Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Junkie Stories

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Mingey

A Junky robbed my phone once while I was helping him & his missus. he died of Hep C soonafter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭madmik

Valmont wrote: »
    I wandered into McDonald's on O'Connell street to use their restroom facilities the other day and made an interesting discovery.

Junkies usually buy bars of Cadbury's dairy milk so that they can use the foil wrapper to cook up their heroin. Anyone who has seen full bars of chocolate on the floors of public toilets knows this (or not).

Anyway in this bathroom the other day, the chocolate used was Cadbury's Turkish Delight. I checked the other cubicles and low and behold, more Turkish Delight. I tried to put myself into the junkies mind to discover why on earth, out of all the Cadbury's bars they picked Turkish Delight, which they weren't going to even eat anyway.

they usually use cadburys dairy milk or a variation of it

go into any burger king and youn will see dairy milks on the floor with not even a bite nibbled from them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Mingey

madmik wrote: »
    never complain about scores of junkies or lazy guards in case Naos doesnt like it ;)

Complain about junkies all you like, just don't go moaning about expecting the gardai to see what you see because of your taxes...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Anyway in this bathroom the other day, the chocolate used was Cadbury's Turkish Delight. I checked the other cubicles and low and behold, more Turkish Delight. I tried to put myself into the junkies mind to discover why on earth, out of all the Cadbury's bars they picked Turkish Delight, which they weren't going to even eat anyway.

I think there was a thread about this before and the general idea was Turkish use heavier foil than the other bars of chocolate.

I've just realised my sister eats a lot of Turkish Delight... Maybe it's time for an intervention.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Naos

I wandered into McDonald's on O'Connell street to use their restroom facilities the other day and made an interesting discovery.

As far as I know, Turkish Delights have more tinfoil/thicker tinfoil on them so they use these. Theres definitly a reason to do with the tinfoil anyway, someone with more knowledge on it can fill us in :)
    well that certaintly put me in my place !
    note to self
    never complain about scores of junkies or lazy guards in case Naos doesnt like it ;)

More so never complain about something unless you're willing to do something about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Junkies usually buy bars of Cadbury's dairy milk so that they can use the foil wrapper to cook up their heroin. Anyone who has seen full bars of chocolate on the floors of public toilets knows this (or not).

Heroin gives you a sweet tooth.

Heard a few junkies complaining recently about the new kit kat wrappers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,897 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

julep wrote: »
    Was walking down the road one day and the reason I never took heroin was walking towards me.
    He stopped me and asked if I had seen a big 6 foot pink bunny rabbit.
    I told him that I hadn't.
    He then said that if I did see him, his name is oscar*.

A few weeks ago I saw him driving his van with a big dog on his lap. He doesn't own a dog.

*Name may be different. It was 16 years ago.

Then there was the time that one of the local hackney drivers ended up on heroin.
    I got a lift home one night and he had an entire conversation with himself along the way.
    Something about him getting into a fight with another guy. It was as if he was telling a story about himself to himself.
    I didn't know he was doing heroin at the time. He lost his job shortly afterwards.

This morning I saw his son outside the chemists. He was so strung out that he could barely say hello.
    On my way back I saw one of his junkie buddies leave the chemists with a large bottle of something. They both then went to the bus stop.
    Do you live in Emmerdale and was that the bus stop for Hotton!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Heard a few junkies complaining recently about the new kit kat wrappers.

The legend goes that that is why they changed the wrappers in the first place. A lot of shops don't sell tin foil now either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Mingey wrote: »
    A Junky robbed my phone once while I was helping him & his missus. he died of Hep C soonafter.

Man... What were you doing with your phone..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭PaulByrne'sBald

Naos wrote: »
    I bet you're the same type who would leave their tray & rubbish in a fastfood restaurant saying it's their job to clean up after you as you pay their wages.

Yes, well done - you pay their wages with your tax. However they are not the all knowing omnipotent Big Brother police force (thank jebus) you clearly think they should be.

They rely on help/information from the public, so either get off your ass and dial that number or don't complain on here that they are not doing their job.

1. What your snide remark has to do with anything is beyond me, you must be one of those people who get off on their superoirity complex
    2. Its Wellington quay for christ sake, granted there is relying on public information but there is also opening your eyes, everybody knows this happens in or around the boardwalk yet unfortunatly remains an area used for substance abuse, alcohol and hard drugs... the police surely know what goes on there but for what ever reason seem to ignore it or dont view it as a proirity

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Cadbury's Turkish Delight has never come in a foil wrapper. The wrapper is plastic and Kit Kats haven't come in a foil wrapper in years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭madmik

1. What your snide remark has to do with anything is beyond me, you must be one of those people who get off on their superoirity complex
    2. Its Wellington quay for christ sake, granted there is relying on public information but there is also opening your eyes, everybody knows this happens in or around the boardwalk yet unfortunatly remains an area used for substance abuse, alcohol and hard drugs... the police surely know what goes on there but for what ever reason seem to ignore it or dont view it as a proirity

at last the voice of reason

does it really take anonymous phonecalls to tell the "crimestoppers" that all the junked up junkies are using and selling junk in dublin city centre?

there are hundreds of them and theyre not exactly hard to spot

Do you live in Emmerdale and was that the bus stop for Hotton!!
    I have no idea what that means.

javaboy wrote: »
    The legend goes that that is why they changed the wrappers in the first place. A lot of shops don't sell tin foil now either.
    I think there was a thread a while back about some junkies robbing tin foil in a shop in the city centre. I think there may have been some cctv footage too. Or else I was drunk and imagined the whole thing.

1. Careful now.

2. Isn't the boardwalk on the opposite side of the Liffey to Wellington Quay? /pedant

It is, 100yrds away

• Registered Users Posts: 28,897 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I have no idea what that means.

No need to show off just because you're not forced to watch it every evening!!

It is, 100yrds away
    Last time I saw Paul Byrne, he wasn't bald.

No need to show off just because you're not forced to watch it every evening!!

No need to show off just because you have a girlfriend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

This whole thread is in bad taste tbh. By all means burn them all slowly in Dunsink. But dont make fun of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

You get it back then?
    Once he's dead its officially fair game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭im_invisible

Last time I saw Paul Byrne, he wasn't bald.

We should both join the Gardai, our sight's in bits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

at last the voice of reason

does it really take anonymous phonecalls to tell the "crimestoppers" that all the junked up junkies are using and selling junk in dublin city centre?

there are hundreds of them and theyre not exactly hard to spot

The service is more aimed towards residential areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

One of my best friends became a junkie, began a downward spiral, and I haven't seen him since I beat the s**t out of him for raping my ex-girlfriend.

Junkies aren't funny, they're sad.

One of my best friends became a junkie, began a downward spiral, and I haven't seen him since I beat the s**t out of him for raping my ex-girlfriend.

Junkies aren't funny, they're sad.

Seriously?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

That film Transpotting really got on my tits,it turned the nightmare world of heroin addiction into a humorous music video.Turned a fair few people onto heroin too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Witch! Where's my burning stake?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

dsmythy wrote: »
    Witch! Where's my burning stake?
    You used it to burn that other witch who just turned out to be some poor girl with a wireless ignition for her car

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Acacia wrote: »
    I was almost mugged once and threatened with a dirty needle ...

snap..

then I punched him. He was still down and not moving when I turned the corner at the end of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Seriously?

Seriously. I'm pro-many drugs, but heroin and others like crack are killers. People who get hooked on them stop being who they once were and become shadows of what being human is supposed to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

KTRIC wrote: »
    Cadbury's Turkish Delight has never come in a foil wrapper. The wrapper is plastic and Kit Kats haven't come in a foil wrapper in years.
    That's Fry's Turkish Delight you're thinking of, the tasty one :) Cadbury's do a turkish in the same wrappers as their other chocolates (paper cover, chocolate in tin foil). But agree on Kit Kats, last foil one I had was a good year ago and from a 2euro store :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I used to always get asked "Was I looking" any time I was walking by the Civic Offices (Wood Quay?). There was always gangs of junkies hanging around there. Its such a sad thing to see. Used to look like something out of a zombie movie sometimes.

Advertisement