Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***HORSE SHARE ONLY*** - NB -NO advertising of horses for sale/wanted/loan/lease

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Hi All,

Since moving to Dublin over a year ago, horses have kind of fallen to the wayside. I have ridden a few times over the last year when I go home, and I've decided to get back into it full time now. I just started taking a few lessons at Carrickmines, but ideally I'd like to do it a few times a week on a horse share/loan.

I used to break/train, compete in SJAI up to 1m, IPS, Dressage Ireland and Eventing Ireland. I also have experience in Hunter Trials and Hunting.

I'm looking for someone who would be willing to share/lease their horse. I'd ideally like to do some schooling, flatwork/showjumping/cross country on something slightly forward going that I can learn from too. I like to think I'm quite a strong rider (from being the guinea pig in my last yard), but I just need to brush up on a few things!

Ideally I'd like something South Dublin/Wicklow area (but can travel Northside for the right set up), and if anyone would like their horse/pony schooled for free, that would be right up my street as budgets are limited - this is negotiable. Available evenings/weekends, have my own car (can't pull a box though!). Happy to muck in around the yard too.

If there are lessons on offer nearby that I can sign up for that would be great too, as I'd like to compete eventually (not necessarily on this particular share, but on something!)

I'm light and not too tall, so can ride anything from a 14.2 to a 16.2 comfortably. Could even ride a 13.2 at a push if you need help with a pony as they used to be my specialty!

I also have references should you want them.

If you think I might be what you're looking for, drop me a PM and we can arrange something!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Flappandale

Stunning Appaloosa Mare available for Share in Dublin

Beautiful mare with fantastic temperament available for share. She is 12 years old and 16h. She is an excellent jumper and a pleasure to ride. Absolutely no vices. She is stabled in a great yard in Rathfarnam with indoor and outdoor arena. Looking for someone to ride her 2 weekdays as well as every second Saturday or Sunday. Cost is €180 per month. I pay vet and shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ShadowBramby

Im looking for someone to part share a 15.2hh/15.3hh grey mare. Polly is a great confidence giving horse who can do it all. She has lovely flatwork and great jumping. She will go out on the roads by herself however she is not a novice ride. I am looking for someone to ride her 2/3 days of the week and she is based in Naas. Id be looking for about €25 a week and all vet and farrier costs are covered by her owner. If you are interested please pm me for pictures and more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 horseloverx

I'm available to exercise, school or help out in a yard for free 2-3 times a week. I'm very experienced but currently without a horse and I'm just looking to keep up my skills by helping out with anyone that needs it. I'm based in North kildare pm me if interested or if you have any questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 gilby32

'hi, i am looking for a sharer for my 14'2 10 year old cob. im in north dublin in my own yard. i have no arena but fields to ride in. i am looking for a confident rider as he can be quite stubborn. i am not looking for any cash or exchange in duties just someone to exercise him for me. if interested pm me thanks' bailey is still up for sharing if anyone is looking for a horse to exercise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 melsk1

Happy New Year everyone!

I am looking for a fun, kind, responsible and experienced rider to share either of my two gelding horses.

First horse is 6yrs old very sensible 16.1 irish halfbred cob. A real sweetie. I would love someone who is interested in hacking, schooling and doing local riding club events.

Second horse is 15yrs old but acts like a 6yr old! He is warmbloodxtb and forward going. He loves his jumping and loves to work. Not a novice ride, but safe.

I would need half of the livery and shoes to be paid in return for share.

They are stabled in Enniskerry North Wicklow/South Dublin.

Please Private message me to chat further. Thank you! Posted on 2nd January 2013

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    Hi All,

Since moving to Dublin over a year ago, horses have kind of fallen to the wayside. I have ridden a few times over the last year when I go home, and I've decided to get back into it full time now. I just started taking a few lessons at Carrickmines, but ideally I'd like to do it a few times a week on a horse share/loan.

I used to break/train, compete in SJAI up to 1m, IPS, Dressage Ireland and Eventing Ireland. I also have experience in Hunter Trials and Hunting.

I'm looking for someone who would be willing to share/lease their horse. I'd ideally like to do some schooling, flatwork/showjumping/cross country on something slightly forward going that I can learn from too. I like to think I'm quite a strong rider (from being the guinea pig in my last yard), but I just need to brush up on a few things!

Ideally I'd like something South Dublin/Wicklow area (but can travel Northside for the right set up), and if anyone would like their horse/pony schooled for free, that would be right up my street as budgets are limited - this is negotiable. Available evenings/weekends, have my own car (can't pull a box though!). Happy to muck in around the yard too.

If there are lessons on offer nearby that I can sign up for that would be great too, as I'd like to compete eventually (not necessarily on this particular share, but on something!)

I'm light and not too tall, so can ride anything from a 14.2 to a 16.2 comfortably. Could even ride a 13.2 at a push if you need help with a pony as they used to be my specialty!

I also have references should you want them.

If you think I might be what you're looking for, drop me a PM and we can arrange something!

Hi everyone,

Just as a follow up to the above. My circumstances have now changed financially, and as a result I cannot afford to pay for a horse share. I would be happy to exercise horses or ponies for free a few times a week in the South Dublin/Wicklow area, as I have my own transport.

Let me know if you're looking for someone to school/exercise for free!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fif200

Hi all,
    I am looking for a sharer for my 16.2hh dark bay gelding. He is stabled in west cork. He is a genuine all rounder. He has won 1.10m SJAI classes and open hunter trials.He can be competed and I have transport available. He is forward going so not suitable for a novice. He would be ideal for riding club also. Small contribution to cost of livery required. He lives out in summer so less cost there. I would prefer an adult. Due to work commitments i have less time for him.
    Thanks for reading !!!

for Superb Section A Pony.
    Needs to be out & about, cracking jump
    NO BEGINNERS and parents must be experienced with horses.
    Pony is too strong for my daughter to take out & compete at moment and she really is too good not to be out competing.
    She is a typical Welshy & has her quirks but with the right rider will go very far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Rdo

Hi,

Due to changing travel commitments in work I am looking to find someone to exercise my Exmoor pony for free. Will be a casual arrangement but i will be able to give decent notice of the times im away. Rider should be lightweight (im 5ft 6 and 9 stone so doesn't have to be small) and confident.

He is based in Brittas bay, the beach is a short hack away and there is a floodlight school. He is a fun nippy ride with no vices.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭AnarchistKen

Hi all.

Experienced late 20's male rider based in South Dublin looking for a horse share arrangement. Looking to get back into the saddle after a brief period away.

Proposed share horse would have to exceed 16 hands high.

Ideally I would prefer somewhere to travel South Dublin, Kildare or Wicklow areas. Very easy-going person and honest person.

PM me to discuss further.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sidefringe007

Hi all,
    im looking to share a pony/horse with any one if they have one available.
    I am 12 years old and have been riding for 7 years .I have riden many different types of horses strong, stuborn, hyper etc etc. i am located in north Dublin around the area of malahide. If any one has the availability please PM me .

Hi all , I currently have my own youngster BUT am looking for more " Bum " time in the saddle before committing to buying my second horse. I am NOT a novice rider and looking to help exercise a horse in the Enniskerry area 1 to 2 days a week. Happy to groom etc before riding...
    I love schooling & happy to help with any horse that needs bringing on with their flatwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Looking for someone to school my mare during the week as my working hours have changed and I don’t have as much time as I did. :( Ideally want decent flatwork and schooling done with her as this is what she is lacking in and what I have been trying to work on.

She is 7yo, 15.2hh ISH. She has a good temperament and is quick to learn but like a lot of mares she is very smart and can play up if she thinks she will get away with it! Not spooky and has never bucked/reared with me. She is capable of lovely paces and has a good jump but needs a confident, experienced rider to get the best out of her. I am working on building up her topline so would ideally like a rider that is fairly light so she can carry them easily (less than 11 stone.)

We are based in Kinsealy, Co. Dublin.

NOT A NOVICE RIDE.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 melsk1

Re posting again.

I am looking for a fun, kind, responsible and experienced rider to share either of my two gelding horses due to lack of time.

First horse is 6yrs old very sensible 16.1 IDxTB. A real sweetie. I would love someone who is interested in hacking, schooling, lessons and doing local riding club events.

Second horse is 15yrs old but acts like a 6yr old! He is warmbloodxtb and forward going. He loves his jumping and loves to work. Not a novice ride, but safe.

Financial contribution required

They are stabled in Enniskerry North Wicklow/South Dublin.

Im going to be equine-free from the start of March! If anyone needs help schooling their horses or just some exercising, let me know :)

Am based in South Dublin area but happy to travel Northside!

No problem mucking in (or out!) around the yard!

May also be interested in a possible longer term share or lease in the South Dublin area, am price conscious. Experienced rider!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 horseloverx

Hi ,
    I'm looking to exercise and/or help school any horse over 16hh in the North kildare area for free, from 1-5 days a week whatever suits. No problem with mucking out, grooming and helping around the yard.
    I would also consider a sharer but it would have to be very cheap as budget is tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sidefringe007

Hi all,
    I am looking if someone would like to share/loan a horse/pony with me .I have been riding for seven years and have ridden many strong ,stubborn ,exited and many more different types of horses .It would be best if you had a pony/horse around north Dublin swords area.
    Thanks

Bumping up.
    marley123 wrote: »
    for Superb Section A Pony.
    Needs to be out & about, cracking jump
    NO BEGINNERS and parents must be experienced with horses.
    Pony is too strong for my daughter to take out & compete at moment and she really is too good not to be out competing.
    She is a typical Welshy & has her quirks but with the right rider will go very far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Amyann

My fabulous 16h, 11 year old bay gelding is available for part share 3 days a week. He is stabled in a state of the art livery yard with very large indoor and outdoor arenas, lunge arena, daily turn out, a cross country course and excellent hacking. This horse is NOT a novice ride, he is sharp and requires an experienced rider (no nervous nellies) This horse was bread to jump and does his job well, he will never stop. He goes well on the flat and has also competed in some dressage. Looking for someone that is good on the flat as he needs a capable rider to get his full potential out of him. He has impecable stable manners and loves to please. He is available for loan as my work commitments mean that I struggle to give him the time that he deserves and I couldnt bear to part with him. The cost is €60 per week for three days (not including Sundays as they are my only day off which I like to spend competing him) He is one in a million, a really flashy horse that knows it!! He has plenty of character and loves to please. If interested pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 finnegca

Re : Melsk 1

Are you still looking for someone to share? I am in or around Enniskerry region and would be interested in a horse share, if it is still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Amyann

finnegca wrote: »
    Re : Melsk 1

Are you still looking for someone to share? I am in or around Enniskerry region and would be interested in a horse share, if it is still available.

He is stabled in swords and is still available if that's not too far away?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭bob1984

Horse for lease 3 days a week - kept in livery in Swords. Looking for rider with experience to ride 2-3 times a week. This horse has been there and done it all! Ideal Riding Club P or AP horse.

PM for more details :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 madamlittle

I'm living in Castleknock beside the Phoenix park and would love to hack out regularly there during the week with someone. Does anybody keep horses nearby looking to do the same. I'm willing to make a financial contribution.

Please pm me to discuss details.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭judosean2005

Hi I'm looking for horse to share. I'm an experience rider (I was riding for over 10 years), I have had a break but I just want to get back into it again. Now I'm riding once a week (or even once every two weeks) and I would like to do it more often. I'm living in Limerick but I can drive, so if anybody is interested please let me know.
    Joanna.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Niamhers

Hi,

Is there anyone with a horse/ large pony (I am a 16 year old girl so could ride either) to share in Cork?
    Preferably near enough to the city.
    If there's anyone please PM me.
    Looking forward to hearing from you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TheFrizz

Looking for a horse to ride from mid-May to mid-September in Thornton Park, Kilronan, Kinsealy or Howth or any area accessable by public transport in North East Dublin, half loan, for 5ft7" female, riding 9 years but not so much recently! Will contribute to livery :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 zero12

I have a horse available for share in a fantastic yard in Kildare town. Lessons and clinic are held in the yard on a regular basis. Mare is 7yrs old 16.1 quiet and gentle. Anyone interesed.? Days are flexible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 CavanLady

Hi all,

Looking to share a horse around the Navan, Kells, Virginia areas. I'm 5'8" so something 15.3 or above. I am riding many years but have had a recent scary fall so looking for something quiet. Currently taking lessons at Bachelors Lodge in Navan. PM me if you might be interested.

Thanks!

Advertisement