Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Darragh o se is another man id give a go to. He would offer inspiration to Kerry.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,344 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Stinicker wrote: »
    I'd love if Darragh Ó Sé were to get involved, he was such a father figure to the team in his time and he was especially good in battles against Cork. Whoever will get the job I wish them the best and we really need a good solid league performance and beat Cork in Killarney next year.

No managerial experience! Cannot see him getting the nod, although I reckon he would be a fine choice;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,344 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

DDC1990 wrote: »
    *** Blows Whistle ***

Right Full time! Would every one stop bickering

OK

and Fúck Off please!

Never

.;)

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Stinicker wrote: »
    I'd love if Darragh Ó Sé were to get involved, he was such a father figure to the team in his time and he was especially good in battles against Cork. Whoever will get the job I wish them the best and we really need a good solid league performance and beat Cork in Killarney next year.

No managerial experience! Cannot see him getting the nod, although I reckon he would be a fine choice;)

Would he go as a selector?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

teednab-el wrote: »
    Same as, and carcharodon ye know nothing about Gaa, your knowledge is so limited, stay away if yous can't offer anything better. At least Im passionate about Gaa follow all the games unlike yourselfs who are only wannabes and know nothing about the sport.

Haha, good man.

Pretty happy Jack is gone, a pretty unlikeable man,would love to see Darragh get involved, a true legend and a gent of a man.

• Advertisement

teednab-el wrote: »
    Would he go as a selector?

That would be the best place for him.

Fitz is the man to get ye back on the trail for Sam.

Haha, good man.
    :rolleyes:

Would O Cinniede(spelling) or Seamus Moynihan ever have interest in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

i think O 'Connor's reign will be set as a manager who could not get to grips with the northern tactics and especially Tyrone.. He may have beaten Tyrone this year but that is not the same Tyrone team of the past and the game didnt have the importance of an final. He did well but got handy all irelands from Mayo.. there will always be this comment to be made on O'Connor and kerrys reign during his time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

i think O 'Connor's reign will be set as a manager who could not get to grips with the northern tactics and especially Tyrone.. He may have beaten Tyrone this year but that is not the same Tyrone team of the past and the game didnt have the importance of an final. He did well but got handy all irelands from Mayo.. there will always be this comment to be made on O'Connor and kerrys reign during his time.
    Jack O'Connor will be remembered for 2004, 2006, 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

i think O 'Connor's reign will be set as a manager who could not get to grips with the northern tactics
    So the Armagh that Kerry played in in the All-Ireland Quarter Final of 2006 (when O'Connor was manager) wasn't a Northern team? :confused:

• Advertisement

DeepBlue wrote: »
    So the Armagh that Kerry played in in the All-Ireland Quarter Final of 2006 (when O'Connor was manager) wasn't a Northern team? :confused:
    Or Monaghan, Antrim, Tyrone that Jack Beat in his reign as a Kerry manager.

On the biggest days he failed to win against northern teams and in particular Tyrone. I know this for kerry people is a hard pill but he got handy all ireland especially Mayo. I remember watching Tyrone and thinking the spirit and dedication to the end result was unreal. To me Mickie Harte is an unreal manager and what he has done for Tyrone is in a totally different league. I just wish my own county could get Mickie Harte

I think the celebration after playing Tyrone this year displayed this hard pill but it was too little too late as the game was not a final and donegal beat them in the next round

Jack O'Connor will be remembered for 2004, 2006, 2009.

Mayo Mayo Cork, not the same. Look he did well and I would not take that away from him

Mayo Mayo Cork, not the same. Look he did well and I would not take that away from him
    The fact is Dblin, Tyrone, Armagh, whoever you'd consider a tough team weren't good enough to beat either Kerry or Mayo/Cork those years.

The same 33 teams are in the Championship every year.

Therefor there is no such thing as an easy All Ireland.

Some are easier FINALS, but an All Ireland is not won on one day in September. There is a years worth of work gone into that one day, and you try and tell any All Ireland winner their medel was an easy one to win, and see how far you get.

The only teams that don't seem to win easy All Irelands are the ones that beat Kerry in the Final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

What about Liam Kearns? I think he might be up to the task but like most I'd like to see Buckley as the next trainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭elguapo

Or Monaghan, Antrim, Tyrone that Jack Beat in his reign as a Kerry manager.

Don't forget Derry in 2004. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

The next fcukin person that mentions a 'soft All Ireland' should be permanently banned IMO, its a myth and doesn't exist :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

The next fcukin person that mentions a 'soft All Ireland' should be permanently banned IMO, its a myth and doesn't exist :mad:

The GAA forum mods will take care of enforcement issues thank you.

Let me also ask you to refrain from using bad language and backseat moderating.

Thank you for reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

8bab15c4_ike_where_this_thread_is_going-vi.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Thank god a terrible poster like premierstone gets it in the neck after the three or four days of exceptional stuff we've had recently!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I dunno. Dublin got an All-Ireland literally handed to them last year. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I dunno. Dublin got an All-Ireland literally handed to them last year. :pac:

.... and for that we are truly grateful.... thank you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

Where is the choker these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭the_big_shmoke

SomeFool wrote: »
    What about Liam Kearns?

lets leave him win a county championship with rathmore 1st!!

The fact is Dblin, Tyrone, Armagh, whoever you'd consider a tough team weren't good enough to beat either Kerry or Mayo/Cork those years.

The same 33 teams are in the Championship every year.

Therefor there is no such thing as an easy All Ireland.

Some are easier FINALS, but an All Ireland is not won on one day in September. There is a years worth of work gone into that one day, and you try and tell any All Ireland winner their medel was an easy one to win, and see how far you get.

The only teams that don't seem to win easy All Irelands are the ones that beat Kerry in the Final.

When the last two teams make the final, the pressure is immence on managers and players. It is my opinion and some more may have the same opinion that the best of a team is truly reflected on this day. Some people can take the pressure better and display this in the all ireland final. Kerry have been turned over by northern oposition and in particular Tyrone. Some teams peak for whatever reason and dont perform in the final take for example mayo against dublin in 2006 and then totally freeze in the final. I think alot of teams in Ireland would have beaten Mayo in 2004 and 2006 on all ireland final as they failed to give any kind of a performance. This makes it alot easier to hold out and win. When a game is fought tooth and nail by two teams, you truly see the inner belief in a team.

If Kerry in their prime meet tyrone in their prime, I would bet on Tyrone for two simple reasons
    (1) They had players that were willing to do anything to win the final and truly believed in this.
    (2) They had a better manager as he installed (1) in the players OS

I think a manager drives his personality on a team and I think O'Connor did well but fell down on really big days (finals) against northern teams and for this reason I think he will always have this criticism laid on his door. It has merit in my eyes and I think other people see this as well. This may be a hard pill for Kerry people to swallow but it is a valid criticism

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭elguapo

When the last two teams make the final, the pressure is immence on managers and players. It is my opinion and some more may have the same opinion that the best of a team is truly reflected on this day. Some people can take the pressure better and display this in the all ireland final. Kerry have been turned over by northern oposition and in particular Tyrone. Some teams peak for whatever reason and dont perform in the final take for example mayo against dublin in 2006 and then totally freeze in the final. I think alot of teams in Ireland would have beaten Mayo in 2004 and 2006 on all ireland final as they failed to give any kind of a performance. This makes it alot easier to hold out and win. When a game is fought tooth and nail by two teams, you truly see the inner belief in a team.

If Kerry in their prime meet tyrone in their prime, I would bet on Tyrone for two simple reasons
    (1) They had players that were willing to do anything to win the final and truly believed in this.
    (2) They had a better manager as he installed (1) in the players OS

I think a manager drives his personality on a team and I think O'Connor did well but fell down on really big days (finals) against northern teams and for this reason I think he will always have this criticism laid on his door. It has merit in my eyes and I think other people see this as well. This may be a hard pill for Kerry people to swallow but it is a valid criticism

Point of fact: Jack O'Connor faced Tyrone once in an AI final, in 2005. They were beaten by the better team on the day. Kerry played really well that day, Tyrone were phenomenal. Don't see why that merits criticism.

As for your point about loads of teams being able to beat Mayo in 2004 and 2006, whichever teams you're referring to weren't in the final because they either (a) weren't good enough to beat Mayo, or (b) good enough to beat Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭wonga77

lets leave him win a county championship with rathmore 1st!!

Isnt he gone from them?

Great to see the good people of Kerry sign up to the new GAA initiative of adopt a team, when your own team is knocked out of the championship. Pat & the lads bringing a little bit of sunshine to Dingle at the moment .. or Paidí as he prefers to be known while down there ;)

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Great to see the good people of Kerry sign up to the new GAA initiative of adopt a team, when your own team is knocked out of the championship. Pat & the lads bringing a little bit of sunshine to Dingle at the moment .. or Paidí as he prefers to be known while down there ;)
    Not familiar with that scheme Docta, can you tell me what it was like for the last 16 years?

:P

• Advertisement

Not familiar with that scheme Docta, can you tell me what it was like for the last 16 years?

:P

LMAO ... naw it's only a new initiative DDC, started last year :D - previously our fellas just got their ManU/Celtic jerseys out of da wash

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement