Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***HORSE SHARE ONLY*** - NB -NO advertising of horses for sale/wanted/loan/lease

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lu02

Hi all,

I moved over from Germany 6 month ago and am about to realise how much I miss my regular horse riding. I've had lessons for about 5 years when I was a kid and a horseshare for about 1 1/2 years lately.
    I am not a competitive rider, never jumped or had real dressage lessons, even though I would try if there are any facilities available.

As I don't have a car it would be perfect if the location would be within reach of public transport.

If anyone had something available which might suit me I would love to hear from you.

Thanks,
    Luise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    Looking for a horse in South Dublin only (Wicklow too far!). Experienced rider, looking for horse around 15-16hh. Ideally a yard with an indoor and access to an instructor.

Still looking! PM me if you need any info.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 melsk1

Hi

Just bumping my post from earlier.

I have a couple of lovely horses both 16.1hh geldings, 7yrs old and 15yrs young for share near Enniskerry, Co Wicklow/South Dublin. Approx 5mins off N11.

Both are lovely personalities, neither are total novice rides. Looking for 2 genuine and reliable sharers. Kept in small private yard with menage, on site and visiting instructors for regular lessons, and excellent off road hacking. Both love doing local riding club events, fun rides, jumping, schooling and going on hacks.

Financial contribution required.
    Pls pm for more info. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭judosean2005

Hi I'm looking for horse to share. I'm an experience rider (I was riding for over 10 years), I have had a break but I just want to get back into it again. Now I'm riding once a week (or even once every two weeks) and I would like to do it more often. I'm living in Limerick but I can drive, so if anybody is interested please let me know.
    Joanna.
    Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sadies99

Have lovely 16.2 comp gelding for share in south Dublin in livery with an indoor arena. Hes not suited to a novice but is safe for a competent rider and no rear or buck. Lovely animal for experienced rider or someone wanting to compete with access to transport to shows regularly.

• Advertisement

Two horses available for share:

1 x 16.1hh bay gelding, 7yrs old, very quiet Irish half bred. Lovely personality, gentle and kind. Loves jumping, hacking, schooling and general fun.
    1x 16.1hh dark bay gelding. 15yrs old, WBxTB- forward going and not a novice ride. Lovely paces, excels at jumping, dressage and general hacking. Loves his work. They are both stabled in a private yard near Enniskerry, Co Wicklow/South Dublin. Approx 5mins off N11. Facilities on site are menage, visiting instructors and lovely woodland off road hacking.

Please private message for more info. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ramblingroisin

hi I have a 16hh half bred mare I am looking for someone to share with me. I am based in wexford . she has showjumped ,cross country and we have competed in some one day events. she is not a beginners ride so would preferably be looking for someone with a bit of experience who would like to compete etc. I am extremely busy with work but do not want to part with her . she would be staying in the yard she is in at present unless person has other option that would suit also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jeanmx

Hi,

I have a sweet 16.2 RID mare for Horse Share in Cork area, she is suitable for hacking, hunting, hunter trials but would be great for riding club also. She is bombproof in traffic and has lots of potential however I'm very caught for time with work and family and feel she could do with more work, I have plenty grazing so if anyone wants to share her for free over the summer I would be delighted and then look at sharing livery, shoes etc for the winter .

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Rips

Hacking buddy wanted near Athlone?

I have an older mare that I don't have time for this year, she gets stiff when not in work and it would suit her to be hacking, plus I could do with a hacking buddy.

15'3 and not a weight carrier.

Need confident capable rider with light hands and good seat, but she's a great horse to hack, loves her work, not spooky, not nappy. Off road and quiet lanes in beautiful area.

Suit someone experienced who just doesn't have a horse at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭judosean2005

Still looking for a HORSE for my wife.
    she is looking to share a horse in Limerick Area.

let me know :)

Sean and Joanna

• Advertisement

BUMP
    melsk1 wrote: »
    Two horses available for share:

1 x 16.1hh bay gelding, 7yrs old, very quiet Irish half bred. Lovely personality, gentle and kind. Loves jumping, hacking, schooling and general fun.
    1x 16.1hh dark bay gelding. 15yrs old, WBxTB- forward going and not a novice ride. Lovely paces, excels at jumping, dressage and general hacking. Loves his work. They are both stabled in a private yard near Enniskerry, Co Wicklow/South Dublin. Approx 5mins off N11. Facilities on site are menage, visiting instructors and lovely woodland off road hacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dipdeni

Myself and my daughter are looking for someone with a horse and facilities who would like to horse share in the Athenry/Oranmore/northeast Galway region. I would contribute to the costs of the horse (livery&farrier fees) and would be able to ride some nights of the week or weekends.
    We are both advanced beginners and are very comfortable on horses and are looking to improve our skills on jumping a course of fences and so a schoolmaster would be ideal.
    Please message me if interested
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Marsh123

Bump! Still looking!
    I have a lovely 15h 7 year old mare kept in South Dublin with an indoor and outdoor and am looking to share her as have recently had a baby and don't have the time I used to have!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Marsh123 wrote: »
    I have a lovely 15h 7 year old mare kept in South Dublin with an indoor and outdoor and am looking to share her as have recently had a baby and don't have the time I used to have!

Hiya, I think I might know the yard you're talking about :) I have my horsey there now too :)

Hiya, I think I might know the yard you're talking about :) I have my horsey there now too :)

Ah that's good! Great yard! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭LoveChanel

dipdeni wrote: »
    Myself and my daughter are looking for someone with a horse and facilities who would like to horse share in the Athenry/Oranmore/northeast Galway region. I would contribute to the costs of the horse (livery&farrier fees) and would be able to ride some nights of the week or weekends.
    We are both advanced beginners and are very comfortable on horses and are looking to improve our skills on jumping a course of fences and so a schoolmaster would be ideal.
    Please message me if interested
    Thanks

I just sent you a pm and I think I have a horse that would suit you and your daughter very well. The mare is kept in turloughmore. Please see the pm =]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Looking for somone who would be interested in hacking out my Connie - he is just coming back into work after an injury - would just be hacking for first couple of weeks... He is very honest but can be a bit spooky at times so need someone experienced & competent who is ok to hack out solo. Enniskerry area.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Pocabella

Hi All,

This is a few months premature but I am wondering if there would be anyone who would be interested in a horse share commencing in the new year (probably late january/february).

I have a 14 y/o TB mare called Poca (never raced) who I am moving to North Dublin and I want to find someone who would be interested in sharing her in order to get/keep her fit and have a bit of fun with her. She is a very docile mare and when she's in work she's got loads of potential but I have an odd schedule and so far have not been able to keep enough consistency to get her to where I want.

At the moment she is grazing on the south side but she will hopefully be moving to Kinsealy in the new year. I would love to secure the right person so that when she moves we could crack on with working her straight away.

I'd like someone who has good schooling knowledge and an ability to work a horse through their muscles. An interest in jumping would be cool too.

I'm not sure how to add photos so if anyone could let me know how I could add them to the thread that would be cool.

Please PM me if you are interested

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 corrine88

Hi guys I have a lovely mare! 14'2 irish cob! Lovely all rounder! Stunning horse very unusual! Looking for someone to share full livery with me in rathfarnham country dublin! If your interested please mail me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sadies99

Hi everyone,

Looking for share of my mare in south dublin area, she is 16.1/2hh showjumper with great bloodline but is only young and still green so would need competent rider to help bring her on. However she is straight forward and v honest to ride. Option to compete up the ranks with this great horse available and transport to shows covered. Contribution to livery required, but all vet, farrier bills etc. covered. Also access to GP trainers easy accessible. Mare has fantastic temperament and has v good work ethic.

PM for more details..
    Many thanks:)

• Advertisement

Lovely 15hh 7 year old chestnut mare (Connie x tb) to share in South Dublin yard with great facilities big indoor and outdoor and scenic hacking. Brilliant jumper competing with me at 90cm but capable of much higher and jumps up to 1m10 at home. has lovely attitude not Marish at all really sweet personality. Share would be €60 per week for 3 days sometimes 4 days a week as I go away a lot. Please contact me if interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 PonyMum

Hi there, I'm looking for use of a very quiet, small pony (under 12hh), 2 or 3 days a week for my three and a half year old girl. Just for walking/small bit of trotting on the lead rein and some grooming. A retired pony that would enjoy some light exercise and TLC might suit. Doesn't need to be stabled in a fancy yard with facilities, although a bit of off road hacking would be a bonus.
    Please let me know if you have/know of anything that might suit - thank you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 coops25

I have a 5 year old 16hh cob that I am looking to share. I am working away at the moment waiting for a transfer back to Kilkenny so I don't get to ride him as much as I need to!
    Lovely horse schooling very well

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Animallover1234

Hi, Im looking for a horse/pony to share/loan in the Naas area. I am 19 and am an experienced rider. I am quite petite so can ride most horses/pony's. Please private message me with location and costs if you have anything suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭miami2007

seeking a share in south dublin...i have had a break from riding for about 10 years, have been taking lessons again recently which i am now bored with.... - would like to get more involved. hoping for something easy to handle, not too green as still building up muscle (!) in a stables in south dublin for 2, poss 3 days a week. i am 175cm so over 15hh would be ideal...pm if you are interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1 catz2703

Experienced Rider looking for a horse, either gelding or mare on share or loan. I would like a horse that has done a bit of everything and loves to jump.
    Please PM me if you have anything suitable. thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 wicklow rider

I am looking for a pony/ horse/ donkey to break/ school. Am willing to try buckers, bolters, rearers,ext
    Plenty of ridding experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 wicklow rider

marley123 wrote: »
    Looking for somone who would be interested in hacking out my Connie - he is just coming back into work after an injury - would just be hacking for first couple of weeks... He is very honest but can be a bit spooky at times so need someone experienced & competent who is ok to hack out solo. Enniskerry area.

Hi. I'm am looking for a pony or horse to ride for the summer. I would love to come and try him.

Sharer wanted

For 16.1hh dark bay gelding. 15yrs old, WBxTB- forward going and not a novice ride. Suit an experienced rider. Lovely paces, excels at jumping, dressage and general hacking. Loves his work. He is stabled in a private yard near Delgany Co Wicklow Approx 5mins off N11. Facilities on site are floodlit sand arena, visiting instructors and lovely woodland off road hacking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭paddi22

PonyMum wrote: »
    Hi there, I'm looking for use of a very quiet, small pony (under 12hh), 2 or 3 days a week for my three and a half year old girl. Just for walking/small bit of trotting on the lead rein and some grooming. A retired pony that would enjoy some light exercise and TLC might suit. Doesn't need to be stabled in a fancy yard with facilities, although a bit of off road hacking would be a bonus.
    Please let me know if you have/know of anything that might suit - thank you! :)

Hi ponymum, were are you based?

Advertisement