Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midlands Airsoft Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

kimmyt1987 wrote: »
    No NO. PLUMBED IN!
    Some nice underfloor heating, and a bath and a shower
    with hot running water to combat the frostbite! :)

ok this is a complete stab in the dark (excuse the pun) but u've never been kidnapped have u :D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kimmyt1987

Every time Im feckin down there I get taken hostage! ;)
    I think I have been far to nice to my captors in the past!!!
    This time im gonna be a demanding little brat!
    Anyway, how else do we all thaw out if we get this
    snow we are being promised ;)

This time im gonna be a demanding little brat!

Now now don't be bold i wasn't joking when i said we'd water board ya :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

Hence we got the plumbing sorted! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

800xs.jpg
    Santa travels via Marine helicopter to the isolated tribal village

• Advertisement

Guys a local village Ballinalee has asked us for help they are trying to get a mobile Defibulator unit for the village, these units are very important for these areas as sometimes the emergency services cannot reach the sick or injured for quite a while and one of the units in the village can mean the difference between life & death.

So to get this Unit they need to collect 500 Mobile phones and they have asked if we can help them out this sunday, so if you have an old phone doesnt matter if its broken once it still has its battery bring it down with ya and all the phones collected i will pass on to the residence association of Ballinalee

so checks your drawers and presses and lets see if we can help them out

Should have 1 or 2 knocking about.

check list for sunday:

water resistant bdu's - check

flask of hot coffee - check

therm's - check

Snow suit - check

Fresh can of whoop ass - check

let the ultimate Christmas battle commence :D

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭mafiaboy

Hold on did some one say cake
    Mick Andy get your siht together where rolling to Mac :pac::pac::pac:

mafiaboy wrote: »
    Hold on did some one say cake

we got pie we got pudding we got choco's :D

• Advertisement

ok so we got a good bit of snow yesterday, not a biblical amount has not snowed since about 10 last night, main roads are fine been gritted back roads are slippy so we will see later on what its like

we will have a refreshments tent tomorrow, flasks tea / coffee and snacks, we will have armed personal on the tent "moggy" :D

if you can make it down please make sure you bring warm clothes and spare batteries

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

Stone.cold wrote: »
    we will have a refreshments tent tomorrow, flasks tea / coffee and snacks, we will have armed personal on the tent "moggy" :D

and how exactly will that stop me?

any way on a serious note will them back roads be ok trev?

moggser wrote: »
    any way on a serious note will them back roads be ok trev?

Driven on slowly there ok going take a spin up to the site later to see what the roads up there are like but i will say to anyone coming down if you dont feel comfortable driving in these conditions then don't we will have other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

when ya do that lets know so
    i dont mind as long as they aint to bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

I am going to make a call on this in the morning. I will have to look at the forecast for later in the day as well cos I don't want to get caught having to drive back with shi'ite weather. The east is supposed to get a fair amount of sneachta on Sunday afternoon/evening.

moggser wrote: »
    when ya do that lets know so
    i dont mind as long as they aint to bad

Ok so chuck went in around longford and i took a spin out around the back roads, longford roads in and out well gritted and pretty much clear of snow, the back roads are drivable once you dont hit them like a bat out of hell.

Once again attendance tomorrow is 100% up to the individual. it just means more mince pies for us, the site will be open and theres no rush.

Tommyboy71 wrote: »
    I am going to make a call on this in the morning.

No problem at all Tommy let me know what u decide :)

The Santa Stopper

IMG_3264.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭A.T.F

hahaha break out the winter warfare kit :):)

A.T.F wrote: »
    hahaha break out the winter warfare kit :):)

check list for sunday:

water resistant bdu's - check

flask of hot coffee - check

therm's - check

Snow suit - check

Fresh can of whoop ass - check

let the ultimate Christmas battle commence :D

Let the Games commence :D

• Advertisement

Guys

The site will be open for 9 am tomorrow

there is no rush if your attending the game will commence when everyone has arrived

the good news is where i am at least its not freezing

Dont forget any old mobile phones if u have them

IF YOUR MAKING THE TRIP PLEASE DRIVE CAREFULLY

Guys a local village Ballinalee has asked us for help they are trying to get a mobile Defibulator unit for the village, these units are very important for these areas as sometimes the emergency services cannot reach the sick or injured for quite a while and one of the units in the village can mean the difference between life & death.

So to get this Unit they need to collect 500 Mobile phones and they have asked if we can help them out this sunday, so if you have an old phone doesnt matter if its broken once it still has its battery bring it down with ya and all the phones collected i will pass on to the residence association of Ballinalee

help out if u can

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

help out if u can
    I have a few will get them down to you over the Christmas

David

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kimmyt1987

Disgusted :(

Disgusted :(

Not to worry Kimmy it cant be helped :)

ok so this is from AA Roadwatch *M4/N4* Very icy on the M4 Dublin/Sligo Rd near Mullingar. * N55 Athlone/Ballymahon Rd icy at Ballykeeran Hill.

Guys the site will be open, but it is totally up to the individuals if they attend, if you are making the trip please drive carefully

MerryChristmas.jpg

What a way to close 2010 for M.A.C, i want to say a huge thank you to everyone that braved the roads to come down to us today, a big thank you to Chuck for being our Santa.

an amazing days gaming, great craic in the car park.

Thats MAC closed now for the holidays we re-open on the 9th of January and sincerely hope to see you all back down in the new year.

Merry Christmas to you all

p.s to the guys that left early we did u proud Santa went down in a blaze of glory RIP Big Guy :D

p.s to the guys that left early we did u proud Santa went down in a blaze of glory RIP Big Guy :D

And took a good few of ye out with just a pistol, who says that a green gas pistol won't work at -3c! :eek:

Thanks to everyone who made it down, I'm glad to say the roads were no where near as bad as I was expecting.

I have to say Mick and Andy ye were great craic as my prison guards, I had a great laugh until ye shot me :(

The original and best Santa game!

And Moggy sorry about the lack of tea but at least you got some mince pies to munch on.

Pictures from today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Great games today. Cold weather didn't hamper the day at all. Fair play to Trev and Shadow Company for putting on another excellent day. Cheers to everyone who braved the taboggan run of a road to the site.

• Advertisement

Tommyboy71 wrote: »
    Cheers to everyone who braved the taboggan run of a road to the site.

if u taught that was bad, I'm glad the game was yesterday & not today -14 in Longford this morning and the roads were lethal

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement