Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have you watched recently?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

A copy of My Neighbor Totoro might fix that! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Moonrise Kingdom:

Really enjoyable and very quirky film. The first 15-20 minutes had me thinking that this was going to be awful as I had no idea what direction the film was taking.

From there though, it did spring into life and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Some good laughs and a good cast. I rather like Ed Norton. Think he's a superb and very diverse actor.

Well worth a look.

• Site Banned Posts: 1 taaksonz

Recently i watched Men in Black III.Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones are performed very well in this movie.This movie is fulfilled with comedy and action.

Thank you!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

taaksonz wrote: »
    Recently i watched Men in Black III.Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones are performed very well in this movie.This movie is fulfilled with comedy and action.

great recommendation, i'll try to catch it this weekend

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Im genuinely surprised that post wasn't followed by download spam.

Post of the day material?

Im genuinely surprised that post wasn't followed by download spam.

maybe he is still learning how to post links

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 363 ✭✭FishBowel

Dillinger - the old Monogram movie about the famous gangster. Only 70 minutes, one of the best B movies I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Watched 'Drive' over weekend. Ryan Gosling was handsome stunt driver who was friends with Walter White. Vroom vroom. Heads split open. Ending was fulfilling yet open-ended. Kthxbye!

I went to see picture of avengers superhero at the last weekend - excellent flying and killing and many different heroes talking and making fun - this was so fulfilling of action, comedy and superhero energy, i recommend a lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,558 ✭✭✭✭briany

Basq wrote: »
    Watched 'Drive' over weekend. Ryan Gosling was handsome stunt driver who was friends with Walter White. Vroom vroom. Heads split open. Ending was fulfilling yet open-ended. Kthxbye!

Drive is a good movie but the film just can't sustain the level set by the opening five minutes nor does it try to. That's OK, it's just that sometimes you think a film is going one way and then it goes another.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭lookitsme

I was just watching the lady in the house opposite me through my curtains. Today she was wearing a lovely little pink number.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fifipie_d

http://youtu.be/KKC-FKGMeCY

Watched 'Bronson' last night. Its an interesting albeit strange watch. If you like the style of 'A Clockwork Orange' you'll finish this impressed. If not you might be alittle disturbed and confused as to what you've just viewed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

The Thing (1982).

First time I've seen it. Very good film built around suspense and paranoia. One of the best horror films I've seen. Interesting ending and a Morricone soundtrack always goes down a treat.

Nice. Dont be tempted by the remake. If you were blown away by this, the remake will annoy the feck out of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Nice. Dont be tempted by the remake. If you were blown away by this, the remake will annoy the feck out of you.

I've never seen a remake of a film (not talking about another version of a book or play) that was as good as or better than the original:

The Thing? No
    The Taking of Pelham 123? No.
    The Lady Killers? Your jokin.
    The Day THe Earth Stood Sill? Hell no.
    Pyscho? F*ck no.
    etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭lookitsme

I've never seen a remake of a film (not talking about another version of a book or play) that was as good as or better than the original:

What about Scarface, the original IS nothing special,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,696 ✭✭✭Raoul

Fright night
    Don't be afraid of the dark
    True Grit
    Any of these?
    Departed is also a remake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Duly noted.

Raoul wrote: »
    Fright night
    Don't be afraid of the dark
    True Grit
    Any of these?
    Departed is also a remake

Fair point with True Grit boss, Haven't seen Fright Night or
    Don't Be Afraid of the Dark. In general I prefer originals to remakes though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 363 ✭✭FishBowel

Glorifying the American girl - one of the first musicals. Thought it was great.

• Advertisement

lookitsme wrote: »
    What about Scarface, the original IS nothing special,

Haven't seen original Scarface, I did say "I haven't seen..." to be fair to me! Re: Pacino's Scarface, overrated violent nonsense which has badly dated imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

3:10 to Yuma was a good remake, also The Fly

Haven't seen original Scarface, I did say "I haven't seen..." to be fair to me! Re: Pacino's Scarface, overrated violent nonsense which has badly dated imo.
    it's quite accurate in its historical portrait of Miami during its boom, also shows how some people are never happy with what they have and end up destroying everything because they dont know when to stop. Cocaine Cowboys is a good docu on Miamis drug trade of that time

briany wrote: »
    Drive is a good movie but the film just can't sustain the level set by the opening five minutes nor does it try to. That's OK, it's just that sometimes you think a film is going one way and then it goes another.
    Im glad it wasnt like the first 5 mins, it would have been just like The Transporter

it's quite accurate in its historical portrait of Miami during its boom, also shows how some people are never happy with what they have and end up destroying everything because they dont know when to stop. Cocaine Cowboys is a good docu on Miamis drug trade of that time

Didn't know it was about Ireland in the early to mid 2000's :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 gzmdmc

Watched 'Class' last night on MGM Movies.. Robe Lowe in the 80's.. super hot.. good movie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

The Big Lebowki - gonna be slated for this , but what the hell is all the fuss about ??

a decent film, but no way does it merit it's 8.2 rating on imdb..

jcf wrote: »
    The Big Lebowki - gonna be slated for this , but what the hell is all the fuss about ??

Never seen it.. seen portions of it and never had an interest.

jcf wrote: »

[insert slightly derogatory quote from the movie]

• Advertisement

e_e wrote: »
    [insert slightly derogatory quote from the movie]

That part I have seen.... ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement