Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you make of Jesus Christ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭sukikettle

For Jack Palance, it's a doddle to be an athiest, absoloutly nothing is required, their mere existence pleases them and they will be forever grateful or in their case for the duration of their lives and to whom they will never know. Most of the athiests in here if you look up their profiles are angry young men with no prospects after school because of the econonmy and quite frankly had they God their outlooks would be different most definitely.

And for the record a french painter depicted Jesus as white with long hazel hair and blue eyes. He was nothing of the sort. He was olive-skinned and his hair was kept trimmed but you need to read the bible to know that.

He was most definitely the Son of God and to deny this means eternal death-the bible states this also and just in case you're tempted to say the bible was written by a bunch of men it is the Word of God placed in the mouths and minds of men through His Holy Spirit.

It is very foolish to rush to a conclusion God doesn't exist. You could start by asking Him to reveal Himself in your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

sukikettle wrote: »
    For Jack Palance, it's a doddle to be an athiest, absoloutly nothing is required, their mere existence pleases them and they will be forever grateful or in their case for the duration of their lives and to whom they will never know. Most of the athiests in here if you look up their profiles are angry young men with no prospects after school because of the econonmy and quite frankly had they God their outlooks would be different most definitely.

And most christians who come in here are smug & arrogant fantasists. See what I did there, I generalised. That's a great christian trait. As for comparing faith in a spook to success in life, thats an epic failure right there. It would be laughable if it wasn't such an idiotic connection to make.
    He was most definitely the Son of God and to deny this means eternal death-the bible states this also and just in case you're tempted to say the bible was written by a bunch of men it is the Word of God placed in the mouths and minds of men through His Holy Spirit.

NEWSFLASH: Death is eternal, in case you haven't noticed or have been too busy reading your bible. As for the word of god, maybe in your faith or religion it is the word of god - to atheists and non believers its the same as reading the brothers grimm. A fairytale.
    It is very foolish to rush to a conclusion God doesn't exist. You could start by asking Him to reveal Himself in your life.

Of course it would be foolish to take sides without making up your own mind first. I'm sure broad minded people have given some thought and research to your religion, but felt it was not for them or was simply too far fetched to believe in. Thats why I can't understand why christians get so upset by atheists. We don't believe in any of that nonsense, but you somehow feel we should all be forced into it and failure to believe in it means "eternal death"? No it doesn't. It just means we get more joy from life than worrying about some spook in the sky or whats going to happen us when we die.

Well Dark you can say all that but you have no control after you die my friend and curious how dark makes up the first half of your name when God means light...He's not a spook in the sky at all and how can you possibly have such contempt for something you have no belief in. How do you explain the annoyance that curdles in that little tummy of yours when you read posts like mine. If we were only talking about spooks....you wouldn't even bother.
    You should examine why things dark hold a fascination with people especially kids and ask yourself who is actually behind it. You can't have failed to miss the up surge of skulls and crossbones and dragons and all the books, movies and cartoons for kids are all dark, magical, occultist. That isn't a coincidence. There is a force rising to destroy and it's in all the music too. That force is satan...so on who's behalf are you speaking. Do you truly know what is going on are you so blind.
    How many of you don't blink at what your kids wear, read and what they are listening to.
    There seems to be a problem with believing the supernatural but you can't deny the presence of darkness, the breakdown of an economy owing to greed, escalating conflicts, erratic weather (please spare me the greenhouse chatter) and what's happened to the family. It's breaking down. Why do we take all this squarely on the chin. I bet you drank with someone with satan or a skull on his t-shirt but that's ok..you've never questioned it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

And for the record a french painter depicted Jesus as white with long hazel hair and blue eyes. He was nothing of the sort. He was olive-skinned and his hair was kept trimmed but you need to read the bible to know that.

Excuse me? Sorry for believing in logic and the laws of the universe. I don't believe Jesus was the son of god. I think it's foolish of you to rush to the conclusion that god does exist. I'll believe it if I see it. You're just gullible to take it all at face value. Humans have always been jumping to conclusions to explain the world and natural disasters and the like. The ancient Greeks assumed lightning came from Zeus throwing down bolts of lightning. Modern science has explained it very well. Creating a god to explain what you don't understand is primitive and pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

DarkJager wrote: »
    Yeah but you'd have to ignore everything that would happen the body like there being no supply of oxygen to the brain, no blood being pumped from the heart and of course decay of the flesh etc. If there's a reasonable scientifically valid explanation on how you come back to life after passing those stages I would really be interested in hearing it.

you really don't get do you..pineapple I said..pineapple. he be could pineapple man if he wanted..he exists outsdie of it all. for him it wasn't like 'well this is gonna be hard, rasing myself from the dead in all..he just did it, like Nike (not the popular sporting brandname, the greek goddess...)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Well Dark you can say all that but you have no control after you die my friend and curious how dark makes up the first half of your name when God means light...He's not a spook in the sky at all and how can you possibly have such contempt for something you have no belief in. How do you explain the annoyance that curdles in that little tummy of yours when you read posts like mine.
    The same way my tummy curdles in annoyance when I see blatant homophobic posts. It doesn't mean I'm secretly a homophobe and know they're all correct :rolleyes:
    If we were only talking about spooks....you wouldn't even bother.
    You should examine why things dark hold a fascination with people especially kids and ask yourself who is actually behind it. You can't have failed to miss the up surge of skulls and crossbones and dragons and all the books, movies and cartoons for kids are all dark, magical, occultist. That isn't a coincidence. There is a force rising to destroy and it's in all the music too. That force is satan...so on who's behalf are you speaking. Do you truly know what is going on are you so blind.
    How many of you don't blink at what your kids wear, read and what they are listening to.
    There seems to be a problem with believing the supernatural but you can't deny the presence of darkness, the breakdown of an economy owing to greed, escalating conflicts, erratic weather (please spare me the greenhouse chatter) and what's happened to the family. It's breaking down. Why do we take all this squarely on the chin. I bet you drank with someone with satan or a skull on his t-shirt but that's ok..you've never questioned it

Uh yeah, you might be better off in the conspiracy theories forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

how can you possibly have such contempt for something you have no belief in.
    Quite easily. You are contemptuous of atheism and you're suprised some atheists are contemptuous of your beliefs?
    I have no respect for your beliefs or those of any skyfairy worshipper/scientologist/fairyologist/etc. therefore contempt is quite simple

/troll feeding

So I conclude with such an obvious heavy presence of satan and the mass collusion that's going on. With such a world wide fascination with the supernatural and darkness that no one on this whole site can deny why can't there a God. There is evidence of Him too. And why the escalating fascination with the supernatural regardless of your beliefs if there is truly nothing beyond this life. The general rule is God created satan and he went bad and was chucked down here along with all of us who sinned. So how many of us want to rise out of the miry pit you share with him. I'll tell you...very few of you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

With such a world wide fascination with the supernatural and darkness that no one on this whole site can deny why can't there a God. There is evidence of Him too.
    "I believe reallyreallyreally hard" isn't evidence
    The first line of your post makes no sense btw, "why can't there a god"
    And why the escalating fascination with the supernatural regardless of your beliefs if there is truly nothing beyond this life. The general rule is God created satan and he went bad and was chucked down here along with all of us who sinned. So how many of us want to rise out of the miry pit you share with him. I'll tell you...very few of you.
    What escalating fascination? There's always been a fascination.

So I conclude with such an obvious heavy presence of satan and the mass collusion that's going on. With such a world wide fascination with the supernatural and darkness that no one on this whole site can deny why can't there a God. There is evidence of Him too. And why the escalating fascination with the supernatural regardless of your beliefs if there is truly nothing beyond this life. The general rule is God created satan and he went bad and was chucked down here along with all of us who sinned. So how many of us want to rise out of the miry pit you share with him. I'll tell you...very few of you.

Are you mental???

• Advertisement

Well Dark you can say all that but you have no control after you die my friend and curious how dark makes up the first half of your name when God means light...He's not a spook in the sky at all and how can you possibly have such contempt for something you have no belief in. How do you explain the annoyance that curdles in that little tummy of yours when you read posts like mine.

That curdling feeling is the same one I get whenever I talk to an ignorant, condescending christian. Its really like talking to a brick wall at the end of the day. Already, you are using my username to make opinions about what I do and do not believe in, when in fact you know nothing of me. Generalising again.

You appear to be the one who is quite blind from the looks of things here. You are equating a rise in interest of the fantasy world in media, to being the work of another entity called satan. Did it cross your mind that there is something called imagination, or is that frowned upon by your faith as well?

As for asking me who's side I'm on, I've already made quite clear that I do not believe in either your god or satan and to be honest, you are giving me perfect fuel to continue to ignore them. If religious people are so out of touch with reality that they have to blame things that don't agree with their own morals on another spook, then you are welcome to be among them and I will happily stay far away from such people.

The breakdown of the world economy due to bad lending practices and human greed? Yes. The breakdown of said economy due to the boogeyman you call satan? No. And once again to finish your post, you generalise me without even knowing a thing about me. Drinking with someone with satan on his shirt? If you are trying to equate my non belief to some teenager rebelling against religion, you are again failing miserably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Terodil

There is evidence of Him too.
    Where?
    The general rule is God created satan and he went bad and was chucked down here along with all of us who sinned.
    The general rule?

a. Where is that rule laid down?
    b. Where is the document that shows that that 'rule' has been 'generally' endorsed? By who?

I think you are a little confused about the meaning of 'evidence' and 'general' and 'rule'...

I don't have contempt for the athiest. I will talk to and help out who I can in this life. I don't have contempt for athiest beliefs because you have none. You feel you have the right to be quite offensive against a God I believe in. When you run out of things to say you call me a troll and clamour about me stomping on your beliefs....how come you've nothing to say on the other stuff I've written.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

I think Jesus is an awesomely generous guy.
    The fact he lets Suki in his gang speaks volumes.

I sometimes forget about the whole satan thing. It really manages to be the icing on the cake of absurdity.
    Satan is rising? Drivel pal, absolute drivel.

By the by, shouldn't any thread about Jesus really be put in the Zombie forum? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Vampireskiss

God doesn't exist.

GOD does exist

Tero...that is written about in Isaiah. He was an angel of light who thought he could be God and he was hurled to the earth along with a third of the angels. His job was to create music and isn't he doing a fine job of it today...What cds do you have. I bet you won't answer that honestly. And yes there is plenty of evidence there is a God. You're belief in a big bang and evolution is just as absurd. If you were to make a milkshake out of a frog...it will stay a milkshake.Why don't you look up the fact all evolution and Darwinism is all theory. You can't even explain why there is a flood in every single culture (Noah) and giants who experimented with DNA in every culture (fallen angels evidence that they roamed the earth among men) explain that

GOD does exist

Prove it.

GOD does exist

OH no he doesn't :pac:

This thread was bound for pantomime.

Tero...that is written about in Isaiah. He was an angel of light who thought he could be God and he was hurled to the earth along with a third of the angels. His job was to create music and isn't he doing a fine job of it today...What cds do you have. I bet you won't answer that honestly. And yes there is plenty of evidence there is a God. You're belief in a big bang and evolution is just as absurd. If you were to make a milkshake out of a frog...it will stay a milkshake.Why don't you look up the fact all evolution and Darwinism is all theory. You can't even explain why there is a flood in every single culture (Noah) and giants who experimented with DNA in every culture (fallen angels evidence that they roamed the earth among men) explain that

Your belief that some guy just clicked his fingers and made everything appear is probably the most absurd ever made. I think you need a big glass of reality juice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

I don't have contempt for the atheist. I will talk to and help out who I can in this life. I don't have contempt for atheist beliefs because you have none. You feel you have the right to be quite offensive against a God I believe in. When you run out of things to say you call me a troll and clamour about me stomping on your beliefs....how come you've nothing to say on the other stuff I've written.

Yes you do have contempt for atheists. You seem to believe that there is something wrong with us and that you can fix us by "bringing us to god." That is not only contemptuous to the individual but condescending too. And I did not say you have contempt for atheist beliefs for obvious reasons.

I don't see why I shouldn't be offensive to your god. I'm also offensive to Zeus but since he clearly doesn't exist theres no harm done. Note too that I'm only contemptuous to your beliefs I don't know you as a person so I have no opinion on you, only your beliefs. I have the greatest respect for my religious friends as people, their beliefs however are undeserving of any sort of respect.

As you can see I haven't run out of things to say at all, I could go on. But you are a troll. You post specifically on a atheist and agnostic forum with outrageous religious nonsense, claim there is evidence for it without providing any and all to get a rise out of us. Thats the definition of a troll in my book and, apparently, in Wikipedia's too. Troll

EDIT: Huzzah! Atheist Vs Theist panto!

Prove it.

Why don't you prove your statement that God doesn't exist first?I can't prove my beliefs no more than you can prove yours but if you can make bold statements such as God doesn't exist then so can I about mine

Why don't you prove your believe that God doesn't exist first?I can't prove my beliefs no more than you can prove yours but if you can make bold statements such as God doesn't exist then so can I about mine

burden of proof is on the one making the positive claim

Why don't you prove your believe that God doesn't exist first?I can't prove my beliefs no more than you can prove yours but if you can make bold statements such as God doesn't exist then so can I about mine

Prove that I don't believe in something?? Are you for real?

Your belief that some guy just clicked his fingers and made everything appear is probably the most absurd ever made. I think you need a big glass of reality juice.

Whats even more absurb is that you believe that the universe created itself from nothing.You keep talking about reality and the laws of science but for the biggest thing ever to have happened happen in your opinion those laws of science have to be broken but still be science.Its the biggest contridiction ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Terodil

errr. I'm lost.
    Tero...that is written about in Isaiah. He was an angel of light who thought he could be God and he was hurled to the earth along with a third of the angels. His job was to create music and isn't he doing a fine job of it today...
    So erm. Yes, some scribes have apparently mentioned that bit of myth in a certain book of fiction. And the proof is where exactly?
    What cds do you have. I bet you won't answer that honestly.
    Actually the larger part of my CD collection is classical, among which a notable part of clerical music. And the point is? I'm still not Christian. I fail to see a relationship between my (or your) musical taste and the existence of a god, much less so a proof or disproof of an omniscient, omnipotent and benevolent god. (A concept which doesn't make sense in the first place, but that just as an aside.)
    And yes there is plenty of evidence there is a God. You're belief in a big bang and evolution is just as absurd.
    So you are saying that your belief in God is absurd? That's a good starting point.

For the records, I do not believe in anything. I personally think that evolution is much more probable, given the facts that we can observe today, than any other theory in the market. If anybody in the future is able to produce a better theory with more proof to explain what we see today then I'll have absolutely no trouble adopting it.
    If you were to make a milkshake out of a frog...it will stay a milkshake.
    Gross.
    Why don't you look up the fact all evolution and Darwinism is all theory. You can't even explain why there is a flood in every single culture (Noah) and giants who experimented with DNA in every culture (fallen angels evidence that they roamed the earth among men) explain that
    Actually I can.

Floods happen every year, to a larger or smaller degree. Sometimes these floods can get devastating. They can be caused by simple gravitation, by weather, by a combination of these two, by seismic activity or by meteors. Are you saying that every one of these is proof of god? if so, I'd kindly ask you to elaborate as that is too far a mental jump for me to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

blahblahblah ... (please spare me the greenhouse chatter) ... blahblah

Certainly, just as soon as you spare me the complete sh*te chatter...

Prove that I don't believe in something?? Are you for real?

You didnt say you didn't believe God existed you said God doesn't exist

Whats even more absurb is that you believe that the universe created itself from nothing.You keep talking about reality and the laws of science but for the biggest thing ever to have happened happen in your opinion those laws of science have to be broken but still be science.Its the biggest contridiction ever

The start of the universe is well documented (The big bang). The view of christianity on how the world started is the most childish and ridiculous idea ever put forward. There is something called science (I'm not too sure if you religious types have heard of it) which is quite accurate in it explanation for how the universe was formed. So if you feel able to contradict the laws & solid explanations of science with some silly story about a magic man, then be my guest.

• Advertisement

Thanks a million sukikettle. I wanted to discuss Jesus Christ with like minded people and you turned it into a panto. I suppose it was inevitable.

Advertisement