Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Season 2009

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Cool. Can't wait for Tuesday now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

OK, I emailed Astro for clarification.

The season doesn't start until April 14th after all.

Amended fixture list now published.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Can we get 2 friendlies again next week?

Can we get 2 friendlies again next week?

I'm not available for 2 friendlies, so I'll just book one with Astro.

Although, that's not stopping the rest of you organising one if you want.

Not sure I can make a Tuesday match. Have training Thursday so out of that. Will defo miss last game of season now. Hope we have it all sown up by then!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Do we have a game for this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Let's assume we could get a pitch and at least 11 players (both pretty likely I'd say) - do we have options for opposition?

If we have opposition, I'd say we can make a match happen - I can help with booking the pitch if needed but we need opposition first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Did we not say Thursday night against Ian's work team at 8 in Colmcilles? (I may have dreamt this up!)

Just spoke to Terence in Astro, there are no pitches available this week

Not good as we always tend to be rusty after time off. But I wouldn't have been able to play either day so I'm meh to that :D

• Advertisement

I'm not too pushed myself, I want a week off :)

Yeh, it's been ages since we had a break alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Des wrote: »
    Just spoke to Terence in Astro, there are no pitches available this week

I was thinking that alright with alot of the schools being closed (lucky feckers) that it might be hard to get a pitch.

I'll be playing a couple of 6 a side games, so should keep me sharp enough.. i hope :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

we dont tend to react too well from "breaks" in all fairness. we should at least aim for a 5 a side or somehting on thursday.

OK.

New season upon us, starting on Tuesday.

I have something to say.

If a player hasn't paid me by Tuesday, or at least made an effort to pay me, then they will NOT be selected to play until they have paid.

Jules paid on his Credit Card, and I am actually out of pocket as of today, from paying Jules the money owed to him.

Now, neither of us will be doing this any more.

Either pay on time, or walk away.

I will not be booking our place in any more leagues without the money to back it.

If the starting eleven next week looks a bit strange, this is the reason. If the subs brought on next week look strange, this is the reason.

I don't care if Stephen Ireland turns up and asks to play, if he hasn't paid, he won't get on.

Simple as that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement