Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Austin Stacks v St Mls/F’more

Kerins O’Rahillys v Rathmore - Tie of the round can't call it

Shannon Rgs v Dr Crokes

St Kierans v Feale Rgs

East Kerry
    v Ardfert

Mid Kerry v Killarney Legion

Laune Rgs v West Kerry

Kilcummin v South Kerry

Kenmare District v St Brendans

Miltown/C’maine v Dingle

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Would agree with Prop on those outcomes - might be worth an accumulator!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

D'Agger wrote: »
    Would agree with Prop on those outcomes - might be worth an accumulator!

Would stay away from backing anything involving the divisional teams - far too much of the unknown quantity about them, especially in the first round.

Prop Joe wrote: »
    Kerins O’Rahillys v Rathmore - Tie of the round can't call it

Rathmore available at 7/4 which looks a bit like value to me.

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Would stay away from backing anything involving the divisional teams - far too much of the unknown quantity about them, especially in the first round.
    Yeah would wary of them alright - Legion could well beat Mid Kerry on their day, would still expect East Kerry & Kenmare district to win though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Stacks, Crokes, South Kerry and Dingle should all win for sure. The rest you wouldn't go mad on.
    As Boom_boom says, divisional teams are at their worst in Round 1, which is one of the main reasons a straight knockout championship is a crazy idea in my view. Many divisions will not get their best 15 on the field together until the day of championship or maybe even round 2 in some cases.

Kenmare have played quite a few challenge games and prepared well enough, so they would appear to be well placed to beat Brendans alright. East Kerry and Mid Kerry in full flow would certainly expect to account for Ardfert and Legion, but I don't know how either team have prepared. Legion are going well enough and have the players to beat Mid Kerry if they're not on their game.

Kierans v Feale Rangers, well I know Feale Rangers have struggled preparation-wise, don't know about Kierans. Too hard to call really. If Feale got near their strongest team on the field they'd be very hard to beat, but of course that's just in theory.

Not sure why people are making Laune Rangers favourites over West Kerry. Toss of a coin I'd say. I know the Killorglin lads usually put in a good effort for Championship, but they are going poorly in Division 2 again this year. Annascaul and the Gaeltacht are high in Div 3 and Castle are top of Division 4. Lispole will provide 1 or 2 good players as always even though they are near the bottom of div 4. Again, depending on personnel, I would find it very hard to call that game.

Naries v Rathmore culd be a cracker. Rathmore ae just coming into form and are always very sticky come championship. Naries are a division above them and have the stronger side on paper. You'd be hoping from a Kerry perspective that Moran, BJK and Walsh would have enough class to see them over the line. Will not be easy though.

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Rathmore available at 7/4 which looks a bit like value to me.

Pints are on me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭wonga77

il be backing Kilcummin tomorrow at 4.2. South Kerry are much weaker than last year and im not convinced by their team

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

wonga77 wrote:
    il be backing Kilcummin tomorrow at 4.2. South Kerry are much weaker than last year and im not convinced by their team

What are these decimals you speak of?

Some interesting refereeing in the Naries v Rathmore game this evening apparently! Can't wait to hear Keane's "analysis"..
    Big win for Rathmore.

All other games went pretty much as expected. Thought Stacks would win by more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Some interesting refereeing in the Naries v Rathmore game this evening apparently! Can't wait to hear Keane's "analysis"..
    Big win for Rathmore.

All other games went pretty much as expected. Thought Stacks would win by more.

By interesting do you mean abysmal?
    That will leave a bitter taste in the Rahillys mouths I'd imagine- he was shocking to say the least.

By interesting do you mean abysmal?
    That will leave a bitter taste in the Rahillys mouths I'd imagine- he was shocking to say the least.

I have got several neutrals telling me he was a joke. A ball hit a mentor at one stage and he let play go on, from which a Rathmore score resulted..apparently!

I have got several neutrals telling me he was a joke. A ball hit a mentor at one stage and he let play go on, from which a Rathmore score resulted..apparently!

Sure I'm a neutral aswell and actually had Rathmore in an accumulator (thats just waiting on Kenmare and Chelsea) but my god the ref was very poor.

I ended up cheering for Rahillys as it was crazy to watch what was going on t times. Tom Sullivan hit Savage a slap of an elbow that the ref saw and h just booked him. Sullivan went on to give away a penalty and 2 scoreable frees and still not be sent off.

The ball hinting the mentor and play going on was like a comedy sketch to be honest! The ref had a really poor understanding of the basic rules of the game.

Sure I'm a neutral aswell and actually had Rathmore in an accumulator (thats just waiting on Kenmare and Chelsea) but my god the ref was very poor.

I ended up cheering for Rahillys as it was crazy to watch what was going on t times. Tom Sullivan hit Savage a slap of an elbow that the ref saw and h just booked him. Sullivan went on to give away a penalty and 2 scoreable frees and still not be sent off.

The ball hinting the mentor and play going on was like a comedy sketch to be honest! The ref had a really poor understanding of the basic rules of the game.

Christ almighty..who was the ref? Sounds farcical altogether. Much and all as Senior championship is a good battleground for toughening younger fellas, I hate hearing about persistent blackguarding of the sort described, going unpunished.

Christ almighty..who was the ref? Sounds farcical altogether. Much and all as Senior championship is a good battleground for toughening younger fellas, I hate hearing about persistent blackguarding of the sort described, going unpunished.

Peter Lyons.
    Savage was getting an awful time in the first half- I saw 3 separate players hit him very hard and very late in the chest.
    The ref didnt know what to do and he was really, really poor.

Be that as it may- Rahillys were still poor and their Kerry players didnt perform at all. Also their defence was almost as bad as the ref.

Peter Lyons.
    Savage was getting an awful time in the first half- I saw 3 separate players hit him very hard and very late in the chest.
    The ref didnt know what to do and he was really, really poor.

Be that as it may- Rahillys were still poor and their Kerry players didnt perform at all. Also their defence was almost as bad as the ref.

No wonder Barry O'Shea was moaning about the relegation system. He must've foreseen this. Poor result for the Naries really.

Surprised with Peter Lyons, he's normally not that bad.

No wonder Barry O'Shea was moaning about the relegation system. He must've foreseen this. Poor result for the Naries really.

Surprised with Peter Lyons, he's normally not that bad.

By the looks of things- Barry O Shea is on a quest to get them relegated.
    Rahillys tactics tonight were laughable and also they didnt look particularly fit

By the looks of things- Barry O Shea is on a quest to get them relegated.
    Rahillys tactics tonight were laughable and also they didnt look particularly fit

You serious? Do they not have Joe O'Connor from IT Tralee training them?..and yer man Maurice Horan as a "director of football" sort?
    Fairly poor show if they didn't even look fit with all that.

You serious? Do they not have Joe O'Connor from IT Tralee training them?..and yer man Maurice Horan as a "director of football" sort?
    Fairly poor show if they didn't even look fit with all that.

I dont know who those 2 boys are but all I can say is that they seemed to run out of gas easily, be second to a lot of balls and had 1 or 2 boys who were dragging their arses along the ground

Lyons is experienced enough you would think at this stage. Strange he wouldnt send Tom Sullivan off if it was that obvious

• Advertisement

I dont know who those 2 boys are but all I can say is that they seemed to run out of gas easily, be second to a lot of balls and had 1 or 2 boys who were dragging their arses along the ground

Joe O'Connor trained Clare Hurlers to win the All Ireland and is very highly regarded so shocked to hear they didn't look fit. Maybe I'd heard wrong and he isn't involved. Keane will clarify at some point I'm sure..Stacks won aswell, so he'll be in an extra good mood. :p

wonga77 wrote: »
    Lyons is experienced enough you would think at this stage. Strange he wouldnt send Tom Sullivan off if it was that obvious

Well he was booked in the first half and then pulled Tommy Walsh down twice about 25 yards from goal which probably warranted a second yellow for 2 clear fouls when in a good scoring position.
    After the above- he then gave away a penalty by pulling down Tommy when he was through on goal and that should clearly have been a yellow/black card.

It was strange to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

When I heard Peter Lyons was reffing I said oh he's pretty good isn't he. My father looked at me agog and said are you ****ing mad, he haaaaaaaates us. He was really terrible.

We were useless but it's still very hard to take. It's not good enough, and there's really no way Lyons is that bad - it's plainly deliberate.

keane2097 wrote: »
    When I heard Peter Lyons was reffing I said oh he's pretty good isn't he. My father looked at me agog and said are you ****ing mad, he haaaaaaaates us. He was really terrible.

We were useless but it's still very hard to take. It's not good enough, and there's really no way Lyons is that bad - it's plainly deliberate.

Any match report for us?
    The one I'm most interested in is the question of Tom O Sullivan not being sent off- I have seen it discussed elsewhere aswell so it seems to be a valid point to raise

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Any match report for us?
    The one I'm most interested in is the question of Tom O Sullivan not being sent off- I have seen it discussed elsewhere aswell so it seems to be a valid point to raise

Yeah I can put some thoughts together when I get back to Dublin this evening, only on the phone now

There isnt a club player in the county who's team hasnt had a run in with Lyons at some stage. Anyone ive been talking to seems completely amazed at Tom Sullivan staying on the field

James O D, Pa Kilkenny and Killian Young all ruled out today for their teams.

James O D, Pa Kilkenny and Killian Young all ruled out today for their teams.

Marc O'Se as well.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Yeah I can put some thoughts together when I get back to Dublin this evening, only on the phone now

I was looking forward to your analysis

• Advertisement

I was looking forward to your analysis
    Poor old gill like a grumpy editor :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement