Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Season 2009

Options
  • 18-02-2009 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Not many places left in this league, so I need a Credit Card from someone to secure the place in the league.

Anyone can do this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The cost will be the usual €120 to cover League Fees, Referees, Kit Washing and Footballs.

I'll be sending ONE TEXT MESSAGE with the bank details, if you pay, you play, if you don't, well hard luck, you don't get a place in the squad.

So, to re-iterate.

Pay me €120 by March 14th, or you are not in the squad.

Bank Details :

Account : 46761278
    Sort Code : 90-04-71
    Account Name : Boardeaux
    Branch : Coolock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Can you email astro and ask them what dates the season will run from? If I get a job I've applied for in the summer I'll miss 6 weeks definitely and I'm off to Eastern Europe in 2nd week of August for a couple of months. If I just miss the 6 weeks I'll still join up but if I'll miss games in August as well there's probably no point.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

how much is needed to secure a place? if the money is there and can be trasferred into my account first, u can use mine but i will need the money first to clear it a day in advance as my cc is nearly at limit.

just a side note, remember your man terence gave us 2 bank accounts before without needing a credit card, can we do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Can you email astro and ask them what dates the season will run from? If I get a job I've applied for in the summer I'll miss 6 weeks definitely and I'm off to Eastern Europe in 2nd week of August for a couple of months. If I just miss the 6 weeks I'll still join up but if I'll miss games in August as well there's probably no point.

Due to start on the week commencing 6th April, running for 18-20 weeks I guess which will see it end somewhere between the first and third week in August.

Iago wrote: »
    Due to start on the week commencing 6th April, running for 18-20 weeks I guess which will see it end somewhere between the first and third week in August.

are u interested in playing for us? a little birdie said you were :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I can put it on my card Des. Can talk about details when I get home tomorrow.

I can put it on my card Des. Can talk about details when I get home tomorrow.

Thanks Jules

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Des : PM

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

are u interested in playing for us? a little birdie said you were :cool:

possibly, would love to but it depends whether I can fit it in or not.

I'm running the company team which seems to be mostly Thursdays, and I've told the Ravenhill lads that I'll continue giving them a dig out which is Tuesdays.

So if you're playing on Mondays or Wednesdays then more than likely I'll step forward for trials ;)

unfortunately I had made these commitments early on, which has limited my options :(

Cheers for that Gary. I'll transfer money over so even though I may miss those six weeks.

• Advertisement

Money sent.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Same bank details as the winter season?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Will the fixtures be on the same days?

Will the fixtures be on the same days?

Tuesday Only

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Cheers Des, we'll have a few cup games i presume too??

Sorry I was getting the ball when this talk was going on:o

Are we having trials?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

I'd be up for coming back this summer too. Ed texted me about it earlier.

Also if we needed some friendlies again I'm sure I could whip together the work lads again and recreate those epic games of last year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

This open to everybody? :D

Doodee wrote: »
    This open to everybody? :D

If you think you are good enough to add something to the squad, then yes, it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Lodged the 120 on Wednesday lunchtime Des...not sure if my name would be on it?

Money transferred in today Des.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'll be limiting my exposure on this and waiting till I see some funds going into my account to offset against the credit card transaction before I transfer my own €120.

Fair enough Jules, the money is coming in though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

I transfered my money today. Should be there in the next few days

Welcome back Iain :)

Friend of mine is interested in playing. He's a winger. No point in him coming Saturday as we've half the country looking for 5 mins. Will we have friendlies?

my €120 is in.

ok, just a post to track whos in/whos out, what we need.

lads, just a point, we will need a few players (up to des/mikie as to how many), if we are bringing new lads down, they must be quality and must add to the squad ans must be good enough to warrant a start every week. we have some terrific players and all we are short is 1/2 extra quality players who will turn us from challengers to the best team in it.we may also need a few players to replace the ones that are not around for the summer.

so, here is the list. im not sure whos in/out so maybe you can update yourself if your in/out and if you have paid. i think that theres 4 of the squad below that are not able to play/not interested in playing in the summer but i will let some 1 else confirm maybe.

Daryl -
    Clayton -

Martin - YES and PAID
    Ed - YES and PAID
    Dan -
    Michael - YES and PAID
    Keith - YES and PAID
    Cathal -
    Mick Mc -

Larry-
    Lepo -
    Derek -
    Peter -
    Gav - YES AND PAID
    Mark -
    Gar -
    Dave -

Art - YES and PAID
    Eddie - YES and PAID
    Ciaran -
    Jules - YES

New Additions -

Iain - YES and PAID.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Friend of mine is interested in playing. He's a winger. No point in him coming Saturday as we've half the country looking for 5 mins. Will we have friendlies?

Hardly be time for friendlies, the season starts on 7th April

Might be one or two weeks where it's possible?

But with the snow coming back, god knows if there will even be games next week.

arts money is in now too.

• Advertisement

There are more people paid up too, Gav for one, Eddie too, a few others.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement