Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Same As wrote: »
    Who do we want as a replacement? An entire overhaul of selectors? Internal or external candidate for the job?
    Surely an external manager would be heresy in Kerry? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Surely an external manager would be heresy in Kerry? :eek:

Probably bordering sacrilege alright, but no harm in considering it at least.

A lot of talk that Fitzmaurice will step up? Hard to say now, I'm sure things will become a lot clearer in the coming weeks. Would very much like to see Donie Buckley back in the fold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

So not for the first time Jack has stepped down from the Kerry job

http://www.livegaelic.com/news/oconnor-leaves-kerry-post/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

tipp1986 wrote: »
    So not for the first time Jack has stepped down from the Kerry job

http://www.livegaelic.com/news/oconnor-leaves-kerry-post/[/QUOTE]

He had little to offer. Expect some players to follow suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

elguapo wrote: »
    This "handy All-Ireland" thing makes me laugh, and it always seems to be Kerry who win them. I wonder if people would be happier if Kerry played like s**t and barely beat Mayo and Cork in those All-Irelands, so we could say we won a few close ones. If you're 10 points a better team, you should beat the opposition by 10 points, winning by less proves nothing.

Kerry probably aren't currently in the top 3 teams in the country, but don't forget that we only lost by 2 yesterday, conceding a fluke goal, losing Eoin Brosnan and Brian Sheehan to injury, with Gooch hobbling on one foot during the second half.

Football is changing, but Kerry can and will change with it and be a top team. It might not happen immediately, but I'm confident it will happen in the next few years.

Not true. It's widely acknowledged that KK won very handy allirelands in hurling V Limk in 07 and waterford in 08.

In fairness, Mayo were a complete embarrassment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Merged threads

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Mickey Harte is the 1/6 favourite to be the next Kerry Manager! Must be some inside information that we don't know about!!!

Eamonn Fitz is next at 2/1

***Disclaimer: 100% totally untrue!***

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Hope they give Fitzmaurice the job,I dont really buy into this "he's too inexperienced" talk,the man has a great football brain and is highly respected by the players,he is young and im sure if given the chance and time to put his stamp on the team he would be a great choice as next Kerry manager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Mickey Harte is the 1/6 favourite to be the next Kerry Manager! Must be some inside information that we don't know about!!!

Eamonn Fitz is next at 2/1

***Disclaimer: 100% totally untrue!***

Where are you seeing this? Can't find it anywhere. Some sort of play on the Tyrone total score vs Kerry in the qualifiers?

I'll get my coat :o .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭kerryted

bring back Paidi O Se he got us out of a tight spot back in 97 his my man for the job, outside manager, never happen,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

He had to go really. It will be very interesting who comes in. Fitz will surely be a popular choice I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

The word down in kerry is that mickey mouse is going to be the next manager. Such a star will have a big impact on Kerry football.

teednab-el wrote: »
    The word down in kerry is that mickey mouse is going to be the next manager. Such a star will have a big impact on Kerry football.
    Hai, even with Mickey Mouse in charge we'd still kick the shíte out of ye in Croker :P ;)

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Hai, even with Mickey Mouse in charge we'd still kick the shíte out of ye in Croker :P ;)

Those days are over kid.. Cork would have destroyed Kerry the last day out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I am convinced Cork would have beaten Kerry aswell and I actually wanted Kerry to beat Donegal - but of course they didn't - so we'll have to wait another year for that pleasure - if they get there that is.;)

Not till ye get the Monkey off the back.

Ye need a day like we had down in Fitzgerald Stadium against Tyrone.

It didn't matter that Tyrone were a shadow of themselves, it was a case of righting wrongs etc. :P

A lot of Kerry people are happy with the season simply because of that day. Lads like Galvin, Gooch, Tomás, Brosnan, who'd been around for all or most of the beatings got their chance to prove that they could do it.

I'd imagine that day would have come this year for Cork if Kerry had managed to get over Donegal. Guys like Canty, Noel O'Leary, Quirke (especially Quirke, after the missing goalie debacle), Donnacha O'Connor etc. They would have torn into Kerry on the day, and given us a hiding i'd imagine.

However, until that day comes, we welcome our American Rodent overlord with open arms!

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭holdfast

all you can do is hope teednabl they are over.:D

holdfast wrote: »
    all you can do is hope teednabl they are over.:D
    A long future there yet, next year will be fine though. im confident the next time we meet in croke park we will bury a few demons. Guys don't forget ye never defeated that Tyrone team in croke park either :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭holdfast

Confidence that one thing Corkman are not short of lad. That is to be expected. For a man that from cork, you do the majority of posting here. Anyway just a luker here myself. I do enjoy what you bring to the table:D

Guys don't forget ye never defeated that Tyrone team in croke park either :D
    Yerra, but.... :pac:

• Advertisement

Surprised that's even in color :pac:

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I'm having difficulty finding a youtube clip of Cork beating Kerry in Croke park. Any help? In colour or black and white would be fine. :pac:

I'm having difficulty finding a youtube clip of Cork beating Kerry in Croke park. Any help? In colour or black and white would be fine. :pac:

If only Kerry played hurling:pac:

Top Class banter! Lovely stuff! :P

ShamoBuc wrote: »

Well there isn't because Kerry aren't there to meet Cork.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Which is just as-well for Cork tbh, I think another defeat to Kerry in Croker could lead to further significant phychological issues for that Cork team. The Green and Gold of Donegal will probably envoke enough fear and pain to perturb this as of yet underwhelming Cork team.

Cork just can't perform against Green and Gold, whether it is Kerry grinding them year in, year out or even Meath, Donegal will be just another team to inflict green and gold misery on Cork. But at least there is Leitrim, Cork might scrape a win there should they ever meet them.

Stinicker wrote: »
    Which is just as-well for Cork tbh, I think another defeat to Kerry in Croker could lead to further significant phychological issues for that Cork team. The Green and Gold of Donegal will probably envoke enough fear and pain to perturb this as of yet underwhelming Cork team.

Cork just can't perform against Green and Gold, whether it is Kerry grinding them year in, year out or even Meath, Donegal will be just another team to inflict green and gold misery on Cork. But at least there is Leitrim, Cork might scrape a win there should they ever meet them.
    It was all going well!

We were having good fun... and you got all serious, and off the wall!

Boo!

Stinicker wrote: »

lol Jealous your team isn't in the semi final? Did you watch the Munster semi final stnicker, Cork Barrelled Kerry out the park inflicting a lot of pain and misery on an old and aging Kerry team.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭elguapo

I think the lads were having what is known as "the craic". When it comes to anything related to Cork v Kerry, you don't seem to want to partake.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

lol Jealous your team isn't in the semi final? Did you watch the Munster semi final stnicker, Cork Barrelled Kerry out the park inflicting a lot of pain and misery on an old and aging Kerry team.

Yes I did and I was there as I attend games. You should have been in Croke Park today and also last Sunday if you want to call yourself a Cork supporter. Instead you are here discussing Kerry football :confused: :pac: Some Cork supporter you are! :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement