Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***HORSE SHARE ONLY*** - NB -NO advertising of horses for sale/wanted/loan/lease

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Please don't quote posts that are a number of years old. And if anyone sees this before a mod, feel free to report the post rather than posting on thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 christina flanagan

Hello are u still interested in the horse share?

Hello are u still interested in the horse share?

Hi Christina, which post are you referring to? As there are so many posts in the thread, could you include the username or perhaps quote the post? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 christina flanagan

convert wrote: »
    Hi Christina, which post are you referring to? As there are so many posts in the thread, could you include the username or perhaps quote the post? Thanks.
    Alliewags

Alliewags

Had you looked at the date of Alliewags' original post, as well as my warning in the post above yours, you'd see that the post dates from 2007 - 9 years ago! More recent posts will be towards the end of the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 shellbean

Hiya

I have a 15.2 cob I'm looking to share for 3 days per week. Im struggling to find the time for her with work commitments and would love to see her exercised more. Based on full livery in fab yard in South dublin, indoor, 2 outdoors, lessons on site. She wouldnt suit a complete beginner, would like someone that could help bring her on but you don't have to be super experienced . PM me for more info

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Scusami

Hi guys,

I'm interested in a horse-share in Dublin. Have been riding for around 15 years, had own horses etc. but none of my own at the moment. Have done a bit of everything: riding club, hunting, charity rides, side-saddle, young horses - the lot.

Ideally I'd like something around 15.2 -16.2 to have fun with a couple of times a week.

PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 milltree

Hi there, we are looking for someone to share livery on a pony in South Dublin - Rathfarnham area. She is being ridden by my daughter, mostly at weekends, so really need someone who is free midweek. We would like an experienced rider as she is not a novice ride. She is great for hacking and there are some fabulous tracks adjacent to the yard. Someone who would be available one or two days per week would be ideal. The cost would be very reasonable and would not be looking for payment towards shoes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BaileyFitz

milltree wrote: »
    Hi there, we are looking for someone to share livery on a pony in South Dublin - Rathfarnham area. She is being ridden by my daughter, mostly at weekends, so really need someone who is free midweek. We would like an experienced rider as she is not a novice ride. She is great for hacking and there are some fabulous tracks adjacent to the yard. Someone who would be available one or two days per week would be ideal. The cost would be very reasonable and would not be looking for payment towards shoes etc.

Is there a way to DM you?
    There are no details given?

BaileyFitz wrote: »
    Is there a way to DM you?
    There are no details given?

It is possible to drop someone a PM, although I think users need a certain number of posts before that becomes available to you.

We don't encourage users to post personal details on thread, but if you're interested I'm sure the poster in question could drop you a PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 dressagediva

Hi all
    My horse is stabled at the gorgeous Dollanstown stud in Kilcock, Kildare which is a 25 minute drive to the centre of Dublin. We are training and competing dressage but he has had some time off due to injury. He's now coming back into work and one thing I've learnt is he needs to be hacked regularly. I'm not big on hacking so I thought I'd throw it out there and see if anyone was interested in sharing him a couple of days a week, just for hacking?
    He's 17.2 so due to his size would need someone pretty experienced. He has a darling character though so is easy enough to hack out. We have off road hacking and there are some quite enough roads nearby too.
    He is on full livery so there wouldn't be the need to do any stable duties, although he may need a brush over before riding and his tack would need to be cared for as normal.
    If anyone is interested please let me know and we can discuss costs etc. Just to reiterate, I wouldn't want him doing anything strenuous so this is an opportunity for someone who wants a quiet ride in the countryside a couple of days a week.
    Thanks all
    Victoria

33 pages of horse share requests....as if the advert is going to be read!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

I have an email alert set on this so I get one when there is a post on this forum. Pity your too far away from me as your fella sounds right up my alley.

idnkph wrote: »

I have an email alert set on this so I get one when there is a post on this forum. Pity your too far away from me as your fella sounds right up my alley.
    Aw that is a pity...I'm toying with getting a second one so I would have two to play with now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

experienced 16 year old boy , seeking horse share loan. Lives in Enfield Area.
    sold his own horse recently as he is to tall for it .....loves horses .( we are looking for another at mo -slowly) He is doing exams next year so really horse share /loan is more suitable for this year....16-16.2 ideally thks Paddy

MODS I CANT GET THIS INTO HORSE SHARE EVEN THOUGH I FOLLOWED THREAD COULD YOU POSSIBLY MOVE IT THERE TO COMPLY WITH BOARDS RULES

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dollinator

Hi there i have a 16.1hh 13 year old gelding available for a share - He has excellent flatwork and has competed up to 1.10 m in SJI / event ireland and riding club events. I have a few horses that keep me very busy so looking for some one that may be interested in riding up to 3 times a week and that might be interested in some competing. He is not a novice ride, but well schooled and has no vices.

I am based in the Maynooth area.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭timmiekp

mod edit: <snip>

Besides posting in an irrelevant thread, we can't facilitate the buying/selling of items on this forum. You could try adverts.ie instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CLAIRECAL

I'm looking for someone to lease my horse (16hh gelding) 3/4 days per week due to time constraints. He's forward going so needs an experienced rider. Works lovely on the flat and has competed up to 1.10m SJI. He has a lovely nature and is a big softy! He is based on a 5 Star livery yard just outside Ashbourne, Co.Meath. **Must stay on current yard, no exceptions!** €75 per week

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sarah45678

I'm doing horse riding for 2 years and I really want to start going to competition but I don't have a horse or a place where to keep a horse. I'm interested to lease/loan a horse. I'm still a beginner (I'm under 18) but I want to grow up around a horse and learn everything about a horse while growing up. Anyone who can help me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Volunteer in a stables if you they are willing to let you. I used to work two days a week shoveling ****, managing the muck heap, leading horses during lessons.... and occasionally I'd get to ride out, or get a free lesson... I was taken advantage of, but loved every minute. Even managed to get into a situation where I got lessons from Jock Ferry...

I also worked for a racehorse trainer for a few months when I was 15... just to get the experience (awful experience), I got 73punts a week, 33 of that went to my diggs and we got a day off every two weeks...

Anything to get experience...

• Registered Users Posts: 41 melsk1

Experienced rider required to share 17.1 hh irish sport horse gelding, 2/3 days a week.

Very kind, straightforward gentleman available for share. Currently kept on full livery in Delgany, Co Wicklow. 5 mins from N11.
    Sand arena, good hacking available at yard. We are looking for an experienced rider who enjoys flatwork lessons/dressage/ hacking.
    Financial contribution required.
    Please pm for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 eithne25

Hi, I have a 16.3 Irish Sports Horse , he is a real gent but needs an experienced rider, might suit Kildare/Meath ,interested in a horse share?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lapis

Due to a change in circumstance, I’ve had to move my horse from Dublin back to Offaly. As I’m in Dublin, I can’t exercise him so I’m looking for someone who would be interesting in exercising him during the week and possibly at the weekend. He’s a 16.1 gelding, Irish draft cross. Great with traffic but can be a bit cheeky when fresh so would need someone experienced who won’t taken any nonsense. Birr area. Contact me for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 aggie95

Hi there!

I'm a part time student here in Dublin and I am looking for a horse to ride. I am doing mostly classical dressage. I’ve spent last few months in Portugal in the school of classical dressage dealing with Lusitano horses, both youngsters and ones schooled to the Grand Prix level. I have been riding ever since I was 8. (I'm 22 now). I also have experience in training horses and people(non-professionally).
    If you don't have enough time to exercise your horse properly you and you feel like you'd need some help I might be the person you're looking for! :33

~Aggie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

aggie95 wrote: »
    Hi there!

I'm a part time student here in Dublin and I am looking for a horse to ride. I am doing mostly classical dressage. I’ve spent last few months in Portugal in the school of classical dressage dealing with Lusitano horses, both youngsters and ones schooled to the Grand Prix level. I have been riding ever since I was 8. (I'm 22 now). I also have experience in training horses and people(non-professionally).
    If you don't have enough time to exercise your horse properly you and you feel like you'd need some help I might be the person you're looking for! :33

~Aggie

Do you drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 aggie95

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    Do you drive?

Yes, I have an European driving licence for regular cars and a horse trailer as well but I have a feeling you meant if I can drive to to the stable and well I don't have a car here in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭irishgirl91

Looking for a Horse Share in the Roscommon/Westmeath area and surrounding areas. Female late 20's and full drivers license. Weekends/Holidays would be the most suitable as busy during week. Ideally hoping to find someone who needs their horse exercised/hacked. Have experience riding but been on break looking to get back and horse share would be perfect. Happy to muck out/groom. I would like to help out with costs at a fair agreed upon price. This not an advertisement to buy!  Please only contact if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭irishgirl91

lapis wrote: »
    Due to a change in circumstance, I’ve had to move my horse from Dublin back to Offaly. As I’m in Dublin, I can’t exercise him so I’m looking for someone who would be interesting in exercising him during the week and possibly at the weekend. He’s a 16.1 gelding, Irish draft cross. Great with traffic but can be a bit cheeky when fresh so would need someone experienced who won’t taken any nonsense. Birr area. Contact me for more details.

Hi. Have you found anyone? Im in south roscommon so Birr is 50 mins away approx but your horse sounds amazing! Id be interested and maybe could do an early evening during week. Weekends/holidays are more suitable though. Please get in touch if interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

aggie95 wrote: »
    Yes, I have an European driving licence for regular cars and a horse trailer as well but I have a feeling you meant if I can drive to to the stable and well I don't have a car here in Ireland.

Yep that's what I meant. Know of horses for share but all need a car to access the stables.

Advertisement