Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Season 2009

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Idu wrote: »
    Cool I'll sort that.

BTW are we going 30 mins a half or try for the 45? I'd prefer the 45 and we wouldn't mind paying for the extra hour

I'd also prefer 45, if its possible and with so many players it will give everyone a chance at a good run and shouldn't really work out too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

90 mins is far superior. Sure whatd ya be playing 60 for. Also, If ya get the two hours we have time to warm up, talk at half time, penalty shootout etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

90 mins is far superior. Sure whatd ya be playing 60 for. Also, If ya get the two hours we have time to warm up, talk at half time, penalty shootout etc.

and the 300euro or so that that will cost! we may not get the pitch for 2 hours anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

and the 300euro or so that that will cost! we may not get the pitch for 2 hours anyway.

But when you divide it between 24 of us and say 11 off the other team thats only 10 per man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hold the page here a second.

The Full Irish have Colmcilles booked for next Tuesday at 8, and are looking for a friendly.

I'd like to play them.

What say ye?

• Advertisement

Yep, would work for me and as there is a good chance we'll be playing them again next season I give this a +1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

Do you want to play us on the Thursday then? The lads will be pretty pissed off now if they dont get a game!!

Idu wrote: »
    Do you want to play us on the Thursday then? The lads will be pretty pissed off now if they dont get a game!!

Iain, yes, we'll play your team on Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Hmmm, I reckon we'd best off not playing Full Irish tbh. They've no knowledge of new players we have, etc,. But playing them gives them a chance to have a look see. Just my two cents but anyway. Also, 90 mins makes more sense as we'd have more playing time.

so des,is this all sorted?

full irish on tuesday, they have the pitch, we will have a team

thursday, Iains team, we need a pitch, and a ref???

let me know if you need me to do anything.

• Advertisement

Gary, are Ravenhill going for Tuesday nights again this season? i.e. will you be in our league?

How are we for numbers of people who have paid?

fixtures should be on the site any minute now. from my calculations we will be division 9 and they have 5/6 divisions up already.

also, they will not be starting next week, so we need a friendly for tuesday....Iain? Full Irish? or some1 else? i could perhaps get us one on mondya night.

There's some guy looking for a friendly in the other thread stickied at the top. PM him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Gary, are Ravenhill going for Tuesday nights again this season? i.e. will you be in our league?

AFAIK yes.

I'm sure either Ravenhill or my work team could play a friendly next week, although Thursday would be better than Tuesday.

from my calculations

What calculations?

Des wrote: »
    What calculations?

i already explained that to you on thursday night!

i already explained that to you on thursday night!

10 Pints + 6 Vodaka Red Bulls + 6 Sambuca = League 9:D

I China are in Division 8 Ed..

I China are in Division 8 Ed..

as are oak tree. i have a feeling that 4/5 of the winter league will be in ours. regardless of who we play, the league is going to be difficult. i can see most teams, only scraping bare 11s all summer. we will have average squads all summer of 13/14 players max, its how we cope with that will decide how we finish the season, our summers ones are always our poorest.

• Advertisement

Glenwood, Full Irish and Ravenhill from last season. Monks and Roys Rovers from last summer season (one of these is **** and one good, can't rememeber which. Ed?) and 3 new teams (1 more not listed). It's gonna be tough no matter what. Can't wait

Des, take a look at astro.ie. Says we play Full Irish next Tuesday?

Des, take a look at astro.ie. Says we play Full Irish next Tuesday?

ya thats a strange one alright, better check it out des, one of them is wrong. Bar real are also in there lads, just changed the name. make no mistakes, this is a tough league, tougher than last season and we will need to step up a level.

here is a rough overview of the teams, maybe wrong with 1/2 results.
    Glenwood - our 3rd season v them. played 4, won 1, drew 1, lost 2.
    Raven hill - our 4th season v them, played 6, won 4, drew 2
    full irish - our 3rd season v them, won 1, lost 2, drew 1
    Bar real - our 2nd season v them, played 2, won 2
    monks - won 1, lost 1, drew 2 (2-2 and 3-3)
    Roys Rovers - i missed these games but i think we lost both, not sure.

dont know the other2 teams, possibly new ones.

tough tough league.

Which team is Bar Real?

Which team is Bar Real?

Bareassalona no???

Are you just guessing? Could possibly be them I suppose :D And, yeh, we lost twice to Roys Rovers last summer season. Though for both games we were down players and were unlucky. Nothing to fear anyway.

just had a little look there, yeah, the fixture list has changed alright, I'll take a proper look tomorrow and update accordingly.

Well, it looks like the season starts next week so.

Which suits me. As I won't be in Hungary for the title decider now :cool:

• Advertisement

Fixture list updated

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement