Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Just heard from a friend, who was on the Laois panel under Micko, that Micko's Wife Mary Carmel O'Dwyer has died.

No confirmation as yet, but this guy wouldn't be one for making stuff up.

RIP agus Ar Dheis lámh dé go raibh a anam.

Yeah its on the I.T site now. Sad news. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

I think Kierans 5/1 for championship is worth a punt.They been training longer than any other side Ive heard and are all fully focused on this.A strong team who have to beat dingle and more than likely crokes in final and I think they will do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

I think Kierans 5/1 for championship is worth a punt.They been training longer than any other side Ive heard and are all fully focused on this.A strong team who have to beat dingle and more than likely crokes in final and I think they will do it.
    No one will beat the Crokes IMO.

They made shíte of a decent Stacks team, who I thought would trouble them. (They did have a man less for most of the game though).

Kierans are going well though. Have beaten some good teams themselves this year.

Soft ground is made for the Geaneys though, and Dingle are scoring goals for fun it seems. It could be a very high scoring game.

EDIT: Also I had the misfortune to get the "Best All Irelands of the last 25 Years" supplement from the Independant last week.
    Kerry won All Irelands in 1997, 2000, 2004, 2006, 2007 and 2009.

Basically the Editor decided that 4 of the 6 Finals that Kerry won were in the worst 5 Finals of the last 25 years.

4 of the Finals that Kerry lost were in the top 5 including all of the top 3!

Big headline on the Top final (2008) - "Cavanagh decides argument of the decade" (or something along those lines).

I flicked through it and binned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Kierans didn't get over a 14 man Strand Road team with a whole lot to spare and that was with two extremely soft goals in their favour. Wouldn't rate them much at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Dingle v Crokes in a winners takes all County Final on the 28th i.e. winners will represent Kerry in Munster the week after the final.

Kierans will be kicking themselves that some soft goals beat them. They had plenty of possession but the Geaneys have a great eye for a goal.

Crokes never left second gear against Laune Rangers who had no answer to the movement of the Gooch and rest of the Crokes Forwards.

Surely Fionn Fitzgerald and Johnny Buckley deserve a few matches with Kerry in the League next season

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Will the final be televised on tnag again this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Will the final be televised on tnag again this year?

With Dingle involved it surely will

Crokes looking comfortable as usual.

Tactics have changed this year. They kep it tight and draw into a shell in the first half, then grind teams down in the second half with their quick movement, surely due to them fading against Crossmaglen last year after blitzing them to begin with.

Dingle get goals though.

Lots and lots of goals :P

Could be a good game, with Dingle showing no fear against any side they have faced this year.

Crokes have to be hot favourites, not only for Kerry but for Munster I'd imagine.

They have their sights set further afield even.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

With Dingle involved it surely will

Good, I can't make it down in time after work

Good, I can't make it down in time after work

Dont take my word for it though :) Check the tg4 website the week before the game just to be sure

• Advertisement

The other option might be the Crokes Website.

They often stream their games live (although I havn't checked in a good while).

If its not on TG4, It might end up on that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

The Kerry final is on most if not every year on TG4 i think

Just went onto the Crokes Website. They had the Laune Rangers game streaming live so Its almost certainly going to be online somewhere.

Also had a look back at the highlights.

2 laughable decisions, the "Point" by Chris Brady which was very much wide and the "Wide" by Daithí Casey which looked clearly over the bar.

A case of evening things up, but two very bad calls, from being at it live and seeing the replays.

TnaG have the rights to all County Finals i believe, so they tend to show one live, deferred coverage of another and highlights of the rest where they had cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Axel Lamp wrote: »
    TnaG have the rights to all County Finals i believe, so they tend to show one live, deferred coverage of another and highlights of the rest where they had cameras.
    What other county finals are on the 28th? - I know Corks is

D'Agger wrote: »
    What other county finals are on the 28th? - I know Corks is

No idea, but the thrown in for the final has been changed to 3:15 now by request from TnaG

Due to the The Garvey's Supervalu Senior County Championship being covered LIVE by TG4 there is a slight change to the throw in times on Sunday 28th October.

The Garvey's Supervalu Senior County Championship Dr. Crokes V Daingean Uí Chúis : 3.15pm

The Castleisland Mart Intermediate Championship: Spa V Finuge:1.15pm

http://www.kerrygaa.ie/news.php?item=445&full=y

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭wonga77

I cant see it happening but a Dingle win would be great for the county championship. Crokes are a great team but you do get fed up watching them win it so often. The intermediate final is a joke, Spa must be waiting some 5 months at this stage since the semi

wonga77 wrote: »
    I cant see it happening but a Dingle win would be great for the county championship. Crokes are a great team but you do get fed up watching them win it so often. The intermediate final is a joke, Spa must be waiting some 5 months at this stage since the semi

The Junior final was only played last week and both competitions started the same weekend in April I think,as you said it is a joke

wonga77 wrote: »

Win it so often???

Being winners in 1901, 1912, 1913, 1914, 1991, 2000, 2010 and 2011 is hardly a lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭wonga77

Congrats on your use of wiki. I guess i thought they had won it more often, probably because they have represented Kerry in the munster championship a few extra times because of divisional sides not being allowed to progress. Either way, i would like to see Dingle win it out. I think Spa will win the intermediate too. Finuge have lost a few finals in the last few years which should motivate them but i have seen both in action this year and think Spa have the better scoring threat to win it out

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Carrollman

Lads im doing a thesis on ACL injuries in Kerry GAA in the last 3 years and would appreciate if you know anyone who has done it or if you have done it then would you be able to complete the questionnaire below. It wont take 2 minutes and is for a good cause

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&formkey=dE5qVndoNnotRHExNnNpV0hOQXVaZmc6MQ

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Hearing a rumour that the Dublin v Kerry NFL game scheduled for 7pm on Saturday 9th Feb in Tralee has now being rescheduled for Sunday 10th at 2.30pm in Killarney. Any truth in this?

I know a lot of lads (myself included) had booked hotels and others had booked flights to coincide with a Saturday evening throw-in

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

dcr22B wrote: »
    Hearing a rumour that the Dublin v Kerry NFL game scheduled for 7pm on Saturday 9th Feb in Tralee has now being rescheduled for Sunday 10th at 2.30pm in Killarney. Any truth in this?

I know a lot of lads (myself included) had booked hotels and others had booked flights to coincide with a Saturday evening throw-in

They were only provisional fixtures as far as I was aware so it is possible it is changed unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

They were only provisional fixtures as far as I was aware so it is possible it is changed unfortunately
    Personally it won't hit the pocket too hard either way but I think I remember there being an agreement that Dublin games in the Kingdom alternated between Tralee and Killarney.

I don't think it would make a difference crowdwise where they held the game but my guess is that Setanta would want the Saturday night coverage of the game hence it being originally mooted for Austin Stack Park.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭tatoo

Is Paul Galvin suspended for Sundays club game against St.Vincents ?

tatoo wrote: »
    Is Paul Galvin suspended for Sundays club game against St.Vincents ?
    I believe so, yes

Did an interview with Tommy Walsh for LiveGaelic about how he's getting on at the moment if anyone's interested:

http://www.livegaelic.com/features/livegaelic-com-talks-to-all-ireland-winner-and-afl-star-tommy-walsh/

keane2097 wrote: »
    Did an interview with Tommy Walsh for LiveGaelic about how he's getting on at the moment if anyone's interested:

http://www.livegaelic.com/features/livegaelic-com-talks-to-all-ireland-winner-and-afl-star-tommy-walsh/
    Short and sweet - nice read Keano, wp

• Advertisement

D'Agger wrote: »
    Short and sweet - nice read Keano, wp

Cheers bud, when you home for Xmas?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement