Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***HORSE SHARE ONLY*** - NB -NO advertising of horses for sale/wanted/loan/lease

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ancalima

Hi all,

I am looking to get back into the saddle after a few years of having to rely on public transport to get around - and you all know how difficult it is to find a yard that is close to bus routes!

I am 31 years old and used to ride a lot when I was younger and a bit during university but am a little bit out of practice at the moment. I am quite tall (5'11) and normal weight for my height (about 73kg).

I am looking for a tall-ish horse to ride one to two times a week; I am happy to pay a (small) contribution to livery cost. The horse needs to be fairly calm and not too nervous or spooky. I enjoy flat work/dressage and the occasional light hacking, but am not looking to compete or anything, so a fit older horse might be an option; spending time with the horse is what's important to me.

I live in Dublin but have a car so could travel a few miles outside the city as well.

Please PM if you are looking for someone to spend some time with your horse and exercise it a couple of times a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mack2

Anyone in the Kilkenny area that is interested in a horse share....i just havent the time to ride with work/kids etc and my mare is out eating her life away....looking for a sane rider no cowboys/girls!
    Sorry its not a share im looking for but someone who would like to school and maybe compete inhouse (at the equestrian centre where she is at livery) she is a sharp ride, 6yrs old and 14.2hh, she is well schooled but obviously needs more (what horse doesnt!) sometimes she is a total dope out riding other times there are monsters riding alongside her so no young novice riders....as i said someone who has common sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Aoifenich91

Looking for a share horse in the South Dublin/ North Wicklow areas. Must be something over 15hh, looks and age unimportant. I'm an experienced rider who is looking for more time in the saddle and training towards stage 2 and stage 3 BHS exams. 2 or 3 days a week only, excluding saturdays as I work in a yard.
    I have no problem mucking out/skipping out, cleaning on my days.
    PM for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Reine

Sharer wanted for 13.2 pony in Livery Yard close to Maynooth. Ex schoolie who is now only been ridden lightly twice a week. Would suit reasonably experienced child / light adult rider. Available 3 days a week, low charge. Arena, cross country and safe hacking available. PM me for more details.

Pony is not for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 zero12

I have a horse available for share in a fantastic yard in Kildare town. Lessons and clinics are held in the yard on a regular basis. Mare is 7yrs old 16.1 quiet and gentle. Anyone interesed.? Days are flexible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Looking for experienced to help with 12.3 pony for one mth. No very young riders please.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 melsk1

Hi all

I have a lovely quiet 16hh half bred gelding for share. He is kept at a livery yard near Enniskerry.
    I would be looking for someone reliable, kind and experienced to share him with me. Financial contribution required. Great hacking, and facilities.

Please pm me for more info.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Looking to exercise or do a bit of schooling maybe once or twice a week max - due to a very busy job I just don't have the time to commit to a proper share. Would ideally like to ride something around 15hh (give or take), and willing to make financial contribution. Riding can be sporadic if needed as I may not be able to get out every week. Most weeks I can do 1-2 days, but I do go home to Limerick the odd weekend (every 6 weeks or so) which would mean I couldn't ride!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sidefringe007

Hi All,
    Im looking for a horse or pony for the summer if anyone is going away id be happy to exercise/take care of your horse or pony im looking for a pony/horse between 14-16hh and im an experienced rider. Please PM me if you have any questions or offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cormilight

i have a 12.2hh pony, 5yrs old. shes a great character and very easy to handle/ be around. i have 2 young children who handle her groom her etc . . they both ride her and i ocassionally ride her to keep her properly excercised/get fit/schooled. she is a very good little pony who has a fantastic jump, moves forward when asked to and at same time my 2yr old can walk around on her and she does exactly whats needed from her.

she could do with someone smaller riding her a couple of times a week. would suit a confidant child who wants to ride away and progress from riding school lessons or wants to be able to do more. lessons available if requested for additional cost
    shes kept in a livery yard in south county dulblin, with large outdoor arena, hacking nearby
    please contact for any more info/costs

Mod edit: <snip>
    This thread is for horse share only.

• Advertisement

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    Looking to exercise or do a bit of schooling maybe once or twice a week max - due to a very busy job I just don't have the time to commit to a proper share. Would ideally like to ride something around 15hh (give or take), and willing to make financial contribution. Riding can be sporadic if needed as I may not be able to get out every week. Most weeks I can do 1-2 days, but I do go home to Limerick the odd weekend (every 6 weeks or so) which would mean I couldn't ride!

Just bumping this up!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭HarrietD

Ah_Yeah wrote: »

My horse may suit you. I tried sending you a PM but your mail box is full. If you like send me a PM and I'll send you more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭M25

I'm looking for a horse to take on Loan. Myself and a Friend are looking for a horse to share together.

Height between 15.2 and 16.2 -3 ish..

We are looking for something that have experience in Dressage, Show Jumping and Cross Country.

We are looking to do some Riding Club events with them and school and bring on.

Living in Waterford. The Horse will be kept in a livery yard.

Experience: Owned horses and ponies before for years. Did a lot of competing with the SJAI with ponies and horses before I went to college.
    The other lady used to ride out horses in a yard in Galway and has experience with younger horses as well.

Please PM me if [you can help]. [The horse] will be very well looked after and cared for!

Hope to hear from someone!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Just a reminder to posters that this thread is for horse share only, so please don't post re horses for sale/lease or wanted/loan.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Zsiri

Hey,
    Im available for exercising around Cork city 2-3 days per week . Im a confident, experienced, gentle horse rider/instructor.

HarrietD wrote: »
    My horse may suit you. I tried sending you a PM but your mail box is full. If you like send me a PM and I'll send you more details.

Thanks for letting me know - my mailbox can receive PMs again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Rider available to help school one to two days a week in the Stepaside/Kilternan area....
    I have my own horse but looking for something to school to help bring on my own riding. Anything from 14hh +
    Am 8.5 stone with quiet hands and a quiet seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 discmop

Hi, I have a 16.2hh mare and am looking for someone to share the livery with me. She needs an experienced rider as is only just coming back into work after 2 years out at grass. Could be ideal project for anyone looking to bring a horse on,
    I am very flexible to whatever days/times suit, I will cover shoes, vet etc. Currently kept at a yard in Ratoath Co Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

Looking for horse sharing in Cork/Ballinhassig.
    Very experienced rider, horse should be at least 16hh as im tall myself, gelding preferred :D

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭roxychix

Hi
    I am based in south donegal sligo region. I am looking for someone to share my 15.3 irish sport horse mare 10y r old. She is not a novice ride but is safe and willing to please. Needs someone who is experienced as she sometimes sees monsters;-) She has done it all but needs some work with her flatwork. Excellent xc and confidence giver for sj. Jumps at least 1m . Excelent hacking on 2 mile beach close by. Could share 3/4 days week at cost towards livery etc. Pm for more details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Ripleyac

hi everyone,

i have a lovely mare for part share - she's 16.1hh, a great jump and ready to compete. I'm not able to put the time I used to into her anymore so if anyone is interested then let me know.

the stables she's kept at is really friendly, just 5 mins outside of Tallaght, Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭bob1984

This hose is available again :)
    bob1984 wrote: »
    Horse for lease 3 days a week - kept in livery in Swords. Looking for rider with experience to ride 2-3 times a week. This horse has been there and done it all! Ideal Riding Club P or AP horse.

PM for more details :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sadies99

Horse available for share or half livery in Wicklow area . 16.1/2, not novice ride , although safe horse at same time ! No rear , buck , nap etc.. Easy to do ,catch , tack etc. Around 40 a week approx . Pm for more details !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Michp

Hi there
    I'm looking for a horse/ pony share Saturday's and/ or a couple of days during the week. I am an intermediate rider but want to build on my experience, schooling and hacking out. Stepaside area or anywhere near there would be great. Ideally a horse/ pony kept in a friendly livery yard and maybe some others to hack out with would be great. Looking forward from hearing from somebody :)

Hi there are you still looking for a share?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sadies99

still looking for share . Pm me and can talk about it there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Gorteen

Where do you live?

I live Dublin city centre but can travel

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Can you keep the communication to pm please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Happyglucky

Anyone need someone to horse share in Dublin south? Plenty of experience but been out of the game for a year. Have had my own horses in the past but became to expensive.

Advertisement