Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have you watched recently?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,558 ✭✭✭✭briany

Adam's Apples : A Danish comedy about a nazi skinhead named Adam just out of prison who is sent to work at a church as part of his parole. Adam takes personal offence at the unrelenting goody goody holy joe nature of the local reverend who is overseeing Adam's rehabilitation and also the fact that there is an Arabic man who also works the grounds. This brings about conflict as he constantly antagonises both the vicar and the Arabic man, and they him in their own ways.

I thought this was a very good film. It was a nice well paced, well scripted comedy with just a handful of actors. It could be a little bit mean spirited at times but also very funny if a little bit slow to start. 7/10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

Just watched Alien vs Predator a few hours ago.
    I felt as if I was watching a kids mash-up of the two series.AVP would impress and entertain a twelve year old endlessy;it's blend of quite mild violence,cheesy script ("the enemy of my enemy,is my friend") and hot lead actress is suitable for
    covering up endless wooden actors.
    Alien vs Predator tries and for me,fails quite badly.The lack of music,claustrophobia and heavy violence surves as a slap in the face to both series.
    I would give it a 2 out of 5.

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

Deliverance. Overrated crap. Classic my arse. The guitar/banjo scene is the only good thing about it. Southern Comfort, now there's a classic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Charlie Chaplin short "The Cure". The man was a genius & it's still as funny as it was back in 1917. I'm guessing - I wasn't around then.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,960 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Never found Chapiln funny. Not even for a second.

If I had to pick a silent film star that interested me, it would Harold Lloyd.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Is Red Lights worth watching? Nobody answered me the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

Is Prometheus worth seeing?I've heard quite mixed reviews about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭sporina

briany wrote: »
    Adam's Apples : A Danish comedy about a nazi skinhead named Adam just out of prison who is sent to work at a church as part of his parole. Adam takes personal offence at the unrelenting goody goody holy joe nature of the local reverend who is overseeing Adam's rehabilitation and also the fact that there is an Arabic man who also works the grounds. This brings about conflict as he constantly antagonises both the vicar and the Arabic man, and they him in their own ways.

I thought this was a very good film. It was a nice well paced, well scripted comedy with just a handful of actors. It could be a little bit mean spirited at times but also very funny if a little bit slow to start. 7/10

where did you get this movie? or did you watch it on line or? sounds great..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Yes!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 363 ✭✭FishBowel

On the buses movie. Political incorrectness at its funniest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,469 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Heartless nice little British Horry movie, held my attention for 2 hours, the ending leaves a lot to how the viewer to draw their own conclusions, but thought the last scene was quite emotional!

Tony EH wrote: »
    Never found Chapiln funny. Not even for a second.

If I had to pick a silent film star that interested me, it would Harold Lloyd.
    Harry Langdon was the funniest of the silent era but only made about three decent movies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Top Gun

Hmmmm, it wasn't as good as I remember through my 11 year old eyes
    I was obsessed with the film when I was young

Not anymore

Was an ok watch

The Krays

Decent film, thought it was well directed like the revolving camera shot at the funeral

Good acting, I don't realy know the other brother but I like Martin Kemp

Worth a watch
    The charecthers were pure scum anyway and I include the mother in that too, she was no saint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Eden Lake

Quite good English horror/thriller with Fassbender and Mary Morstan (hot hot hot) well worth a look , Friday night beer and movie shocker . :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

shinjuku incident

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Rose

Set on a farm in an area right on the Polish/German border after WWII

Borders are being set and people are being deported
    And if you were deemed a collaborator then god help you!

Follows an ex Polish resistance fighter, his friend died and he shacks up and moves in with his wife, helps rebuild the farm

The Russians and Polish irregulars got up to all sorts of nastiness, the Germans had treated them well and the new Polish army was doing its best to build up the country

Nasty, brutal and fairly disturbing film
    Not sure why I watched it :(

eternal wrote: »
    Is Red Lights worth watching? Nobody answered me the first time.
    Why is nobody answering me?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

yep loved it did not listen to hype before hand, treat it as a separate film and enjoy.

• Advertisement

duckysauce wrote: »

yep loved it did not listen to hype before hand, treat it as a separate film and enjoy.
    I enjoyed it as well, may as well check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

crazygeryy wrote: »
    headhunters
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1614989/

it wasnt bad at all.i liked the twists in it and the pace of it keeps you going.definitely worth the watch.

get the gringo

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1567609/

again i liked it and well worth the watch.i like mel gibson,i know he gets a lot of bad press but hes a good actor and puts out some good movies.

Just watched headhunters, cheers buddy. Great movie!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

"Missing" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1828246/ on RTE .2. last night - watched half an hour of it - utter bilge. Every cliche that that has ever appeared in an action movie and that was in the the first 30 minutes. Awful acting, worse plot - spare yourself and give this series a miss!

I had been looking forward to the new season of "The Walking Dead" but having watched the first episode last night I've gone right off it. The plot is aimless and there's only so much head smashing gore that anybody can take. It's no better than "Lost" with more zombies thrown in - too bloody formula written. I'll give it a miss in future.

I bought "Zonad" yesterday -€3 in Xtravision - and since I like Simon Delaney I know I'll enjoy it despite what the critics say. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

"Missing" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1828246/ on RTE .2. last night - watched half an hour of it - utter bilge. Every cliche that that has ever appeared in an action movie and that was in the the first 30 minutes. Awful acting, worse plot - spare yourself and give this series a miss!

I had been looking forward to the new season of "The Walking Dead" but having watched the first episode last night I've gone right off it. The plot is aimless and there's only so much head smashing gore that anybody can take. It's no better than "Lost" with more zombies thrown in - too bloody formula written. I'll give it a miss in future.

I bought "Zonad" yesterday -€3 in Xtravision - and since I like Simon Delaney I know I'll enjoy it despite what the critics say. :D

the 2nd season just gets worse and worse. once
    someone is driving along an empty road, takes their eyes off the road for literally a second and then looks up only to plough into a previously unseen zombie
    I was just "fcuk this stupid show" its full of idiotic, unlikeable characters. The hero of the show seems hellbent on getting everyone killed every week with his stupid actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

The Walking Dead is awful, it jumped the shark with
    the big bad Latino gang who are actually very nice young men who take care of the elderly

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

When the Last Sword is Drawn.

Set in the Shogun era of Japan a low ranked Samurai leaves his clan so he can support his family by joining the Shinsengumi, a group of highly paid Samurai in service to the Shogun. Shortly after the Emperor tries to regain control and the group of Samurai has to decide where their loyalties lie.

Completely blown away by this movie. Only watched it because it came up in the recommendations list in Netflix :)

10/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

*snip*

Double post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Watched REDS with my mam and dad last night, as there was absolutely nothing on telly.
    Good action movie. Non stop, and quiet funny in parts. passed away the saturday night anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Watched Goon on Netflix (US) - not nearly as funny or heartwarming as it thought it was!

• Advertisement

Battle Creek brawl - Jackie Chan movie that's not great. Set in the 1930s he fights the Mafia.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement