to copy the same style of jersey for several teams (especially addidas and canterbury) that there's probably some team wearing a jersey similar to the one the Irish team will eventually wear rather than something original.

True,

and if you need a reference for the overall shape of Pumas current jersey, have a look at Baths

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

I'd estimate the new jersey will be a new design.

Take our current one for example, before Canterbury released this design did any club have it? I don't believe so. So my guess is there'll be a new template.

But I do like that one above.

Advertisement