Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unified Dublin (inside M50) Survival Plan

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭pandemonium

I shall endeavor to make my way cross country and join you guys after my own period of organisation and planning, maybe by commandeering one of the boats in the sea outside my house,and hoping to **** i have someone who can drive it

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

I shall endeavor to make my way cross country and join you guys after my own period of organisation and planning, maybe by commandeering one of the boats in the sea outside my house,and hoping to **** i have someone who can drive it

steal the Ulysses ferry, we'll sail around the coast and pick up any of ye culchies that want a lift. invest in a hang-glider to get on-board, cause this boat ain't stoppin. plenty of seaward cliffs that side of the country, right? :D

also, i'm not stopping in cork. they have their own navy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

Kromdar wrote: »
    steal the Ulysses ferry, we'll sail around the coast and pick up any of ye culchies that want a lift. invest in a hang-glider to get on-board, cause this boat ain't stoppin. plenty of seaward cliffs that side of the country, right? :D

also, i'm not stopping in cork. they have their own navy :p
    yeah but then again they're in cork XD

Theres a car ferry about 15 minute drive from me, crosses the shanon speculation between clare and kerry, could somehow steal that

you'd have to be quick.... and use brute force :P
    come get me will ya? XD

• Advertisement

Hehe I'll batt my eyes and hope for the best! Course I'll pick you up. You can use guns XD

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Im talking about maybe stealing a boat and sailing to say England or Continental Europe.
    You want to leave an island with 4 million potential zombies for a continent with hundreds of millions of potential zombies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭X AcT X EviL

ScumLord wrote: »
    You want to leave an island with 4 million potential zombies for a continent with hundreds of millions of potential zombies?

Yeah, sounds like common sense to me..... I'm saying this as this thread is about an outbreak in Ireland, so if I go abroad, no zombies.

Hehe I'll batt my eyes and hope for the best! Course I'll pick you up. You can use guns XD
    ahh so you do have smarts! and gutsy! whatever that ACTUALLY is :s :P

Yeah, sounds like common sense to me..... I'm saying this as this thread is about an outbreak in Ireland, so if I go abroad, no zombies.
    you on the other hand dont seem to have so much of the things mentioned above :P

• Advertisement

To think you ever doubted me XD

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Kilmainham Jail? I have never been into it - but surely a jail would offer a good amount of the perimeter defences potential (walls, guards posts) required - especially considering it's an abandoned jail so no mobs of people to spread the outbreak - the downside would be the food situation. but fixable I'm sure.

mayordenis wrote: »
    Kilmainham Jail? I have never been into it - but surely a jail would offer a good amount of the perimeter defences potential (walls, guards posts) required - especially considering it's an abandoned jail so no mobs of people to spread the outbreak - the downside would be the food situation. but fixable I'm sure.
    yeah this could be interesting, we spoke about it a while back, the only thing is we'd need quite a large number of people to defend it properly and the weapons situation wouldn't be helped in a dreadfully old, old fashioned, deserted, tourist attraction, prisons keep things in, not out :D
    To think you ever doubted me XD
    I never doubted! I just.... needed comfirmation :pac:

Yeah yeah, bow down to my Awesomeness

mayordenis wrote: »

thats actually a good idea. i mean, sure theres probably no resources inside it. but think about it, if we were to take over a prison as our fortress, why not go for one that actually has no prisoners inside? you've also got the train tracks nearby and the link to the track that goes under the phownix park and next to mcKee barracks...

interesting...

Yeah yeah, bow down to my Awesomeness
    lol
    so so far we've got,
    1. hold up in your house a couple of days prepping your evac (food, weapons, transport ie. bike)

2.make our way into town and meet at rendevous 1 which will either consist of a pub (which will be considered at beers :P) or that gallery next to leinster house

3. pick up any out of town boardsies and move into trinity clearing and barricading asap

thats actually a good idea. i mean, sure theres probably no resources inside it. but think about it, if we were to take over a prison as our fortress, why not go for one that actually has no prisoners inside? you've also got the train tracks nearby and the link to the track that goes under the phownix park and next to mcKee barracks...

interesting...
    there's the problem
    mcKee, its all well and good takin it over but what about when the government TRY to kick into action, they'll take the prison for survivors, we'll be in tyhe open and if we wanna stand again the defence forces we'll need something a little bigger than a few machete's

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    lol
    so so far we've got,
    1. hold up in your house a couple of days prepping your evac (food, weapons, transport ie. bike)

2.make our way into town and meet at rendevous 1 which will either consist of a pub (which will be considered at beers :P) or that gallery next to leinster house

3. pick up any out of town boardsies and move into trinity clearing and barricading asap

So if the ferry or boat for some crazy reason doesnt work out,you'll come rescue me? XD

So if the ferry or boat for some crazy reason doesnt work out,you'll come rescue me? XD
    lol
    hmmm.... you'll have to atleast attempt toget up here yourself :P
    maybe though.... maybe XD

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

lol
    so so far we've got,

I like it except the part of holding up in your house for days at the start. Thats the most important time to do clearing and 'cading. I say

1) Grab your Zom Kit from home, or whatever you need, as soon as you get the first warning of zoms.

2) Make the most direct route to Trinity and close ,lock and re-enforce the perimeter as quickly as possible

3) Quarantine any survivors into the tennis courts, you should have some persuasion in your Zom Kit.

4) Patrol the perimeter and save any wondering survivors that show up

5) Organize the re-capture of Dublin City Center

• Advertisement

smegmar wrote: »
    I like it except the part of holding up in your house for days at the start. Thats the most important time to do clearing and 'cading. I say

1) Grab your Zom Kit from home, or whatever you need, as soon as you get the first warning of zoms.

2) Make the most direct route to Trinity and close ,lock and re-enforce the perimeter as quickly as possible

3) Quarantine any survivors into the tennis courts, you should have some persuasion in your Zom Kit.

4) Patrol the perimeter and save any wondering survivors that show up

5) Organize the re-capture of Dublin City Center

I ask people to wait coz think about it, everyone will straight away try and act out town will be flooded, infection WILL be rife, trinity will be in a mess, if we wait the Z's and survivors will have calmed down a bit and we'll be a lot free...-er... to move
    it'll be grand

Well obviously i'm gonna try! I'm not some helpless pansy type of woman that needs minding, (i just look that way) its just nice to think that i wont be setting off in search of nothing with no friends (on the basis that mine are dead)

I ask people to wait coz think about it, everyone will straight away try and act out town will be flooded, infection WILL be rife, trinity will be in a mess, if we wait the Z's and survivors will have calmed down a bit and we'll be a lot free...-er... to move
    it'll be grand

by "calmed down" do you mean eaten?

If we get in while it's flooded and quarantine the survivors quickly, we can separate the infected from the healthy and save many lives while bolstering out numbers, which is always good for defense.

if we delay zoms could be hidden in all the rooms and later compromise the base.

If we get in while it's flooded and quarantine the survivors quickly, we can separate the infected from the healthy and save many lives while bolstering out numbers, which is always good for defense.

if we delay zoms could be hidden in all the rooms and later compromise the base.
    eaten.... honestly? yeah pretty much, gives us less hassle while fair enough being completely inhumane, we can't afford to be heroes all the time, we'er gonna have to get ourselves really set up instead of just locking up the prison with (what could in theory be up to 100) survivors with no idea of times or how to feed them all, keep the group small, we'll be able to clear out the building room by room, after the wek or two, instead of being trapped in a crowd where one infected turns to 60 with no hope of escape

If we get in while it's flooded and quarantine the survivors quickly, we can separate the infected from the healthy and save many lives while bolstering out numbers

you see, zombies strength is in numbers, so if one z gets into a crowd, turns into 3, 9, 27, etc. the less people you come into contact with, the better.
    while securing trinity or locking it down or whatever is a good idea; i'd still prefer to be in a smaller well organised group than in a large, barely managed horde of would-be survivors. as you've so valiantly pointed out before they may be emotionally attached to the infected as to cause some sort of breach, further infection, and hence loss of control. you'd want to be one badass negotiator to take control of such a crowd. best of luck to you.

in the mean time i'll be designing a macguyver bridge between the roof of the museum and the dental hospital.

you see, zombies strength is in numbers, so if one z gets into a crowd, turns into 3, 9, 27, etc. the less people you come into contact with, the better.
    while securing trinity or locking it down or whatever is a good idea; i'd still prefer to be in a smaller well organised group than in a large, barely managed horde of would-be survivors. as you've so valiantly pointed out before they may be emotionally attached to the infected as to cause some sort of breach, further infection, and hence loss of control. you'd want to be one badass negotiator to take control of such a crowd. best of luck to you.

in the mean time i'll be designing a macguyver bridge between the roof of the museum and the dental hospital.
    it's great coz he's good with cold blooded things too :pac:
    *raises hand for high five and waits hopefully* :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

I think Dublin Port would be a good option.

Probably limited to the northside port.

dublin6qv.jpg

1. limited access, I think there are only 3 entrances, all with gates.
    2. Shipping containers can easily be moved to block the entrances.
    3. Shipping containers could be used to construct lines of defence.
    4. There should be ample food and fuel.
    5. Fuel in the depots could be used for flame throwers.
    6. heavy machinery could be used for breakout or to rescue others.
    7. a ferry service to the isle of man ( to be renamed Nirvana) could be established to evacuate the population

i'd still prefer to be in a smaller well organised group than in a large, barely managed horde of would-be survivors.

I don't want to be running round the streets with a crowd of 100 idiot survivors with me, but they are better as an idiot survivor then a zombie. So just capture as many people as you can, lock them away in all the rooms of Trinity and only take small groups of trained survivors out to do hunting clearing, gathering.

we all know women aren't the best at those sort of things but we will need them later, for humanities sake. While they're in the base they can do menial tasks e.g cooking, sorting through scavenge, caring for children etc etc. people who can't fight might be a big help rebuilding society when the zoms are gone. So we need to save as many as possible.

One survivor saved means we've one more round in our guns, which we will need

it's great coz he's good with cold blooded things too :pac:
    *raises hand for high five and waits hopefully* :P

*hi-fives*

go team MacGuyver!

• Advertisement

I think that the Docklands is perfect. The cranes can easily shift those containers plus all the delicious contraband inside them,mmm. Would be very hard to lock down though and we could break down containers to fortify cars and the like for scouting parties. Or we could all just hijack a boat and head out to one of the islands. Maybe the Aran Islands in the long term?:pac:

Advertisement