Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Irish Rugby Jersey Sponsors?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I really like that black one.

me too, funnily enough I think a lot of the training tops for provinces and countries have been nicer than jerseys in recent times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

I don't think it looks bad at all. Can't wait to see the proper home one now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 big neilly

The black ones pretty decent, but what is Flannery at with the American football? didnt think you could catch the ball and pray at the same time :):D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭DBraithwaite

What date are they bringing it out on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭OldJay

What date are they bringing it out on?

There is no date set for the new kit launch.

Probably around the time at the end of august/beginning of september when the team are in final pre-season camp, I would say (a lot of players are on a month's vacation at the mo).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭DBraithwaite

Justind wrote: »
    There is no date set for the new kit launch.

Probably around the time at the end of august/beginning of september when the team are in final pre-season camp, I would say (a lot of players are on a month's vacation at the mo).
    Is there any indication to what it is going to be like at the moment? pictures on google etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

ruggers_2065_7340649

Just saw this posted on Munsterfans, comes from Ruggers.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

I love it!

One thing i'll say for it - with three shades of green there's bound to be one for every taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭pajoguy

munsterfans also has the away version and a few polo tops. Animated versions so not sure if they are the real deal and if they are its hard to guage what they will be like in reality. Look good though. Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

What I'm liking about them is the crest. It was a wise choice to retain the white shield background for it, not like the black training jersey

Looking decent so far! Can't wait to see the real deal!

ruggers_2065_7340649

Thats also a photoshop job.

Really? Looked real to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

That's a pity. I really liked it. Nice normal green colour instead of the rotten CCC one

Then why do ruggers have it up?

http://www.ruggers.com/newirhoje.html

Edit: really should read the other threads on this forum... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

If that was real id buy it :(

Really? Looked real to me.
    Its taken from a Puma catalogue with Ireland details added to it hence the green mismatching in three different shades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 nalo

they also have a new Munster jearsey on ruggers, not sure if its the real thing but it look pretty sweet!! http://www.ruggers.com/newmuje.html

ruggers_2064_6710897.jpg[IMG][/img]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 everton091

Is it true the only reason they are changing the kit supplier is that Canterbury are on the verge of going bust?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

everton091 wrote: »
    Is it true the only reason they are changing the kit supplier is that Canterbury are on the verge of going bust?
    i did hear rumour to this effect. Dont know how reliable the source is though :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Canterbury Europe went bust and were bought out. Canterbury Worldwide is still fine.

Doesn't affect anyone who already had supply deals with Canterbury, eg. Leinster have already taken delivery of all their stuff for this year.

everton091 wrote: »

No. A multi-million euro 8 year deal like this doesn't exactly happen in a couple of weeks. It takes months of preparation.

Canterbury Europe went bust and were bought out. Canterbury Worldwide is still fine.

Doesn't affect anyone who already had supply deals with Canterbury, eg. Leinster have already taken delivery of all their stuff for this year.

All contracts with CCC Europe were cancelled when they went under. All current deals with them are actually brand new contracts, signed in the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

All contracts with CCC Europe were cancelled when they went under. All current deals with them are actually brand new contracts, signed in the last few weeks.

Absolutely correct. I for one know as we were affected by it and while Canterbury went under all our gear was stuck in a warehouse in the UK until a new deal was signed. Then it all arrived - and its very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

ruggers_2065_7340649

It was close alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭andrewdcs

http://www.lovell-rugby.co.uk/Rugby-Shirts/Internationals/Ireland-09-or-11-Home-SS-Authentic-Players-Rugby-Shirt
    Couldn't find any working pictures in previous pages.
    Slightly brighter green than last few years, though always v hard to tell from pics...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 nalo

gcgirl wrote: »
    It was close alright!

It was pretty much spot on!!p107523.jpg

Its taken from a Puma catalogue with Ireland details added to it hence the green mismatching in three different shades.

Ya it always struck me as odd that the leaked image on ruggers - that Justin denied was genuine - had "Since 1876" on the inside of the collar. That was too much a flourish for it not to have come from legitimate sources.

Ya it always struck me as odd that the leaked image on ruggers - that Justin denied was genuine - had "Since 1876" on the inside of the collar. That was too much a flourish for it not to have come from legitimate sources.
    It was actually a mock-up done by whoever was selling it. It was not a "leaked" image.
    The official shirt sports "Since 1874" inside the collar, by the way.
    Nothing genuine about it at all.

• Advertisement

It was actually a mock-up done by whoever was selling it. It was not a "leaked" image.
    The official shirt sports "Since 1874" inside the collar, by the way.
    Nothing genuine about it at all.

You're saying that a seller came up with that themselves. Because if that's just guesswork then it's one hell of a lucky mock-up. I'd like to see ruggers mock up of the lottery results if that's the case because they've powers bordering on the psychic.

Advertisement