Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

most politcally incorrect opinion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

suppose i'd better get my bit in
    XXY is not "super female" that's XXX and they're perfectly normal (for women)XXY is a freak of nature generally with both testes adn ovaries or neither and an interesting reproductive organ more one than the other if the rest is characterised by it

also abortion is FTW i mean this whole thing of humans are so great i find it arrogant that we consider ourselves so highly we are animals and in the theory of natural selection unwanted traits die off eg. deafness/blindness
    therefore our overpopulation is elongating this contamination of the gene pool and so in time we may as a species end up as a goblin like mongrel due to our "compassion"

also stem cells i mean i'm more important than an embryo i have millions of cells it's only one ,i win simple,also they are donated it's not as if someone goes around robbing peoples wombs to get them jeez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

suppose i'd better get my bit in
    XXY is not "super female" that's XXX and they're perfectly normal (for women)XXY is a freak of nature generally with both testes adn ovaries or neither and an interesting reproductive organ more one than the other if the rest is characterised by it

also abortion is FTW i mean this whole thing of humans are so great i find it arrogant that we consider ourselves so highly we are animals and in the theory of natural selection unwanted traits die off eg. deafness/blindness
    therefore our overpopulation is elongating this contamination of the gene pool and so in time we may as a species end up as a goblin like mongrel due to our "compassion"

also stem cells i mean i'm more important than an embryo i have millions of cells it's only one ,i win simple,also they are donated it's not as if someone goes around robbing peoples wombs to get them jeez

I'm trying my best not to say this, but I can't help it, but there's so many reasons not to, but God...
    How very Hitler of you.

Aaaaaaaargh I went there, I'm sorry, I know, I don't deserve to debate these things on the internet anymore :mad:

Was just poking around on the XXY thing too, in some cases it can cause hermaphroditism but not many; usually it's just gives random characteristics like lankiness and sometimes epic man boobs :confused:

i don't intend to carry out my belief
    but we ARE animals and so i find it disturbing that we think we can f*** with nature and be all cool n' stuff
    we have no right to upset the balance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

the can has been opened.

i agree with you here to a degree. some of the sentences being doled out are just a joke... but i do also think that there should be a lot more done to help with rehabilitation and helping a person get on their feet when they get out of prison, especially with regard to the more long-termers who become institutionalised.

no matter what you think about people in certain social/demographics having as much free will as anyone else, the fact is, there are different cultures, different opportunities and different expectations put on people in different areas etc, and that the proof is in the prisons that there are certain groups of people a lot more likely to end up in there.

i think a lot more effort needs to go into education in those areas, and not just education, but recreation, hobbies...

government needs to sort out it's social housing policies.

I have no objection to more money going into education/recreation for poorer areas - I'd be all for those proposals.
    Also if a prisoner serves his/her time and comes out ready and willing to be a good, law-abiding citizen then I don't object to them being given a little help getting back on track with their lives.
    However, I believe some people are beyond rehabilitation and if they're not willing to lead an honest life outside prison then they should be locked up and left there.
    Great spelling in this entry by someone bemoaning a middle class college society:rolleyes:
    Infracted for unnecessary cheap dig at other user.
    cautioner wrote: »
    I'm trying my best not to say this, but I can't help it, but there's so many reasons not to, but God...
    How very Hitler of you.

Aaaaaaaargh I went there, I'm sorry, I know, I don't deserve to debate these things on the internet anymore :mad:
    Godwin 1, cautioner 0.

Please don't compare other users with Hitler (unless perhaps they have an amusing Charlie Chaplin-esque moustache.)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

I have no objection to more money going into education/recreation for poorer areas - I'd be all for those proposals.
    Also if a prisoner serves his/her time and comes out ready and willing to be a good, law-abiding citizen then I don't object to them being given a little help getting back on track with their lives.
    However, I believe some people are beyond rehabilitation and if they're not willing to lead an honest life outside prison then they should be locked up and left there.

but the people beyond rehabilitation... how do you decide who they are?
    same as my stance on the death sentence, really. i couldnt live in a country with the death sentence... i don't believe in it in general... but i just couldnt trust that someone innocent wasnt gonna end up in there at some point.
    Godwin 1, cautioner 0.

Please don't compare other users with Hitler (unless perhaps they have an amusing Charlie Chaplin-esque moustache.)

:cool::D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

I hate french people and France
    I know some(not many) french people are okay. To me they are arrogant, stuck up, ignorant etc. all sorts of stuff. I hate them. I hate France because there re so many french people. I feel sorry for you french people out there you can't help who you are.

Hating a whole nation/race is ridiculous. The are over 61 million people living in France - I assume you have not met them all.
    Maybe the ones you have met were not nice people, but there are plenty of stuck up arrogant Irish people aswell. (You can substitute any nationality for Irish here.)
    I know a few French people and they are among the nicest people I have ever met.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

My controversial opinion? More people should give up driving and instead should use bikes as their primary mode of transport for any trips under 5 miles in distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

all children under 7 should not be allowed in public areas like restaurants and shopping centres. The kids don't like it, the parents get annoyed and everyone in the area has a crap time. Get a babysitter or stay at home breeders.

Also belive that corporal punishment should still be in schools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Off topic posts deleted.

FFS, use the report button or PM a mod if you're unhappy with something posted, don't comment on it in the thread. And if someone does comment, don't reply to it and proceed to have an off topic discussion about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭innercitydub1

Great spelling in this entry by someone bemoaning a middle class college society:rolleyes:

ignore the grammer and you cant deny the points been made in the post

If you cant look by the spelling mistakes i did not correct as i dont spend hours and hours perfecting my posts with a dodgy keyborad i just cant be arsed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

My most controversial opinion would probably be my fervant belief that Islam is a dangerous violent creed which is an enormous threat to western civilization.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Pro-choice also. It annoys me that the majority of Pro-life people I've come across are male.

My very politically incorrect opinion is: No womb, no opinion.

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Pro-choice also. It annoys me that the majority of Pro-life people I've come across are male.

Oi! I don't have a womb but I'm pro-choice. Am I not allowed an opinion? :(

How is having a womb relevant to whether abortion is wrong or right?

Now I'm very much on the pro-choice/pro-abortion side, but you've gotta understand that excluding men's opinions on the basis of them never possibly being in the situation, is, from the perspective of the pro life side, essentially excluding them because they'll never be in the position of having the decision to kill a baby or endure an inconvenient 9 months.

Excluding the opinions of people who would never be capable of committing some act on whether the act is in fact a crime or not, would be a pretty crappy legal system.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Rozabeez wrote:

Oi! I don't have a womb but I'm pro-choice. Am I not allowed an opinion? :(
    JC 2K3 wrote: »
    How is having a womb relevant to whether abortion is wrong or right?

One other fault there Roz: you're suggesting that women who have undergone a hysterectomy should have no voice in relation to the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

You cant become pregnant without sperm, No Jizz, No Opinion.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Gentlemen, it's my most politically incorrect opinion, I don't REALLY see the need to defend it, but if I must;

That's more of a slogan that gets thrown around, what I really mean is I don't think that men should find it ok to tell women NOT to have an abortion.

But it's ok for other women to?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

That's more of a slogan that gets thrown around, what I really mean is I don't think that men should find it ok to tell women NOT to have an abortion.

Yeah, that wrecks my head too. No offence to any of the wonderful menfolk here but if any man ever tried to tell me to not have an abortion I would be hugely unimpressed. My OH has said that if it ever happens then it's my body so it's my decision and I have to agree with him. Of course if any woman told me I couldn't have an abortion, I'd tell her to feck off too.

I also hate the way some anti-abortion people push their agenda EVERYWHERE. You even see it on PI, someone will come on asking what their options are and all of a sudden the anti-abortion brigade appear and bash the poor woman crying murderer and telling her to go through 9 months of carrying around a kid that she wants nothing to do with.

• Advertisement

fonpokno wrote: »
    Yeah, that wrecks my head too. No offence to any of the wonderful menfolk here but if any man ever tried to tell me to not have an abortion I would be hugely unimpressed. My OH has said that if it ever happens then it's my body so it's my decision and I have to agree with him. Of course if any woman told me I couldn't have an abortion, I'd tell her to feck off too.

I also hate the way some anti-abortion people push their agenda EVERYWHERE. You even see it on PI, someone will come on asking what their options are and all of a sudden the anti-abortion brigade appear and bash the poor woman crying murderer and telling her to go through 9 months of carrying around a kid that she wants nothing to do with.
    While I don't disagree with abortion per se.All abortions are done for selfish reasons.It is the easy way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

While I don't disagree with abortion per se.All abortions are done for selfish reasons.It is the easy way out.

Exactly. It is the easy way out and if it comes to it I'm going to be selfish and take it. I'm going to be selfish enough to choose to live my life the way I want instead of ruining another. I won't ruin a child's life by resenting it or by trying to look after it when I've no job and no degree. I won't ruin my parents lives by inflicting another child on them when they've already raised their own. I won't ruin my boyfriend's life by placing the huge responsibility of a child on his shoulders.

Easy way out ftw.

fonpokno wrote: »
    Surely that renders such a singling out of men as completely and utterly redundant?

Also, abortion isn't selfish IMO. It's only selfish if you actually believe you're killing a human with a valid right to life. Just because something's easier than an alternative doesn't make less of a valid option, or selfish in any way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I'm numb to all this war and starving children in Africa. If there is nothing that I can do to stop it then I couldn't give a flying ****.

Sorrt

It would be a lot more selfish to bering an unwanted child into the world tbh.

Ideally, I wish there was no pro-life agenda anywhere whatsoever. I'm sorry but I just cannot take anyone who says "life begins at conception" seriously.
    I'm numb to all this war and starving children in Africa. If there is nothing that I can do to stop it then I couldn't give a flying ****.

Sorrt

I'm kind of like that aswell. If half a billion people were wiped out the face of the planet tomorrow by war/famine/tsunami/whatever I doubt I'd care too much as long as none of them were people I actually cared about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

I think smoking should be made completely illegal. Offenders will be punished by slow, painful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Lynskey

<sigh> Teenagers.....God's way of punishing us for having sex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Synods

I'm kind of like that aswell. If half a billion people were wiped out the face of the planet tomorrow by war/famine/tsunami/whatever I doubt I'd care too much as long as none of them were people I actually cared about.[/quote]

it would be way easier to care if these people we saw on these adds were white. I don't mean we should only care about white people, thats not my opinion at all!! but we have to admit that it is easier to identify with people who we could imagine as our own friends/family/etc.
    I do agree too that we have seen so much of these harrowing pictures of famine struck kids in the third world that they've lost their "shock" factor. sometimes it can just seem that there are so many things f***ed up in the world that we have just gone beyond help....

Anywho....my politically incorrect opinion is that i am sick of all these funds and resources being pumped into the "disadvantaged" areas of the large towns and cities when all the recipients seem to do is persist in committing the same crimes and causing the same problems. there are undoubtedly problems in these areas, im not trying to take away from that, but there are just as many problems in the rest of the country and we dont get half the help these people do!!! Why is it that just because you come from Ballyfermot or Newcastle West you get the help and money from our government when somebody living in a rural area who could equally need help gets ignored?!!!

Perhaps if these people who, having gotten help from the state but failed to take it, should have their benefits taken from them so they can be used in an area where they are just as equally needed, and make these wasters truly appreciate what they're getting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

I suppose my most ''un-PC" opinion is that I really don't care too much about giving to animal welfare charities *awaits angry mob*

Don't get me wrong, I do hate cruelty to animals, I just feel we should put humans' needs first. Basically, when I see that Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall chap on TV banging on about the poor battery-farm chickens , on one hand I'm thinking 'fair play to him' but then I see an ad for Concern or Trocaire or even see disadvantaged or disabled kids in Ireland and think "He could really do more worthwhile things if he campaigned for human rights..."

Personally, I always give to a 'human' charity over an animal one.

• Advertisement

Sorrt
    well my theory is take all the weapons/bullets in africa and open fire,then melt the guns into cans ,fill them and feed the surviors,no more wars no more famine and they'll think twice about asking for our help the next time
    Acacia wrote: »
    I suppose my most ''un-PC" opinion is that I really don't care too much about giving to animal welfare charities *awaits angry mob*

Personally, I always give to a 'human' charity over an animal one.
    to be fair animals rarely do some of the bad s*** people do to each other and the fact charity workers wages come out of donation's i think is b***ox

Advertisement