Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Season 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I've paid too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

So have I.

Des wrote: »
    Hardly be time for friendlies, the season starts on 7th April

Might be one or two weeks where it's possible?

But with the snow coming back, god knows if there will even be games next week.

Alright. I'll just bring him down to one of the games we've got left so will I?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

I can get a friendly perhaps against the sat team that me, mark and ciaran play for??? we have 1 free week dont we? past experiences have shown that we struggle when we are off for 2 weeks.

i will try organise for the Tuesday the 31st? Ireland play on the Wednesday v Italy. is that ok???????????????????????

anyway, how is our squad looking, how many have paid now?

Daryl - YES and PAID.
    Clayton -

Martin - YES and PAID
    Ed - YES and PAID
    Dan - YES and PAID
    Michael - YES and PAID
    Keith - YES and PAID

Cathal -
    Mick Mc - YES

Larry-
    Lepo -
    Derek -
    Peter -
    Gav - YES AND PAID
    Mark -
    Gar -
    Dave -

Art - YES and PAID
    Eddie - YES and PAID
    Ciaran -
    Jules - YES

New Additions -

Iain - YES and PAID.
    Conor - Possible.
    Collie - Possible. (jules, are you working on this?)

I think this Collie lad has already shown himself to be a bit unreliable without him actually having turned up. I'm not saying it's his fault or anything but we really need people we can rely on to be at every single game. What's the story with this Connor lad? Also my mate Eoin will hopefully be down next week. He's a winger. When Lepo missed a couple of games we were only down to Dave and Gav on the wings so a bit of cover there would be good. Also, I think Des said Derek is out next season so getting a new centre mid in is essential really. Also, I assume at this stage that Larry, Mark and possibly Gar won't be down for the new season.

• Advertisement

right, looks like we need 2/3 players in so bigtime if those lads aint playing.

losing 2 center mids in mark and derek is a big blow, thats the one area we cant afford to lose players. looks like Ian is in and hopefully conor, but we defo need one more there. try get that collie lad down anyway, once he joins up, he would commit im sure. the first game is always the hardest.

will i go ahead with that friendly on the 31st?

Mark is actually a centre half. Did anyone ask him that at the start of the year? :D

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Mark is actually a centre half. Did anyone ask him that at the start of the year? :D

you missed preseason martin, we played 7 games ;). he was CH in a few but when he played in CM, he was excellent, against some really good sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I haven't talked to Collie in years bar that game we played against him last year. Gav sees him a bit through Kenny and it's Gav that has been in touch with him, so I'll ask Gav to suss out what the story is and what Collie's ability to commit is. There would be no doubting Collie's committment but if the work stuff makes it difficult to predict availability and prevents him from showing up I can see it being a bit of a problem alright. Best find out what he reckons cos we could definitely do with that kind of player.

you missed preseason martin, we played 7 games ;). he was CH in a few but when he played in CM, he was excellent, against some really good sides.

That wasn't my point but anyway. Never said he wasn't any good in that position. Anyone talked to Mark and ask him if he's interested in playing next season?

• Advertisement

I haven't talked to Collie in years bar that game we played against him last year. Gav sees him a bit through Kenny and it's Gav that has been in touch with him, so I'll ask Gav to suss out what the story is and what Collie's ability to commit is. There would be no doubting Collie's committment but if the work stuff makes it difficult to predict availability and prevents him from showing up I can see it being a bit of a problem alright. Best find out what he reckons cos we could definitely do with that kind of player.

Cheers Jules. He was a quality player alright and if he can be available for the majority of our matches that'd be excellent. Any word on Kenny for next season?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Is the 6th April still the start date for the summer league?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Is the 6th April still the start date for the summer league?

The 7th

We will be Tuesday only for the Summer (plus Friday cup matches)

Ah the cup. We should try win it this year. Without playing a match of course. Walkovers ftw :D

look how far we have come from that 8-0 defeat to microsoft. probably the best thing that ever happened! we realiased that we didnt have the quality and got in new players, all who have made us a better team. we have played 25 games since then including 8 friendlies and only lost 3.

When was that game? Don't remember that! Think I missed a cup game last season. Was it that?

When was that game? Don't remember that! Think I missed a cup game last season. Was it that?

our last game of the summer season last year. we had the bare team, a poor team out really, we were 3-0 down after about 3 minutes. was a bad bad night, but has helped us in the long run.

Yeah, it was a cup game.

Bleedin' horrible night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Jaysus lads, don't mention the war!

Would be interesting to see how we'd do against that crowd now though...

I'd be well on for a friendly between the seasons by the way.

Ah, I remember now. I'd just broken my hand so couldn't play.

• Advertisement

well we played iona about 7 weeks later and drew 2-2. that should be an idea of the standard. we defo would run them to a goal or 2 anyway if we played them again.

Ah, I remember now. I'd just broken my hand so couldn't play.

Geoff broke both his hands during that game.

He could hardly drive to the hospital.

:D

Another thing to be mentioned is the luck of the draw when it comes to the teams in a league. In the 3 full seasons I've played now there's been a vast difference in quality. Winter 07/08, the teams at the top were Glenwood standard but the rest of the league was rubbish. Last summer then their were 5 or 6 Glenwood or above standard teams then a few terrible sides. Then this season you have every team bar a couple being fairly decent to good. I reckon our team now would have won the last winter season but not the summer season. It's all just luck of the draw stuff. So fingers crossed :)

Geoff broke both his hands during that game.

He could hardly drive to the hospital.

:D

Had forgotten about that as well :D

Updated squad list.
    Des, can you update please incase im wrong here? Apologies if ive missed somebody posting to say they have paid!

Confirmed Squad so far.

Daryl - YES and PAID.
    Martin - YES and PAID.
    Ed - YES and PAID.
    Dan - YES and PAID.
    Michael - YES and PAID.
    Keith - YES and PAID.
    Mick Mc - YES and PAID
    Gav - YES AND PAID
    Iain - YES and PAID.
    Art - YES and PAID
    Eddie - YES and PAID
    Jules - YES and PAID

Unconfirmed -

Lepo -is planning on playing.
    Cathal -is planning on playing.
    Ciaran - is planning on playing.
    Dave -
    Clayton -
    Peter -OUT
    Derek -OUT
    Mark -
    Gar -

Conor -
    Theresalwaysone -
    Collie -
    Eoin -

Eleven paid isn't good enough lads, the money has been taken from Jules' Credit Card, so we will have to use some of the subs to pay the interest on that too.

Ed, I'm not putting anyone as Confirmed, until I have seen the hard cash.

That's the way it is, nobody who hasn't paid will play or this team any more.

End of.

Eleven paid isn't good enough lads

have more than 11 paid or is my list correct?

maybe we only will have 14/15 of the current squad back for one reason or another and need to get more players in, hence why theres more money needed in.

have more than 11 paid or is my list correct?

Eleven have paid

Eleven have paid

thats poor in all fairness.

• Advertisement

I still haven't decided if I'll play for the next season. But I'll leave my money in there until you have enough. Just in case.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement