Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

I don't think Beale have 5 or 6 outstanding players. I would say they have one, James McMahon, and he has no interest playing with Shannon Rangers so what are they to do.

Regarding last years campaign I think they totally over achieved.

I just don't think they have enough good players at their disposal. You need a few good county players to back bone the team.

Also playing young lads of 17/18/19 isn't the ideal scenario but when no one else turns up their hand is forced.

First of all, 12 of the starting 15 from Shannon Rangers semi final line-up last year had worn the Kerry jersey at some level, so I disagree on the lack of quality. They hammered South Kerry fair and square in the quarter final aswell so quite how you think they "over achieved" I don't know.

You are right about James McMahon, which is a pity. He is not the only good player Beale have though. Ger O'Gorman, Jeremy King, Paul Collins have all performed very well at stages in County Championship. They have a couple of good younger players coming through also.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

First of all, 12 of the starting 15 from Shannon Rangers semi final line-up last year had worn the Kerry jersey at some level, so I disagree on the lack of quality. They hammered South Kerry fair and square in the quarter final aswell so quite how you think they "over achieved" I don't know.

You are right about James McMahon, which is a pity. He is not the only good player Beale have though. Ger O'Gorman, Jeremy King, Paul Collins have all performed very well at stages in County Championship. They have a couple of good younger players coming through also.

Before last year Shannon Rangers hadn't got to a quarter final in a long long time.

In my opinion they are the weakest divisional side.

Tarbert and Beale are the only two teams up in the higher divisions and all clubs are Junior level or below.

Before last year Shannon Rangers hadn't got to a quarter final in a long long time.

In my opinion they are the weakest divisional side.

Tarbert and Beale are the only two teams up in the higher divisions and all clubs are Junior level or below.

The weakest divisional side?! Ah here. :rolleyes:

Their record is poor over recent years, but got to a semi final last year and at full strength have quite a strong team. Much stronger than you seem to realise.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

I'm not trying to argue with you or anything but who are they stronger than? I just don't see it to be honest. Of the list below the only teams they might come close to are St Brendans and Feale Rangers. I still think they're bottom of the pile though.

West Kerry
    Kenmare
    St Brendans
    South Kerry
    Mid Kerry
    East Kerry
    St. Kierans
    Feale Rangers

I'm not trying to argue with you or anything but who are they stronger than? I just don't see it to be honest. Of the list below the only teams they might come close to are St Brendans and Feale Rangers. I still think they're bottom of the pile though.

West Kerry
    Kenmare
    St Brendans
    South Kerry
    Mid Kerry
    East Kerry
    St. Kierans
    Feale Rangers

Well, last year they were far better than West Kerry, Kenmare, Brendans, South Kerry, East Kerry, Kierans and Feale Rangers based on the championship.

Definitely gone backwards this year but didn't have a full deck against Crokes and will hopefully improve. With a full team and fit, they'd still beat Brendans and Kenmare every day of the week, so your statement that they are bottom of the pile is just plain wrong. I'm not expecting much from them this year though as standards have slipped massively from what I'm hearing, plus quite a few of the better players are unavailable for various reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Christy Ring Semi Final against Kildare on tomorrow in Newbridge,should be a tough game,we will be missing one of our best players Patrick Kelly,he has club commitments which is a pity,since he made the move out of full back to midfield he has been outstanding and will be a big loss to the team tomorrow

Team for tomorrow,best of luck to all involved

1 Stephen Murphy Causeway

2 Rory Horgan St Brendans

3 Paud Costelloe Ballyduff

4 Bryan Murphy Causeway

5 Daniel Collins Kilmoyley

6 Darren DineenSt Brendans

7 Keith CarmodyCauseway

8 John Griffin (c) Lixnaw

9 John Egan St Brendans

10 Michael O’Leary Abbeydorney

11 Shane Nolan Crotta O’Neills

12 Colum Harty Causeway

13 Mikey Boyle Ballyduff

14 Padraig Boyle Ballyduff

15 David Butler Knockavilla Kickhams

Fir Ionaid:

16 James Logue Ballingarry

17 Tommy Casey Causeway

18 Dougie Fitzell Kilmoyley

19 James Flaherty Lixnaw

20 Philip Lucid Ballyheigue

21 John O’Neill Clonoulty-Rossmore

22 Brendan O’Leary Abbeydorney

23 Adrian Royle Kilmoyley

24 Darragh Shanahan Lixnaw

25 Sean Weir Crotta O’Neills

26 Giles O’Grady Ballyduff

We are flying it so far,up 3-12 to 0-03

Padraig and Mikey Boyle and David Butler with the goals,Shane Nolan also missed a penalty

Kildare also down to 14 men

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Sensational stuff. Hopefully they can seal the deal now on the second half and we get our first trip to Croke Park next Saturday!

5-20 to 4pts now

Kerry have been building slowly up today's game,werent impressive against Down and Meath but they had a good run out against Ballybrown and the Tipp Intermediates a few weeks back,put up a big score as well,also spent a weekend up in Clare

Last year we got caught in the final hopefully this year we can seal the deal.

• Advertisement

38 point lead!!

6-27 to 0-09 now

That must be a record score for the Kerry hurlers

Any idea of the start time next Saturday?

Down or Derry in the final, will be much tougher than today for sure.

Any idea of the start time next Saturday?

Down or Derry in the final, will be much tougher than today for sure.

Could be a 4pm throw in next week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,800 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

FT Derry 0-23 2-12 Down

After the draw in the first round of the League, nothing will be taken for granted!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

What a magic year it would be, after the disappointments last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,797 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

If ye get beat next week it will be a disaster. Ur miles ahead of every other team in the Christy ring

"@radiokerrysport: Kerry take on Derry in the Christy Ring Cup Final next Saturday in Croke Park at 5:30!"

"@radiokerrysport: Kerry take on Derry in the Christy Ring Cup Final next Saturday in Croke Park at 5:30!"

I thought/hoped they might have moved it forward to a earlier throw in time,when Kerry beat Wicklow in 2011 the Christy Ring Final was the middle game of the three finals that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,800 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

I thought/hoped they might have moved it forward to a earlier throw in time,when Kerry beat Wicklow in 2011 the Christy Ring Final was the middle game of the three finals that day.

Presumably, TG4 have figured they'll get better ratings then than earlier in the afternoon.

• Advertisement

Presumably, TG4 have figured they'll get better ratings then than earlier in the afternoon.

Ya that's true,fair play to them for showing the finals this year.

About time it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Conor52

From independent.ie:
    "Mikey Boyle scored four girls as Kerry hammered Kildare to reach next week’s Christy Ring Cup final."

Some man for one man, our Mikey :-)

Edit: they've corrected it now

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

Mikeys energy levels will hopefully be back to normal by next week!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Darragh O'Connell makes his championship debut for the Dubs.

Delighted for him.

Edit: I watched Darragh play in McHale Park against Mayo along with maybe 300 others this weekend last year. Bit of a jump.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I was at the Tipp Waterford game yesterday. They will be a good test. Stephen O'Brien is very talented.

keane2097 wrote: »
    I was at the Tipp Waterford game yesterday. They will be a good test. Stephen O'Brien is very talented.

O'Brien isn't bad (especially for a fella that doesn't play any club football!), but O'Riordan is a classier operator.I'm watching Pearse O'Neill trying to take frees here..it's exactly how you'd imagine. Hannigan is a good grafter aswell and Peter Acheson has dominated midfield in many underage and colleges games. (Comfortable at 6 also)
    Tipp will be a dangerous team for anyone to face if they keep things going..and that includes Kerry on the 14th.

The whole country expects us to win but Tipp will be one of our most difficult games this year.they are now the most underrated team in Ireland and perhaps the best team outside the main 8 teams in the country.

Is it on TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,012 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

No, not on TV

Are the footballers gone off to Portugal today?

• Advertisement

Are the footballers gone off to Portugal today?

think so, but theres about 10 lads injured and staying at home....we are going into this game, very very vulnerable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement