Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you make of Jesus Christ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭sukikettle

The End is your conclusion....none of you answered any of my questions. You're all a bunch of disrespectfuls.
    You want proof as in where is he...you won't see Him. He is a way of life and his kingdom is not of this world...Jesus said so Himself. Miracles are cataloged by the thousands...muslims are converting through dreams and visions. If the supernatural galls you then you will always be offended by Jesus Christ. He only moved and worked in such a realm. And yes Zamboni thank God he let me in His club.... It's never too late and no sin is too great. He will reveal Himself in your life if you ask Him. God bless all-got to go shopping;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Ah no DarkJager you know they will just come back with the "Science is only guesswork" arguement. In fairness a theory is only a theory, even if its clearly demonstratable. Then again gravity is only a theory...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Terodil

DarkJager wrote: »
    The start of the universe is well documented (The big bang).
    Actually, as far as I know there are numerous theories, the most accepted of which being the big bang, but when it comes to real, hard proof we're still grasping at straws. As far as I know nobody has ever observed the big bang itself, the best we can do is get a glimpse of the big bang by receiving emissions from *just* after the big bang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Vampireskiss

The start of the universe is well documented (The big bang). The view of christianity on how the world started is the most childish and ridiculous idea ever put forward. There is something called science (I'm not too sure if you religious types have heard of it) which is quite accurate in it explanation for how the universe was formed. So if you feel able to contradict the laws & solid explanations of science with some silly story about a magic man, then be my guest.

Something coming from nothing sounds a bit a like magic too.Don't you think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

sukikettle wrote: »
    The End is your conclusion....none of you answered any of my questions. You're all a bunch of disrespectfuls.

And with that, the christians have lost the arguement.

• Advertisement

Sorry, I thought I had addressed all your questions, even if they were a bit weird.
    Woooo... so god is magic? :o

HARRY POTTER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭sukikettle

p.s. Jack... read the bible man....there's no one in here even me going to straighten out your curiosity. When you see me defending what I believe against the sort of stuff being bandied back at me...it will read like a panto always. I suspect what you really wanted was to get on a thread and maul the notion of Jesus Christ. I think some people would like Jesus Christ to go away permanently so they can spend their short lives in a free for all without consequences but it will never happen and such an existence doesn't exist. You live a life of checks and balances and God's moral code exists in law and in conscience. Another piece of evidence the athiests dismiss. All the best

You didnt say you didn't believe God existed you said God doesn't exist

Your after dodging this DarkJager.

Jesus Christ is a stalker. He's everywhere!!!111zomg

*ahem* Why is an atheist society a 'free for all without consequences [sic, I suppose 'world']'?

The strength of our law and social systems today is that we've gone through a period of so-called 'enlightenment'. If it was for traditional Christianity only, we'd still be living in the Dark Ages.

You live a life of checks and balances and God's moral code exists in law and in conscience. Another piece of evidence the athiests dismiss. All the best

Again you are wrong. I live my life defined by my own moral checks and balances and of course the laws of the land, not the restrictions or moral ideologies of a religion.

• Advertisement

Your after dodging this DarkJager.

Explain. You asked me to prove something which I do not believe in, and then you dragged it in circles. As for an answer, another poster has already answered it for you:

Explain. You asked me to prove something which I do not believe in, and then you dragged it in circles. As for an answer, another poster has already answered it for you:

You said God does not exist if you had said I don't believe God exists that would be fair enough you can believe or not believe in things but you can't make statements like God does not exist that without proof and neither can I but I made the statement God does exist to prove the point im trying to make.I can say I believe or dont believe Aliens exist but I can't say without having some sort of proof that I know for sure Aliens do not exist

You said God does not exist if you had said I don't believe God exists that would be fair enough you can believe or not believe in things but you can't make statements like God does not exist that without proof and neither can I but I made the statement God does exist to prove the point im trying to make.I can say I believe or dont believe Aliens exist but I can't say without having some sort of proof that I know for sure Aliens do not exist

If you read the thread from the start (which I doubt you have), you would see that I have commented that I have no belief whatsoever in god, satan or whatever other spooks christianity has to scare kids with.

If you read the thread from the start (which I doubt you have), you would see that I have commented that I have no belief whatsoever in god, satan or whatever other spooks christianity has to scare kids with.

So what your saying is that the quote I took was a typo error?

Even Richard Dawkins isn't 100% athiest.He says he is almost certain there is no God but as a scientist cant make the statement there is no God

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭sHnaCk

Jesus is the I am from Moses' burning bush. (I am assuming of course that pagans have perhaps heard or even read the account.) He was not just an appearence in the year dot - the original Hebrew texts catagorically point to Jesus in every way, shape and form. The New Testament is in the Old Testament concealed and in the New Testament revealed. Jesus is the creator and finisher of our faith. - another thing - the only reason pagans have any "moral" code, personal or otherwise is due to the truth that God wrote the 10 commandments on our hearts. How and ever, you may all stand up to get this.

Even Richard Dawkins isn't 100% athiest.He says he is almost certain there is no God but as a scientist cant make the statement there is no God

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strong_atheism

sHnaCk wrote: »
    Jesus is the I am from Moses' burning bush. (I am assuming of course that pagans have perhaps heard or even read the account.) He was not just an appearence in the year dot - the original Hebrew texts catagorically point to Jesus in every way, shape and form. The New Testament is in the Old Testament concealed and in the New Testament revealed. Jesus is the creator and finisher of our faith. - another thing - the only reason pagans have any "moral" code, personal or otherwise is due to the truth that God wrote the 10 commandments on our hearts. How and ever, you may all stand up to get this.

Again more fantastical babble. Are you here to make a point of any sort or just to stir the **** a bit more?

Dawkins is actually ignorant in that he is unable to seperate any of the 3 major religeons and take them on. Why? It is only in pure generalisation that any of his BS can stand. The moment you seperate them the truth and light of the Christian faith... NOT the religeon is released. Religeon is only around because man, fearing a relationship with God, sacrificed the truth of the Bible with his own understanding of scripture. Hence CONTROL, which is all religeon is good for. Controlling.

Dawkins is actually ignorant in that he is unable to seperate any of the 3 major religeons and take them on. Why? It is only in pure generalisation that any of his BS can stand. The moment you seperate them the truth and light of the Christian faith... NOT the religeon is released. Religeon is only around because man, fearing a relationship with God, sacrificed the truth of the Bible with his own understanding of scripture. Hence CONTROL, which is all religeon is good for. Controlling.

So you support the use of religion to control & surpress people? :rolleyes: Sounds like a great thing to be involved in...

• Advertisement

Which part is fantastical?
    I have provided fact - which is impossible to refute as even athiests like dawkins do not deny these truths - they are simply unable to conclude anything different except vagories and conjecture.

I simply do not have enough faith to be an athiest is all.

So you support the use of religion to control & surpress people? :rolleyes: Sounds like a great thing to be involved in...
    Darkjager - no. I am niether religeous or seeking control. Read again. The reason pagans do not understand and cannot percieve the truth is that they have mindblindness and are not elect. hmm... wonder what that means?

Which part is fantastical?
    I have provided fact - which is impossible to refute as even athiests like dawkins do not deny these truths - they are simply unable to conclude anything different except vagories and conjecture.

I simply do not have enough faith to be an athiest is all.

You have provided fact?? You have come in here spouting a lot of nonsensical rhethoric about truth & light and controlling people with religion and you dare to call that fact of any sort? Its just making excuses for your inability to hold a conversation about relgion while keeping your comments based in reality.

Darkjager - no. I am niether religeous or seeking control. Read again. The reason pagans do not understand and cannot percieve the truth is that they have mindblindness and are not elect. hmm... wonder what that means?

Define mindblindness. I percieve that to mean they can enjoy themselves and life without regrets or the burden of following codes of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

awww, peoples first encounters with Suki are always heart warming.

@ Suki RE: skulls, you'll like this video.

RE: Questions... Suki, you have in the past made a point of saying that you have no intention of answering peoples questions, or reading long responses to your posts, that's hardly respectful...
    "Do on to others..."
    Also please consider putting some paragraphs into you posts, walls of text are sometimes hard to read.

RE: Jesus, on topic.
    I think that it is highly possible that there was a man, with that name, that wandered around the area at roughly that time.
    He may have claimed to have been God, he may not, the cult that built up around him may have deified him...
    Maybe the Romans killed him ... although I'm pretty sure the details of the story are pretty far from what is likely to have actually happened, the story doesn't make much sense... why would Pilate even offer to pardon Jesus... the man was recalled from office for being too cruel...

Imagine what the Scientologists will claim happened to Hubbard in a few hundred years, let alone 2000.
    Considering what they've already claimed
    The Church of Scientology announced Hubbard had deliberately discarded his body to do "higher level spiritual research," unencumbered by mortal confines, and was now living "on a planet a galaxy away."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 SilkySmooth

fitz0 wrote: »
    Yes you do have contempt for Christians. You seem to believe that there is something wrong with us and that you can fix us by "telling us there is no god." That is not only contemptuous to the individual but condescending too.

See what I did there? ;)

Every thread here seems to turn into a Christian-bashing fest, with atheists (not you Fizto in particular, just generally) claiming their being oppresed by christians, little realising they do exactly the same to Christians. I know some Christians can come off very self-righteous (again not anyone here in particular), but atheists certainly arent immune from that either.

I will get to mindblindness in the next post - but, what is it exactly Darkjager that you are arguing for or against? what you fail to understand is that people talk of an anti-christ and do not come to the realisation that the word is not a person but a belief or if you prefer a rebelion. If you are not for Christ you are ...hmm what? anti? As I said - you need to stand up for most of what I am saying as it is unfortunately going over your head - if you quietly asked God in your head to remove the mindblindness from you - He will. also, i am the least religeous person you wuld have the pleasure in meeting. Thank God for that.

I can happilly provide you with ANY proof of anything I say - strange how you only asked bout the blindness bit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Overblood wrote: »
    Don't forget that he was a freak of nature ie. a white caucasian with flowing hazel hair born in the middle east. Wierd eh?

We have no description of Christ, so I don't think it's safe to just go on peoples depictions of Him.
    Wicknight wrote:
    But we will probably never know. One should always remember though that it was his followers who wrote the history on Jesus. How seriously would any of us take a "David Koresh - What really happened" book written by the Branch Davidians?

David Koresh is a very interesting character though I must admit, someone who was seen as being dumb or lacking in intelligence due to his dyslexia learning the whole New Testament by the time he was 11 years old.

I will get to mindblindness in the next post - but, what is it exactly Darkjager that you are arguing for or against? what you fail to understand is that people talk of an anti-christ and do not come to the realisation that the word is not a person but a belief or if you prefer a rebelion. If you are not for Christ you are ...hmm what? anti? As I said - you need to stand up for most of what I am saying as it is unfortunately going over your head - if you quietly asked God in your head to remove the mindblindness from you - He will. also, i am the least religeous person you wuld have the pleasure in meeting. Thank God for that.

*deep breath* As I have said already in this thread, I am not for anybody in this arguement. I do not believe in a god, i do not believe in a satan and I do not believe any of the background to christianity. It is not just christiantity, I am against all forms of religion. As you so perfectly confirmed in an earlier post, its a supression tool - do as we say or you're going to hell. I cannot stand that ill-informed fantastical bull****, or the people who are so deluded to actually preach it like its written fact. This thread has proved that christians are unable to argue against the facts presented against their religion, yet they will spout anything to try and claw back some sort of validity for their beliefs.
    I can happilly provide you with ANY proof of anything I say - strange how you only asked bout the blindness bit?

OK, how about you prove that somebody has actually gotten rid of the "mindblindess" as you call it, by following the advice in your post? Do you get a certificate or some sort of "welcome to the club" letter once the "mindblindness" is removed? Also, I only asked you about it because it isn't actually a word ;)

• Advertisement

kiffer wrote: »
    RE: Jesus, on topic.
    I think that it is highly possible that there was a man, with that name, that wandered around the area at roughly that time.
    He may have claimed to have been God, he may not, the cult that built up around him may have deified him...
    Maybe the Romans killed him ... although I'm pretty sure the details of the story are pretty far from what is likely to have actually happened, the story doesn't make much sense... why would Pilate even offer to pardon Jesus... the man was recalled from office for being too cruel...

Sheesh - 1st it is historical and irrefutable fact that Jesus existed as a man. stop the ignorance man.

2nd - He did not claim to be God - We were told by God that He is Gods Son - also irrefutable, why irrefutable? the Gospels are corrobarated by secular history with too many eye witnesses and were written within the 70 year myth timespan also endorsed by secular historians.

as for the pilate bit... ah forget it

Advertisement