Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

most politcally incorrect opinion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭procure11

This Thread is funny...
    years ago.........not too far...Irish people were disrespected all over the world..we are behaving like its our turn to make fun of other people when we did not like it when we were being made fun of....In America today, at this 0 hour there are over 5 million illegal irish immigrants(undocumented as we like to refer to them) hopeless and helpless and waiting for some sort of miracle to occur for them finally have a life live legally in America...The general concensus about irish people(forget the highly placed people like clinton,reagan etc who claim irish ancestry because they do not want to be associated with the British oppression of the US)is that they are lazy and drunkards,Just because we had 15 years of (so called prosperity ) does not give us the right to look down on others,as it stands today and maybe in the nearest future,we just a little better in economic terms than a lot of 3rd world countries.If the US(too much) or the Uk stopped development in all spheres today and we are growing at 10% .it would take us over 30 years to get to where they are today.Learn from the mistakes of others and dont repeat their errors.Name-calling ,racism would get us nowhere.We are well noted as a country we are so eager to claim sucessful people where ever they are from....how dare Ireland claim Obama when his own fathers country people are practically looked down upon today in this country.Remember we were known as potato pickers..today we are known as the celtic tiger.........tomorrow...........we dont know!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

procure11 wrote: »
    This Thread is funny...
    years ago.........not too far...Irish people were disrespected all over the world..we are behaving like its our turn to make fun of other people when we did not like it when we were being made fun of....In America today, at this 0 hour there are over 5 million illegal irish immigrants(undocumented as we like to refer to them) hopeless and helpless and waiting for some sort of miracle to occur for them finally have a life live legally in America...The general concensus about irish people(forget the highly placed people like clinton,reagan etc who claim irish ancestry because they do not want to be associated with the British oppression of the US)is that they are lazy and drunkards,Just because we had 15 years of (so called prosperity ) does not give us the right to look down on others,as it stands today and maybe in the nearest future,we just a little better in economic terms than a lot of 3rd world countries.If the US(too much) or the Uk stopped development in all spheres today and we are growing at 10% .it would take us over 30 years to get to where they are today.Learn from the mistakes of others and dont repeat their errors.Name-calling ,racism would get us nowhere.We are well noted as a country we are so eager to claim sucessful people where ever they are from....how dare Ireland claim Obama when his own fathers country people are practically looked down upon today in this country.Remember we were known as potato pickers..today we are known as the celtic tiger.........tomorrow...........we dont know!!!!!!!
    Tíocfaidh ar Lá {I feel terrible saying this after those soldiers in the nurth,adn that poor pizza}

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

RIRA members should be hung from the highest tree for treason.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

procure11 wrote: »
    A steaming pile of shíte

Didnt Obama's dad run off leaving his mum pregnant? (So Des Bishop says....)

I'd look down on that:pac:

And if the president's dad does, they obviously all do it! DUH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Hate English people who use the "word" "bruvv". Tho I don't hate English accents like that ginger Blaithnaid one of RTE...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Hate English people who use the "word" "bruvv". Tho I don't hate English accents like that ginger Blaithnaid one of RTE...
    does her name even sound english? and if you hear her ag caint tri gaeilge she sounds completely different

but i know how you feel there's a first year in my school that i swear i'll strangle because of his accent (that really annoying high pitched cockney kind of one:mad:)

@dan if you put ticcker factory {/url} after your sig it will work as a link with square brackets but they don't show in posts

...and why the eff is jade goody on the papers so she's dying let her alll she does is bithc and moan ,there's a thread for that ,there shouldn't be a front page spread.I mean how many people die of cancer yearly? she raises awareness yes, but not intentionally or for the right reasons ,lots of people die from it what makes a whinger like her more important than all the others that go through it

• Registered Users Posts: 17 klonere

Mine?

We are the most anglicized (not Anglo-American) culture in the World.
    RIRA members should have their family trees wiped out. No remorse.
    Kings of Leon/The Killers are awful :)
    AMIRITE.

Probably not :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i wouldnt say we're more or less anglicised than other english speaking countries. irish language, history, gaa, accents, culture and traditions are still quite strong in the country, and i can't picture that changing too quickly.

at least we have our own national sport, i do love pointing out to kiwis how their national sport (rugby) is just an english game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

In fairness, NZ have a Union Jack on their flag and Queen Elizabeth is their head of state. Not having a national sport is the least of their worries if they wish to be seen as non-Anglicised.

..and why the eff is jade goody on the papers so she's dying let her alll she does is bithc and moan ,there's a thread for that ,there shouldn't be a front page spread.I mean how many people die of cancer yearly? she raises awareness yes, but not intentionally or for the right reasons ,lots of people die from it what makes a whinger like her more important than all the others that go through it

Of course, so many people intentionally die of cancer to raise awareness....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭acontadino

i disagree. if you dont want to see ireland as anglicised then you won't see it that way

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    In fairness, NZ have a Union Jack on their flag and Queen Elizabeth is their head of state. Not having a national sport is the least of their worries if they wish to be seen as non-Anglicised.

still, they have little more than contempt for the brits (pohms, they call them), and don't like to be associated with them. ever notice how many of their sports teams wear the colours of the flag? all their national symbols are very kiwi - ferns, wildlife, and elements of maori culture. although, i did just discover that if i ever become a citizen, i'll have to swear an oath of allegiance to the queen. *blanches*

also, there is a campaign to re-do the flag, to show actual symbols of kiwi culture, there's one really nice one out there... not to mention that their national anthem was written by an irish man :pac:

acontadino wrote: »
    i disagree. if you dont want to see ireland as anglicised then you won't see it that way

same goes for both sides, tbh. could you point out some elements of irish culture that make us clearly more anglicised than america, canada, australia or new zealand?

edit: im not saying you'll change my mind, necessarily, but i would like to see your point of view a little clearlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

klonere wrote: »
    Mine?

We are the most anglicized (not Anglo-American) culture in the World.
    RIRA members should have their family trees wiped out. No remorse.
    AMIRITE.

WHAT? Thought basically everyone liked Kings of Leon!!!

Never knew that the queen was head of state of New Zealand. So basically they are part of the british empire??

WHAT? Thought basically everyone liked Kings of Leon!!!

No they're shíte:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

klonere wrote: »
    AMIRITE.

Well, imo,

Killers - Yes, awful
    KOL - No, I like them.

Although not liking certain bands hardly falls under the banner of "politically incorrect"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Well, imo,

Killers - Yes, awful
    KOL - No, I like them.
    Other way around for me, thanks! :P
    Although not liking certain bands hardly falls under the banner of "politically incorrect"

I agree with you here though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

But some people will look at you like you have two heads if you say you don't like a certain band.

"Oasis or Blur?"

"Eh, Blur."

"Yeh wha'?"

"I mean Oasis, Oasis!":pac:

father-damo-lennon.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Acacia wrote: »

Ya wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

But some people will look at you like you have two heads if you say you don't like a certain band.

"Oasis or Blur?"

"Eh, Blur."

"Yeh wha'?"

father-damo-lennon.jpg
    Which is why the convo should go like this

"Oasis or Blur?"

"Who?"

*Head explodes*

Everyones happy

Ya wha?

Eh, I mean, Blur! Or more accurately >>
    Which is why the convo should go like this

"Oasis or Blur?"

"Who?"

*Head explodes*

Everyones happy

LOL. :D

I guess the more contemporary argument would be Coldplay vs. the Killers, or something.

• Advertisement

I guess the more contemporary argument would be Coldplay vs. the Killers, or something.
    It works in this situation too except thered be whinging and a moany blog put up before the head explodes

Nah.....Coldplay are just awful........Killers marginally better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Heh, stupid people and their arguing over how effectively a product was marketed towards them.

Heh, stupid people and their arguing over how effectively a product was marketed towards them.
    No way man. APPLE RULES!!!!!

*starts running*

It works in this situation too except thered be whinging and a moany blog put up before the head explodes

LMAO :pac:
    Fad wrote: »
    Nah.....Coldplay are just awful........Killers marginally better.

Well, I see you like MCR from your sig- so automatically I disregard your musical opinions! :p

(Just joking, I love MCR too, but this is the typical response I get from people when I say I like them *sigh*) ;)

So true.

People like Coldplay (plagiarists) and MCR ( anti christ)? Jaysus.

Stev_o wrote: »
    People like Coldplay (plagiarists) and MCR ( anti christ)? Jaysus.

The millions of records they sold would indicate that yes, people do like them. :pac:

The millions of records they sold would indicate that yes, people do like them. :pac:

>_< Two bands i really hate with a passion and go against what i think musicianship should be.

Stev_o wrote: »
    >_< Two bands i really hate with a passion and go against what i think musicianship should be.

Well, I do hate Coldplay, too, because they send me to sleep. I love MCR though. (:o)

• Advertisement

(Just joking, I love MCR too, but this is the typical response I get from people when I say I like them *sigh*) ;)

I'd typically get that response from some who likes DMX or some fecal deposit like that :)

Advertisement