Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Season 2009

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    I still haven't decided if I'll play for the next season. But I'll leave my money in there until you have enough. Just in case.
    How come Martin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

With Peter dropping out I'm travelling two hours to games and two hours back. Tough enough going plus with us bringing in new players that's bound to mean some games I'll be travelling all that way just to get ten minutes or so. So I'm undecided at the moment. I'm not afraid of a little competition of course so we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

ive sent out a group text there to remind lads of paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WeAreShels

I should have it by Wednesday. Absolutely broke cos I don't start work til October so if I can borrow it somehow, I'll be in for next season.

squad is looking good. for those new lads who are joining we need to emphaise the point and suppose this goes for all, there will be a vast majority of the season where we will only have a bare squad.

i will miss games with holidays, work etc, and im sure 90% of the team can say that also. the first few weeks will see 16/17 lads out im sure, we just need to be patient and take our chance when we get it.

trust me, in june/july, lads who will be there will be playing in every game as we will only have 12/13 max for each game. how we cope with absentees is the key. our summer form has always been poor and this is the main reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Just to echo what Ed is saying there, if people don't get into the team in the first few weeks, then don't lose heart, there will be weeks where you get into the team, and if you do well enough, you'll stay in the team.

Another thing.

I may not be able to make all the games myself, but we do have the assistant manager.

If ANYONE acts the twat when I'm not there, I will be told about it, and you will be dropped for the next game. I will be picking the team, as always, and sending my instructions, but any calls that are made will be from the sideline, not from the pitch.

Now, if people can't accept that, then you always have the option of walking away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Des wrote: »

Another thing.

I may not be able to make all the games myself, but we do have the assistant manager.

If ANYONE acts the twat when I'm not there, I will be told about it, and you will be dropped for the next game. I will be picking the team, as always, and sending my instructions, but any calls that are made will be from the sideline, not from the pitch.

Now, if people can't accept that, then you always have the option of walking away.

But that Assistant Manager is a Tool and Never gives me a game....oh wait a minute....

emc2 wrote: »
    But that Assistant Manager is a Tool and Never gives me a game....oh wait a minute....

:D

des, any idea when the normally mail the fixtures for the new season?

des, any idea when the normally mail the fixtures for the new season?

A couple of weeks beforehand usually.

As soon as I have them, I'll stick them up here.

I'm keeping an eye on the site too.

I know The Full Irish definitely entered the same league as us anyway, from talking to them the last day.

• Advertisement

The rivalry will be continued so :cool:

Any need for a CB or a holding CF? Des has seen me play in the Poker Forum games so he'll be able to judge if I'm at your standard. I was the tall CB.

No harm in coming along anyway.

So here is the latest.

Daryl - YES and PAID.
    Martin - YES and PAID.
    Ed - YES and PAID.
    Dan - YES and PAID.
    Michael - YES and PAID.
    Keith - YES and PAID.
    Mick Mc - YES and PAID
    Gav - YES AND PAID
    Iain - YES and PAID.
    Art - YES and PAID
    Eddie - YES and PAID
    Jules - YES and PAID
    Cathal - YES and PAID
    Clayton - YES and PAID

Playing but Unconfirmed payment -

Lepo -is planning on playing.
    Ciaran - is planning on playing.
    Dave - is planning on playing.
    Mark - is planning on playing.

New Players interested in joining the squad.

Conor -
    Theresalwaysone -
    Collie -
    Eoin -
    Kayroo -

Any need for a CB or a holding CF? Des has seen me play in the Poker Forum games so he'll be able to judge if I'm at your standard. I was the tall CB.

all new players welcome :) keep an eye on a friendly thread here hopefully for next tuesday.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

all new players welcome :) keep an eye on a friendly thread here hopefully for next tuesday.

I know we played most of our friendlies in Colmcilles/Columbas, I would suggest we have them in Wesley this time as it seems most of our game swill be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Hows it goin Lads,

Good to see you lads playing last night and to put some names to faces. Looking forward to signing up, I will be at the friendly game for sure.

Kayroo is a pretty decent player too from what Ive seen in the Poker forum games.

I know we played most of our friendlies in Colmcilles/Columbas, I would suggest we have them in Wesley this time as it seems most of our game swill be there.

wesley are c*nts. we will not be playing there in friendlies :)

Geoff is missing from the list of paid/unpaid players. So that gives us 24 players if they all commit :eek: I'm willing to sit out the friendly next Tuesday to give game time to newbies anyway. Who is sorting that friendly anyway? Are we playing against Iain's mates?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

We have a team available so will I tell them it's a go for next tuesday then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

I know Im the new guy but if we have 24 players available, why dont we have a match between ourselves?

That gives everyone 90 mins (or 60 for you unfit astro heads) and allows Des to see everyone playing for a prolonged period as opposed to switching and swapping and upsetting the flow of the game/team?

Idu wrote: »
    We have a team available so will I tell them it's a go for next tuesday then?
    Yes please.

8 O'Clock the earliest, I'm not available before then.

I know Im the new guy but if we have 24 players available, why dont we have a match between ourselves?

That gives everyone 90 mins (or 60 for you unfit astro heads) and allows Des to see everyone playing for a prolonged period as opposed to switching and swapping and upsetting the flow of the game/team?

Check out the new guy thinking he's in charge :D:D

hmm, yes i was thinking about a friendly against ourselves, but people would pull out and thats a fact. we will not have 24 in the squad there next week and anyway, its more accurate to say 21 in all fairness.

Iain, hold off a while, but we will probably go with you lot.

i have rung astro for a pitch, left vm
    des, will i get that ref or will your dad do it and we pay him 40 euro instead?????

Iain, hold off a while, but we will probably go with you lot.
    We have a definite yes from them, so why not go with them?

We'll need a second one the week after anyway...
    des, will i get that ref or will your dad do it and we pay him 40 euro instead?????

He won't do an evening game, but don't even think about asking that little spectacled prick who hates us, I'm not giving that cúnt money again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I like the initiative and you shall now forever hencewith be known as Newbie....now go fix me a drink Newbie :D

I can spot a player though and Newbie has a touch so look forward to him getting a run out - looks like we might have a good bit of competition for the middle of the park spots next season, which is well needed.

A game amongst ourselves would be a good idea at some point, but if we have the option of a friendly against organised opposition, it's a better learning experience I think, but hopefully we get to do both between now and the start of the season.

We'll need a second one the week after anyway...

errm no, the season starts the week after, so unless we play 2 next week, we only ahve one friendly. we could play a game amongest ourselves on thursday?
    He won't do an evening game, but don't even think about asking that little spectacled prick who hates us, I'm not giving that cúnt money again.

ah he is ok des, all refs are bad. hes the only contact i have :)

So is that a yes then for next Tuesday? Wanna confirm with these lads asap cos a few of them are gonna be skipping their regular training to play so dont want to give them the option of backing out

Idu wrote: »
    So is that a yes then for next Tuesday? Wanna confirm with these lads asap cos a few of them are gonna be skipping their regular training to play so dont want to give them the option of backing out

go on so, ill get the ref and the pitch hopefully!

aim for 8 in colmcilles but no guarantees.

my only hesitation was we play amongest ourselves but i think v another team is better and they were completive games the last time.

• Advertisement

Cool I'll sort that.

BTW are we going 30 mins a half or try for the 45? I'd prefer the 45 and we wouldn't mind paying for the extra hour

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement